Na'vi Word of the Day Sigbars

Started by Swoka Ikran, April 25, 2011, 03:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puvomun

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 14, 2011, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: Plumps on June 14, 2011, 12:43:26 PM
Follow up from the other thread 8) Wonderful idea!

I have no idea if this is possible but could these bars be created in other languages as well? The dictionary is being translated in several languages so the data base must exist somewhere, kefyak? I am a skxawng when it comes to technical stuff like this. ???
There is no database on my end. What you see on my graphics is what Puvomun posts on twitter. In order for these to be made available in other languages, Puvomun would need to publish them on a second twitter feed with definitions in another language.

I am reworking the software that generates the wotd tweets, and reworking that to one or two other languages should be possible. I can translate the english to e.g. german, dutch and french. Let me know which other languages you'd like. It would be a bit more work to put those on different language-twitter accounts though, maybe we can think of something smart to get those to the sigbars.
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Swoka Ikran

My app pulls from Omängum's feed, so he'd have to update his code to support this. Whether he can/would be willing to do that is another question. See spoiler for what the data I use looks like.

2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

Puvomun

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 14, 2011, 02:12:12 PM
My app pulls from Omängum's feed, so he'd have to update his code to support this. Whether he can/would be willing to do that is another question. See spoiler for what the data I use looks like.

How about if you get a signal from him or me in some way? I can put the file in that format on my server and you could wget it or whatever.
I am sure we can work something out. We'd need someone to do the spanish but that's possible, I am sure.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Plumps

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 14, 2011, 01:15:24 PM
You mean something like this? (Image inside URL tags)

Yes, thank you so much! Irayo ngaru nìtxan :)

Whoa, guys, it was just an idea :o ... I wouldn't know hell breaks loose ;D
I'm totally fine with the English version ... just thought that maybe some people would prefer a different language. I don't know what's technologically possible. If it's too complicated, leave it be. It's fantastic as it is :)

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Puvomun on June 14, 2011, 02:40:59 PM
Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 14, 2011, 02:12:12 PM

How about if you get a signal from him or me in some way? I can put the file in that format on my server and you could wget it or whatever.
I am sure we can work something out. We'd need someone to do the spanish but that's possible, I am sure.
PHP uses file_get_contents() on the feed, so any URL that returns output in that format would work. :) Just note that UTF-8 characters should be actual UTF-8, not HTML entities.

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

omängum fra'uti

I was actually considering having my scripts match the WotD up with the dictionary used by the mobile apps, at which point it would be easy to re-format the WoTD into any of the languages currently available there (Which should be any of the major ones the dictionary is published in).
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on June 14, 2011, 04:03:29 PM
I was actually considering having my scripts match the WotD up with the dictionary used by the mobile apps, at which point it would be easy to re-format the WoTD into any of the languages currently available there (Which should be any of the major ones the dictionary is published in).
That sounds like it'd work. :)

'Itan Atxur

These sig bars are awesome. I wish I had more space in my sig!

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Puvomun

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on June 14, 2011, 04:31:06 PM
Quote from: omängum fra'uti on June 14, 2011, 04:03:29 PM
That sounds like it'd work. :)
Yes, that would be nifty. We'd need the contents of thes files then. I think Tirea Aean uses an SQL dump for his vrrtepcli program. If we could use the same, that would be great.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 14, 2011, 10:02:22 PM
These sig bars are awesome. I wish I had more space in my sig!
Irayo :) As for not having enough space...try using bit.ly to shorten both your Project Tribal graphic's imageshack URL, and the URL for these. You should have enough then.

Quote from: Puvomun on June 14, 2011, 10:20:45 PM
Yes, that would be nifty. We'd need the contents of thes files then. I think Tirea Aean uses an SQL dump for his vrrtepcli program. If we could use the same, that would be great.
That'd make it easy...with such a DB, offering these bars (or the entire project for that matter) in other languages would be simple.

omängum fra'uti

He uses the same data source as the mobile apps. But there is a reason I would want to use the mobile app version of it instead.

'Itan Atxur

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Sіr. Ηaxalot

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on June 14, 2011, 11:11:26 PM
He uses the same data source as the mobile apps. But there is a reason I would want to use the mobile app version of it instead.

Isn't the Mobile Apps database just the EanaEltu SQL in SQLite format?

@Swoka Ikran: If you're interested I could add read permissions for my mirrored database in your account. That database is automatically updated every 24 hours.

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on June 15, 2011, 06:45:09 AM
@Swoka Ikran: If you're interested I could add read permissions for my mirrored database in your account. That database is automatically updated every 24 hours.
Might be useful, so sure :)

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on June 15, 2011, 04:30:01 AM
Thanks. That worked perfectly :)
You're welcome :)

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Sir. Haxalot on June 15, 2011, 06:45:09 AM
Quote from: omängum fra'uti on June 14, 2011, 11:11:26 PM

Isn't the Mobile Apps database just the EanaEltu SQL in SQLite format?

It is MOSTLY just the SQL dump formatted into sqlite, but I believe it has its own set of integer IDs that won't go changing for words, which is what I'm interested in.

Eywa'eveng-tìranyu

Seems the "j."-failure vanished with the PHP updates?

Swoka Ikran

Quote from: Eywa'eveng-tìranyu on June 26, 2011, 11:23:57 AM
Seems the "j."-failure vanished with the PHP updates?
It did. :) The old version of PHP had a bug in the GD module. It was fixed in the updated version.

Swoka Ikran

There is an ongoing issue with the NWOTD bars.

If the bars are not working for you, please try again later. Skxawng.lu is experiencing server problems which are causing timeouts in some cases. The NWOTD bars will be available normally when skxawng.lu is fixed.

Swoka Ikran

The problem with skxawng.lu has been fixed and service has returned to normal.

Puvomun

Ngopyu ayvurä.