PANDORAN VISITOR'S BUREAU

Started by Ateyo Te Syaksyuk, February 08, 2012, 12:32:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

I found this artistic endeavor posted on the web through HUBPAGES;  A Pamphlet from the Pandoran Visitor's Bureau! It is very entertaining (and horrifying, to a certain degree) but I thought it worth sharing for it's imaginative presentation:
http://delaneyboling.hubpages.com/hub/Guide-to-Pandoran-Foods-Navi-Cuisine

Reykoveyzä te Werufalä Haflak'ite

Good and imaginative, but they just made up the Na'vi words. I hate it when people do that  ;D
Irayo, ma frapo, ma oeyä smuke sì ma oeyä smukan.
Vivar 'ivong Na'vi! Eywa ayngahu!

*if i make a mistake in any of my Na'vi, please correct me :)

Kamean

Interesting :)
Quote from: Reykoveyzä te Weru'falä Haflak'ite on February 08, 2012, 03:41:23 PM
Good and imaginative, but they just made up the Na'vi words. I hate it when people do that  ;D
Fì'u
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

In the Pandprapedia, many of the plants are named and idenified as edible or not.  The names, at least seem to follow Na'vi writing.  The pamphlet is unsettling for more reasons than that, though.  I would hate to see the commercialization of paradise! Here on Irrta, we see high rise hotels all over the coast of Oahu.  I understand that they make certain everyone has their return ticket.  There is one island, Ni'hay, where only Native Hawaiians live.  They speak the ancient language and keep the trbial customs from old. 
Samoans have been approached numerous times with proposals to develop resort communities. The developers are always sent away packing.  I wouuld prefer to our Pandora NOT be developed into a resort! (speaking euphemistically)
Only a low impact, low tech, presense for all us die hard fans that have Blue Hearts.
(I like my yerik roasted on a spit!)
ATEYO
:D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The logical thing to do would be to put the high rise hotels and the infrastructure that goes along with them, at Hell's gate, where there is already massive disruption (plus power, water, etc.) and leave everything natural after that. Not everyone who is going to wat to visit will be as 'blue' as we tend to be. And considering the hostile environment on Pandora for humans, they will want some place where they can be comfortable. That all said, visits should be restricted to ecotourism, a certain amount of cultural exchange, and research. Let the entrapenuers do their thing on some blasted, lifeless rock somewhere else.

I like my yerik raw!  ;)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Niri Te

Ateyo outlined the perfect scenario one or two installments back in her fan Fiction. It takes place I think eight years after the total defeat of the RDA in the battle at the Tree of Souls. When the RDA ship arrived on Earth, everyone wes marched to prison. It seems that as soon as the ship left Pandoran orbit, several hours of "news reports" complete with gun camera films of the attack on Hometree, and the attempted attack on the Tree of Souls was sent to earth, and beat the non FTL ship to Earth. As a result of the very graphic videos, there was wide scale rioting almost planet wide, RDA offices were burned to the ground, and many people on both sides were killed.
Jump ahead eight years, and a totally new company that is an arm of several respected Universities wants to come back, and very selectively mine comparatively miniscule amounts of the ore strictly to fund ongoing research,, not the way that the vrrtep at the RDA worked it to where the research was used as a ploy for them to RAPE the moon.
In Ateyo's story, there will be no more than a hundred people total on the moon,  and they would use very selective methods of extracting the ore's ONLY where the Na'vi say that they can. All of the Rebel military, and techs are armed to the teeth, and they routenely kill on sight any RDA that have gone underground, when they catch them. These humans, have gone total native, and they are about to get their dreams answered, as the study, IF the Na'vi allow it, would like to allow any humans to have an Avatar made for them. and in return, the humans from Earth can study them physically, long term.
Now THAT is COOOOOL!!!!! (I guess you guys can figure out what I said, when I was offered the shot at an Avatar, can't you).
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Very creative storyline, ma Ateyo! There are some very interesting opportunities in there for subplots, etc.

