Na'vi tattoo

Started by Unilsyulang, June 28, 2010, 12:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Quote from: Jake on December 12, 2010, 01:34:28 PM
You could possibly get bioluminescant tattoos, the bioluminecence coming from deep-sea jellyfish.

However the jelly fish electroluminescent is of course electric.
The human body produces heat, and not electricity.
So unless we walk around with a 12v battery attached to us, we could not glow...

We need a luminescent that reacts to heat, if we could obtain this, then we would forever glow...
I would love to try and figure out how to make heat the active ingredient to "charging" the luminescent.
Heat is on a molecular level, the fast movement of atoms running into each other, also known as friction.
However our bodies produce heat without the use of friction, so to speak, we burn sugars etc etc.

A heat reactive luminescent is unknown to mankind as far as I know.
Any ideas on how to make luminescent reactive to temperature? without exceeding 100 degrees Fahrenheit?

NotW#82

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

We have currently heat reactive Paints...
Although paints do not glow, so that absolves them of use.

NotW#82

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Phosphorus is the chemical element that has the symbol P and atomic number 15. A multivalent nonmetal of the nitrogen group, phosphorus is commonly found in inorganic phosphate rocks. Elemental phosphorus exists in two major forms – white phosphorus and red phosphorus. Although the term "phosphorescence", meaning glow after illumination, derives from phosphorus, the glow of phosphorus originates from oxidation of the white (but not red) phosphorus and should be called chemiluminescence.

Due to its high reactivity, phosphorus is never found as a free element in nature on Earth. The first form of phosphorus to be discovered (white phosphorus, in 1669) emits a faint glow upon exposure to oxygen.

Phosphorus is a component of DNA, RNA, ATP, and also the phospholipids that form all cell membranes. It is, thus, an essential element for all living cells. The most important commercial use of phosphorus-based chemicals is the production of fertilizers.

Phosphorus compounds are also widely used in explosives, nerve agents, friction matches, fireworks, pesticides, toothpaste, and detergents.

This is for those of you wondering why we cant currently use the commonly known glow in the dark luminescent as an ink.
Its extremely poisonous

NotW#82

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

Manufacturers of inks and pigments are not required to reveal the contents. A professional who mixes his or her own inks from dry pigments will be most likely to know the composition of the inks. However, the information is proprietary (trade secrets), so you may or may not get answers to questions.

Most tattoo inks technically aren't inks. They are composed of pigments that are suspended in a carrier solution. Contrary to popular belief, pigments usually are not vegetable dyes. Today's pigments primarily are metal salts. However, some pigments are plastics and there are probably some vegetable dyes too. The pigment provides the color of the tattoo. The purpose of the carrier is to disinfect the pigment suspension, keep it evenly mixed, and provide for ease of application.

Tattoos and Toxicity

This article is concerned primarily with the composition of the pigment and carrier molecules. However, there are important health risks associated with tattooing, both from the inherent toxicity of some of the substances involved and unhygienic practices. Some of the risks are described in this article. To learn more about these risks, care of a new tattoo, and get other information, check out some of the sites listed to the right of each page of this article. Also, check out the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for any pigment or carrier. The MSDS won't be able to identify all chemical reactions or risks associated with chemical interactions within the ink or the skin, but it will give some basic information about each component of the ink. Pigments and tattoo inks are not regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration.

Tattoo Pigment Chemistry

The oldest pigments came from using ground up minerals and carbon black. Today's pigments include the original mineral pigments, modern industrial organic pigments, a few vegetable-based pigments, and some plastic-based pigments. Allergic reactions, scarring, phototoxic reactions (i.e., reaction from exposure to light, especially sunlight), and other adverse effects are possible with many pigments. The plastic-based pigments are very intensely colored, but many people have reported reactions to them. There are also pigments that glow in the dark or in response to black (ultraviolet) light. These pigments are notoriously risky - some may be safe, but others are radioactive or otherwise toxic.

NotW#82

Ean Hufwetulyu

I showed what your idea about the body heat reactive biolum, and she thinks that would the best shoot for our dots to glow at anytime. now we have think of a natural and safe biolum that we can chemically modifity to work with our bodies.
I suggest the biolum aglee
Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Na'vin Nos'feratxu

But doesnt algae eventually break down?
especially if its in our bodies which constantly digest and change things that are foreign to our bodies.

Would algae really work? or would our bodies destroy it? or ingest it?  :-\ 

NotW#82

Ean Hufwetulyu

No the modifty aglae would be put into the second layor of the our skin and not be exposed to our digest system nor antibodies.

neosis666

Quote from: Ean Hufwetulyu on December 16, 2010, 04:13:14 PM
No the modifty aglae would be put into the second layor of the our skin and not be exposed to our digest system nor antibodies.

Please don't make comments like this when you clearly have no idea. Tattoo ink is deposited into the Dermis which has a rich blood supply to it and thus is exposed to antibodies....

Also, no respectable tattoo artist would use algae as a tattoo ink, due to the inherant nature of algae to carry pathogens with it getting tattooed with such a substance would be entirely out the question.

Duma Vadamee {Aungia Tsawkeyä}

Quote from: neosis666 on December 17, 2010, 05:39:18 AM
Quote from: Ean Hufwetulyu on December 16, 2010, 04:13:14 PM

Please don't make comments like this when you clearly have no idea. Tattoo ink is deposited into the Dermis which has a rich blood supply to it and thus is exposed to antibodies....

Also, no respectable tattoo artist would use algae as a tattoo ink, due to the inherant nature of algae to carry pathogens with it getting tattooed with such a substance would be entirely out the question.

....didn't understand a word of that, but i agree cause it sounds serious.

old gallery link?id=2254[/img]

Ean Hufwetulyu

With all due respect. I dont fully know all the aspects for tattoos, but my theory about the algae is still being checked by my team's checmist. She told me once she has isolated the chemical compond for the algae's biolum cell. Then we can start studying what chemical agents active the glowing effect, and how we can modifity the agent to be suitible and safe for injection into our bodies.
Now Na'vin theory about having heat reactive compound is also being researched. The issue with this idea is we have to figure out what resource can we use to create the biolum effect.   

Human No More

So, after months and months... here it is!

2 hours of work done today...

Going to get some more done on the 21st, should be enough to have it finished :D
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Puvomun

Whoa. That's heavy duty tattoo, ma tsmukan!!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Kxeyo

It looks so painful. >_<"
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Human No More

Of course it's painful to a degree. That said, getting it done was the worst part, mainly at the start, and I'm so happy with it so far ;D

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Kxeyo

Thanks, that ruined my day. Now I'll never get something similar :P

...Ok, maybe one day. Just not now. ::)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Puvomun

Quote from: Human No More on January 07, 2011, 12:06:21 PM
Of course it's painful to a degree. That said, getting it done was the worst part, mainly at the start, and I'm so happy with it so far ;D
Sran. It's a long time, and you are constantly bombarded with lots of needles. It would be stupid to say it does not hurt, but it is not an excrutiating pain. It is just an ongoing nagging pain, not bad enough to shout.

As long as you are happy with the result (and you should, it already looks good with the wrapping on), that is what counts!
I also love my ikran tattoo. Would do it again immediately.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Human No More

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
dA

- Richard P. Feynman

Ean Hufwetulyu

that is awesome ma tsmukan

'Oma Tirea

M.O.E. :o

QuoteThat is one damn big tatoo.

:D

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!