Pamrelfya a'Eoio

Started by Prrton, September 02, 2010, 08:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kemaweyan on October 13, 2010, 06:33:55 PM
Sorry, fixed ;)

ma kem, this actually broke it for me....letters are all completely wrong...im re-installing the old one. I had no problems at all with that one over font size 14pt.

Prrton

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 13, 2010, 08:05:37 PM
Quote from: Kemaweyan on October 13, 2010, 06:33:55 PM
Sorry, fixed ;)

ma kem, this actually broke it for me....letters are all completely wrong...im re-installing the old one. I had no problems at all with that one over font size 14pt.

I'm using the version from today and it's working just fine on my Mac. I don't see any behavioral differences.

Kemaweyan

Hmm.. As for me it also works fine. Except ligatures in font 14pt and less (sometimes it also works). And there is no difference between first version and new one, only new link to ' in symbol '
Nìrangal frapo tsirvun pivlltxe nìNa'vi :D

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Kemaweyan on October 13, 2010, 08:32:15 PM
Hmm.. As for me it also works fine. Except ligatures in font 14pt and less (sometimes it also works). And there is no difference between first version and new one, only new link to ' in symbol '

it was completely bizarre WRONG when i installed the new one with the ' [other thing that looks like an apostrophe] change. It was wrong about EVERY CHARACTER. it mixed them up like crazy. horribly wrong. I can get a long just fine with the old one where there was NO issues at all over 14pt. (win7, Firefox)

Maweyatan

oeyä aynantangìl atswusayon yasyom ngeyä keyit, frapoya

Prrton

Quote from: Maweyatan on October 13, 2010, 10:04:53 PM
oeyä aynantangìl atswusayon yasyom ngeyä keyit, frapoya

Tsal t ì sraw fkor seykats i n ì hawng, t ì 'efum ì oe yä.*

Kemaweyan

Ok, yesterday I asked about this issue on the forum of font creators. Today they answered me. So, there are no problems in the font, all ligatures are correct and may work fine. But there is known problem in browsers. Unfortunately they said what other OpenType features like "Contextual Substitution" don't work even in FireFox. They suggested me to ask about this issue on FireFox forum.

Tirea Aean

yeah. the substitution works fine for font size over 14 or 16...ON the forum

i noticed that the substitutions are very strange on MANY programs...MS Word puts a big huge space after when you write a ts, ng, kx px tx glyph... and when you backspace, it turns back into what you input... therefore, writing even kaltxì is impossible in MS Word (2010 Professional)

so basically, in microsoft programs, all glyphs that require two-key input put a space after it and its very annoying and what not. I DID NOTICE that using g and c, the ng and ts glyph obeyed rules. meaining, that  writing "tsun" and "nga" fails, but "cun" and "ga" works great. so what you could do is map kx to q, tx to d, and px to b. you already mapped g and c. this way, nothing strange happens. is this possible?

edit: this likely has to do with the fact you mapped X as KS. so when i go to type "TXON" i get this

Tx     ON

and when i go to put the ON next to the Tx, i get

TONKS

because it puts ON between T and X, which is KS. how very strange....

double edit:

this issue happens for diphthongs too. all things needing two letters in roman:

aw ay ew ey kx ll ng px rr ts tx

Kemaweyan

Yeah, that's great idea! Irayo nìtxan ;) Now I'll do it ;)

Kemaweyan

Done ;)

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 14, 2010, 09:17:41 AM
edit: this likely has to do with the fact you mapped X as KS. so when i go to type "TXON" i get this

Tx     ON

and when i go to put the ON next to the Tx, i get

TONKS

because it puts ON between T and X, which is KS. how very strange....

double edit:

this issue happens for diphthongs too. all things needing two letters in roman:

aw ay ew ey kx ll ng px rr ts tx

This is known bug of MS Word 2010. I saw in Google how to fix it. Try to search...

Tirea Aean

Testing testing

nga ga tsun cun aw ay ew ey ts ng px kx tx c g b q d

Tirea Aean

THis is what happens when i use ANY of the eoio fonts released so far EXCEPT the first one you released. I do no know what it is about that first one, but it seems to be the only one that operates remotely correctly.

Quote from: Tirea Aean on October 14, 2010, 09:57:05 AM
Testing testing

nga ga tsun cun aw ay ew ey ts ng px kx tx c g b q d

Kemaweyan

Tewti! I found solution for FireFox 3. CSS property text-rendering: optimizeLegibility enables all ligatures. Default there is auto and when font is enough small, that sets it to optimizeSpeed which disables ligatures :) Now I think we should ask admins to add this in [font] tag :) You can see how it works with 12pt font here (sorry, I can't write in HTML here, only in russian section).

Ma Tirea Aean, try to clear font cache.

'eylan na'viyä

you can also ask to include the font itself too so users don't have to download it.

@font-face {
   text-rendering: optimizeLegibility;
   font-family: Eoio;
   src: url('http://learnnavi.org/pathto/Eoio.ttf');
}

Kemaweyan

But now font isn't ready yet, so I think we should not upload it to server.

Payä Tìrol

This is pretty ridiculous and wonderful at the same time, nice work :P
Oeyä atanìl mì sìvawm, mipa tìreyä tìsìlpeyur yat terìng

Seze

I tried using this font on my Mac, and it seems to work just fine.   ;)

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Kì'eyawn

Yeah, the font works great on my Mac—although, oddly, Photoshop likes ì just fine, but ä gives it a headache...

But when i try to use the font here on the forum, it (if you'll pardon the delicate expression) goes t*ts-up on me.  But that might be Safari's issue.
eo Eywa oe 'ia

Fra'uri tìyawnur oe täpivìng nìwotx...

Prrton

Quote from: Kì'eyawn on October 14, 2010, 12:07:40 PM
Yeah, the font works great on my Mac—although, oddly, Photoshop likes ì just fine, but ä gives it a headache...

But when i try to use the font here on the forum, it (if you'll pardon the delicate expression) goes t*ts-up on me.  But that might be Safari's issue.

Safari does not support standard OpenType ligatures, but Firefox does.

It's very strange that Safari doesn't, because the support is built into the actual OS, but they probably didn't/don't have the folks assigned to it for testing, so they just suppressed access to the rendering engine.

OpenOffice is totally fine with it.
Keynote and Pages are fine with it.
TextEdit has issues typing ì and ä directly, but if you paste it in then you can still do manipulations.

I have not downloaded the 3rd version yet. My testing so far is based on v. 1 and 2.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Seze on October 14, 2010, 11:51:35 AM
I tried using this font on my Mac, and it seems to work just fine.   ;)

PURE WIN.