If you're new: Kaltxì and welcome to LearnNavi
This post is meant to clear up any confusion about the LearnNavi forum. Please refer to this page for any questions.About LearnNavi
Rules, Policies, and Code of Conduct
- Mission Statement:
- LearnNaviTM is more than a fan site; we are a community of learners. This forum is for friendly and helpful discussions about the Na'vi language and topics centering around the film AVATAR (and impending sequels).
- LearnNavi is not affiliated with 20th Century Fox or James Cameron. We need to respect intellectual property and copyrights to the best of our knowledge and ability. Enforcing this entails work from the moderators which includes (but is not limited to) removing or stopping any discussions, posts, or threads, any of which encourage the unlicensed duplication or sharing of copyrighted materials. This includes all LearnNavi.org services including the main web site, forums, wiki and IRC servers.
- The LearnNavi collective:
- http://www.learnnavi.org/ - the homepage, with general information about the Na'vi language
- http://forum.learnnavi.org/ - a discussion board and online community centered around the film and language
- http://wiki.learnnavi.org/ - a collaborative project to compile all relevant information and aspects of the language. A login is required to contribute. (which is not the same as your forum login)
- http://navilator.com - recently acquired from James Cunningham, the original author. A translator (work-in-progress) that will support multilingual translation to and from Na'vi.
- LearnNavi around the web
- Server / etc.
LearnNavi is running its own server, FreeBSD, Na'vi Shell.
A lot of folks have said that this community has been one of the friendliest and most helpful that they have ever experienced and been part of. Here's how you can help us keep it this way!
- Respect the Golden Rule: Kemìri a ngaru prrte' ke lu, tsakem rä'ä sivi aylaheru. Be nice to everyone, especially newcomers.
- The forum, like the film, is rated PG-13. For those outside of the United States or those unfamiliar with the rating: Don't post anything here you wouldn't want your parents or employers to see. This includes nudity, distasteful material, and any hateful attitudes. There are plenty of other websites out there specialize in risque and offensive things. Keep it there - don't bring it here please.
- Spam, and advertising other websites or forums will not be tolerated.
- Do not necropost, this could lead to the spread of old or incorrect information and confuse people. If you don't think the thread has much incorrect information and you've got something very useful to add, you're probably ok. PM a mod if you're not sure.
- If you have a personal conflict or an issue with other members, please try to first resolve it in private via our messaging system. Issues concerning the site or its documents should be posted in the corresponding forum or sub-forum.
- Outside of the Off-Topic and Spam sections, please try to stay on topic. A forum is a discussion board, not a chat.
- Your moderators are members like you who have been appointed to enforce the forum rules and keep things running smoothly. Respect their authority, and avoid arguments
- If you have an issue with another member's post or you see another member breaking these rules, do not hesitate to report it to a moderator, or send a moderator a private message
- Do not abuse the karma system.
- Signature rules:
- No images larger than 500x100 pixels
- No vulgarities
- Bannable offenses:
- Deliberately or repeatedly violating copyrights.
- Community member harassment.
- Argumentative, insulting or pejorative discussions intended to incite or perpetuate conflict on the learnnavi.org threads (TROLLING)
- Should you partake in bannable actions, the Ban Ikran will eat your account.
- Posts in the SPAM section do not count towards your post count.
A simple arbitrary community feedback system which lets you and others know what the community thinks of you and your contributions. If you've just joined or started posting, you'll probably be at zero. Don't worry about it. Note that you need 25 posts to change others' karma (applaud or smite them).
- Stars and Ranking System
The colors for users are the same as for any other SMF-powered forum. Don't expect the colors or theme changing any time soon.
|Admin (Toruk Makto)|
|Global Mod (Olo'eyktan Nawm)|
- Regular Members
|Ikran makto ||750|
|Palulukan makto ||1000|
- Custom Na'vi smiley icon sets used in the LearnNavi Forums created by Tefpakyu and Syalhu swirä ... (give karma where karma is due!)
This page may change in the future, so it's a good idea to keep an eye on it.Change log
- 4/2/2011: Added note about signatures
- 4/27/2013: Fixed a broken link to the Ban Ikran image
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:28:20 pm by Toruk Makto »