Seed of Language: Version 2.0.0
Finally, the major new version of Seed of Language
is available as a beta-version! This version now uses the .NET-Framework 3.5, thus you won't need a Java Virtual Machine and on Windows the program will be much faster than 1.x-versions.
If you want to try running this on Linux/Macintosh, you can use the Mono-Framework or Wine - I haven't been able to try starting the program this way, but if someone succeeds, he's welcome to tell me
Some of the new features are:
- New design of the windows
- New lesson format (this format is much faster than the old one, and easy to understand)
- Faster playing of audio-examples
- New way for displaying lessons with images
- More beautiful design of the lesson-window (Font with shadow, etc..)
- Saving of the last repetition
- Better support for other languages - the program will automatically choose the language of your country (if supported, otherwise English)
- .. and much more!
Alas, you can't use lessons for 1.x-versions of the program - perhaps I'll write a converter, but not in near future. Thus everyone, who creates new lessons is welcome! If someone is interested in the new lesson-format, take a look into the file located at Lessons/Introduction.txt
Perhaps there'll be a small update for the old version, but remember that this new version will be primarily supported.