Yawey ngahu!

Niri Te

She started the first several episodes, but as soon as the Rebel military units became a possibility in the storyline, she had me ghost write all the interactions between military personnel, and all the briefing, debriefing, combat scenes, and anything where Tai Tae Ao, Ateyo's love interest is the primary character. everything else, she writes. ( By the way, Tai Tae Ao, incoming, or evening tide, IS the name that was given to me, by the Samoan Family that legally adopted me, when I lived there).
Niri Te

Lolet

I'm pretty sure the "t'hankoor berry" grows on a tree in my yard.  ;D

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Now that I have finally read the article, I have to give them an A for creativity. But the rest is bad science and bad biology! Why would they use hydroponics on a world like Pandora, and why would they use something as high-tech as liquid nitrogen in food prep? (Do they use liquid nitrogen now for 'Rrtan cooking?)

Pygmy thanator? Herbivore? That might explain how they can offer pygmy thanator steaks, as meat from a carnivore, while edible, is not sustainable in quantity, in any ecosystem I am aware of.

One thing they did get somewhat right-- T'hankoor berries being 'in heat'. A lot of Pandoran plants are part animal, so it wouldn't surprise me to find a plant could be 'in heat'.

Finally-- their attempt at Na'vi is worse than awful!!

Yawey ngahu!

Niri Te

WHY I refuse to even look at it. I have enough trouble figuring out Na'vi grammar as it is, I DON'T need to learn any bad habits.
Niri Te

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

With a little better forethought, A Na'vi recipe book for the campfire would be enjoyable. No Thantor steaks, Ma 'Eylan Ayfalulukanyä! Not of any size!
There was a thread on Grandma's Keylu and Amaya has published a photo of breaded Keylu, presented on a lovely rìk (on DeviantArt)
Yerik turned on a roasting spit! Now that's homestyle cooking!

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on February 11, 2012, 04:03:15 PM
Now that I have finally read the article, I have to give them an A for creativity. But the rest is bad science and bad biology! Why would they use hydroponics on a world like Pandora, and why would they use something as high-tech as liquid nitrogen in food prep? (Do they use liquid nitrogen now for 'Rrtan cooking?)

Pygmy thanator? Herbivore? That might explain how they can offer pygmy thanator steaks, as meat from a carnivore, while edible, is not sustainable in quantity, in any ecosystem I am aware of.

One thing they did get somewhat right-- T'hankoor berries being 'in heat'. A lot of Pandoran plants are part animal, so it wouldn't surprise me to find a plant could be 'in heat'.

Finally-- their attempt at Na'vi is worse than awful!!

Ngahu mllte.  My comment:

QuoteQuite frankly, this kinda makes me cringe. Rutxe nivume fte pivlltxe lì'fyati leNa'vi nì'awve!

...'cause the phonotactics are as bad as those in the ASG/Pandorapedia.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Human No More

Quote from: Reykoveyzä te Weru'falä Haflak'ite on February 08, 2012, 03:41:23 PM
Good and imaginative, but they just made up the Na'vi words. I hate it when people do that  ;D
Mllte  >:( :(

Someone obviously went to a lot of effort with this, but... it doesn't fit in, really.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

i was reading through the ASG yesterday and had a sudden urge to tippex out all the random letters and write in the proper words hrh  ;D a YKYBLNTL moment, i think ;)

Puvomun

Quote from: Human No More on February 13, 2012, 05:02:26 PM
Good and imaginative, but they just made up the Na'vi words. I hate it when people do that  ;D
Mllte  >:( :(

Someone obviously went to a lot of effort with this, but... it doesn't fit in, really.

I just discovered this thread and looked at the source of the commotion.
Wiya... ulte mawey, ma oeyä txe'lan...

Yes, they did a really nice job on creating the menu, but at the first words noNa'vi I had the shivers already. Makes me wish I had not seen that...
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.