*UPDATED* - Avatray 0.3.4 - A tray launcher for your Na'vi stuff...

Started by Swoka Ikran, December 19, 2010, 11:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 14, 2011, 08:54:21 AM
Try disabling it completely (including the Web Protection and any download scanners it has). You're the first person I know of who uses G Data, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the issue. The Avatray updater uses the file system from IE, so anything that affects IE downloads will also likely affect it.

It wasn't the issue.
I've tried starting it in Compatibility mode (XP SP3) and it worked!  :D

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on April 14, 2011, 10:22:46 AM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on April 14, 2011, 08:54:21 AM
Try disabling it completely (including the Web Protection and any download scanners it has). You're the first person I know of who uses G Data, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the issue. The Avatray updater uses the file system from IE, so anything that affects IE downloads will also likely affect it.

It wasn't the issue.
I've tried starting it in Compatibility mode (XP SP3) and it worked!  :D
Huh, must be a Win7-only bug then. Good to see you got it working :)
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

akiwiguy

The "Use Windows theme colors on menu" option doesn't work in Win7 with Aero.

I have the option ticked in the Settings dialog.

Debug log attached.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eltu lefngap 'eveng on June 22, 2011, 01:47:06 AM
The "Use Windows theme colors on menu" option doesn't work in Win7 with Aero.

I have the option ticked in the Settings dialog.

Debug log attached.
The SS you posted doesn't show anything wrong. Avatray uses whatever your menu colors are set to in Basic/Classic theme. Aero and the glass-effect are not supported (menu library doesn't support it currently).

You can try the below to try and set colors, but no guarantees it will work:
* Turn Aero off (or even switch to Windows Classic)
* Set your colors with Aero off.
* Check if the menu color is correct (restart Avatray after changing settings)
* Turn Aero back on and restart Avatray again. See if it still shows the colors.

Also, just to let you know, I'll be out of town for a few days, so I may not respond again until Friday.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Eltusiyu

So.. Very useful  tool :) It's so helpful when you have a mess on PC :D
It is working properly for me :) on Vista Sp2.

But I've got a question..
In 0.3.3v is new icon.. Is any there any possibility to revert them.. I don't like new one. I don't know why..  ???

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus

hemmond

Quote from: Kxrekorikus on October 04, 2011, 10:12:48 AM
In 0.3.3v is new icon.. Is any there any possibility to revert them.. I don't like new one. I don't know why..  ???

That makes us two. I also liked the old one. :)
old gallery link?id=1849[/img]
old gallery link?id=1890[/img]

http://twitter.com/hemmondssandbox

If it's change in you, then the world is changing too.
--22nd World Scout Jamboree anthem.

Swoka Ikran

Wow...I didn't even know people were still using this...

Yeah, I can make a 0.3.4 with the old (0.3.2) icon. The thing also needs some code cleanup and a new version is overdue anyway. :)

EDIT: I'm now wondering if I should just make this a maintenance release with a few code tweaks and a new icon, or if I should look into some new features. I'm considering offering the program in languages other than English, but not speaking any other language means I'd need the users to translate it. Anyone else think it's a good idea?

hemmond

Surely this is a good idea. :) I can translate it to czech, if you tell me how. :)

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: hemmond on October 04, 2011, 05:16:20 PM
Surely this is a good idea. :) I can translate it to czech, if you tell me how. :)
Alright :)

Translating it is pretty simple: Open the program's "Lang" folder and make a copy of the English.ini. Then, just open it in a text editor and translate the contents. I'll include the file in the 0.3.4 update so others can use it. :)

hemmond

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on October 04, 2011, 06:43:44 PM
Quote from: hemmond on October 04, 2011, 05:16:20 PM
Alright :)

Translating it is pretty simple: Open the program's "Lang" folder and make a copy of the English.ini. Then, just open it in a text editor and translate the contents. I'll include the file in the 0.3.4 update so others can use it. :)

Aye captain.  ;D ;D ;D

EDIT: For thoose, who are interested, I'm attaching CZ language file. :)

Tirea Aean

I'm sorry for the stupidly late epic revive post, but I just remembered this project and came to install it, remembered the issues I had, read Swoka Ikran's posts and made a revalation.

I got this app to completely TOTALLY work exactly as intended under Linux by using Alternate 2 Browser and specifying the path to the native Linux Firefox and using Adobe in wine.

For me, this meant

going to compatibility tab and entering

Z:\usr\bin\firefox

in the Browser executable box, installing Adobe Reader 11 for Windows 7 in Wine, entering

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe

in the PDF reader Executable box

and then downloading the Dictionaries from LearnNavi.org/media and putting them in the Avatray folder then updating the settings on Avatray to tell it where the files are.

WOOT!

so yeah, great to have this again, and have everything perfectly working. I was ignorant in the time I posted here in this thread.

Anyways. For those who are just now seeing this resurface because of this epic LATE-post, I HIGHLY recommend downloading the dictionary and Nutshell PDFs again and replacing the ones this app comes with.

Awesome. Have another +1, ma Swoka Ikran for being right after ALL this time despite my ignorance in the past.

Swoka Ikran

I'm amazed...3 years later and this is still useful. Even old, little known apps can die hard I suppose.

Glad to see it's working good now :)

hemmond

Yes... And I made a few improvements in Czech language file. (New file attached)

Thinking about translating it into other languages. :)

Swoka Ikran

It'll be in the next version, whenever I get around to it. School is a big part of my time right now :(

I need to release an update though. The icon needs changing, the language file needs an update, and the skxawng.lu email stuff needs to be removed since it was discontinued.

Swoka Ikran

Finally updated to 0.3.4 almost 2 years later. :) Life's been busy.

The update should come automatically for those with 0.3.1 and newer. Full details in first post.

Swoka Ikran

Palulukan Maktoyu

incase you hadn't seen the redirect message on the Na'vi WOTD
It's now hosted and run by me at naviwotd.keypuk.co.uk i mention only cause the banner you make is stuck on old data
=)
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd