Avatar Fan Film - Who wants to take part?

Started by Alan, June 24, 2012, 03:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Kaltxì ma eylan,

Ok, I've been meaning to post this for a while, but with the forum going down and a shed load of AM prep work going on I just go snow under.  However, I have dug myself out a little bit so who is up for taking part in Avatar Fan Film 3?

With the coming AvatarMeet 2012 in Seattle only a few weeks away the opportunity to do another Avatar fan film is just too good to pass up. The theme of this fan film is:

'Now we will send them a message.'

The intent is to create a fan film that we can send to the creators of Avatar to give them some encouragement for the next film and show them our appreciation. An 'Irayo' if you will, for bringing Avatar to us. This will also act as a wonderful record of this time in all our lives to look back on. Ok, so what is the synopsis?

Synopsis:
We all have our own individual and collective 'Avatar stories' to tell. This fan film will be the opportunity to collect them together. It will cover the story from the beginning when we first discovered Avatar and what our experience was like. It will explore our collective and individual journeys since then, how it has changed us, perhaps caused us to think and do things differently, through to the friendships and communities we have formed as a result. The final aspect will be an opportunity for us to say 'Irayo' to James Cameron, his cast and crew; to send them a message.

Whilst the opportunity will be taken to capture a considerable amount of the content at AvatarMeet 2012, this really is open to anyone who wishes to take part from the forums really. Even if you are unable attend the meet up.

So who is interested in taking part? If you are, feel free to post a reply here. There is no need to go filming right away as I will post more information once we know that there is enough interest out there.

Over to you.

Eywa ngahu,

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Oh you KNOW I want to be part of this!!!

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

In the words of the immortal Jake Sully:

8) HELL. YEAH. 8)
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Alan

Txantsan! :D  Irayo for your interest everyone.  I'm hoping to send out further info on the project this week.

Alan

CyanRachel

Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Alan

OK lets get started!

Irayo to everyone who have registered their interest in our fan film.  With the help of Drewan I have pulled together a website that contains all the details we need to this film on the road.

There are five main pages:

• Home Page - contains a drop box for you to upload your footage and a sneek preview of the start of the film (Irayo to tm20 for doing the voice over).
  • Script Guidance - This gives an overview of the script and a link for you to download the script for you to read through and get your thinking caps on what you would like to say.
  • Film Making Tips - covering shot types, camera info, sound, lighting and direction
  • Uploading Foootage Tips - How to name your clips, file formats and how to upload your footage.
  • Previous Fan Films - provides information about the previous two fan films that have been made.

There is now nothing to stop you filming away...unless you want to get involved with any of the specific scripted text. In which case contact me before filming these bits so I can update the script with who is doing what.

As I said at the start of this thread, although a fair amount of the filming will be undertaken on both the camping trip and in Seattle, this is open to anyone who would like to take part.  So visit the website to find out more:

If you haven't already posted above that you would like to take part either leave a post or PM me. This is so I know who is taking part.

Irayo for taking the time to 'send them a message'. Have fun.

Eywa ngahu,

Alan

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Alan

Yep, and the Script have been updated to reflect who is doing what scripted scenes so far.  Check out the link below:

http://www.avatarfanfilm.net/html/script_guidance.html

Irayo to all who want to take part.  Remember you don't have to be going to the meet up in Seattle to take part in the fan film  :D

Alan

Jane MacMillan

If you're filming the individual reflections during the meetup, I'd be willing to do that. I'll also be in costume Saturday and Sunday if you still need :) for those parts.
I don't have the equipment to film anything by myself, however.

DJ Makto

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on July 16, 2012, 09:29:29 PM
If you're filming the individual reflections during the meetup, I'd be willing to do that. I'll also be in costume Saturday and Sunday if you still need :) for those parts.
I don't have the equipment to film anything by myself, however.

As Alan's filming and camera "wingman" We will definitely be trying to cover as many things and people as possible on all the days. Filming equipment will not be a issue. :)