Started by Alan, July 10, 2012, 04:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hì'ia tuté

We'll be eagerly awaiting Avatar Nation's uploads (especially those of us unable to be in attendance)

Jane MacMillan

Today was a lovely day!  Here's Sarah Noel and myself facing down some sort of aerial foe:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/damianaswan/7619257448/#in/set-72157630688838210/

The EMP kind of looks like some sort of Pandoran creature or plant, if you filter the colors right.

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

I saw you two in passing with a group going back to the hotel in passing as I was doing laps looking for a parking stall. Eventually gave up and went to Pike Place Market then back to the ferry back to Bremerton. Yesterday, for me, sucked.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

hì'ia tuté

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on July 22, 2012, 02:11:16 AM
I saw you two in psssing with a group going back to the hotel in passing as I was doing laps looking for a parking stall. Eventually gave up and went to Pike Place Market then back to the ferry back to Bremerton. Yesterday, for me, sucked.

I love Pike Place Market, did you see the "flying fish" stand?

I have, yes. did not get that high into the levels. Entered from the bottom and meandered about for about an hour then left. No spoils.

hì'ia tuté

Bummer. Hopefully you'll find a place to park today. Wouldn't want to miss Paul Frommer's lesson today.  :D

I have no clue when those even start. Gonna tr this from a different approach this time. Wish I had time to find a store that has those SD cards for camera's cause I need one.

Maybe there is one by the Bremerton ferry landing.

Anyways, I am to bed. Figure on getting up around 9 and see what the day brings.

Alan

Quote from: Puvomun on July 21, 2012, 02:25:23 PM
WOU! I have just found this topic and loved all the video logs so far! Irayo si ngaru, ma Alan!

Irayo ma tsmukan :). It is a pleasure to do them so that those who can't make it can feel a part of it.

Quote from: Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto) on July 22, 2012, 04:48:45 AM
I have no clue when those even start. Gonna tr this from a different approach this time.

The Na'vi lessons start at 15:00 sharp in the EMP learning Lab for those who have signed up.  See ya there.

Anyway, yesterday was cosplay day.  This must have been the largest gathering of Na'vi in one place on the planet.  All I shall say is that the crowds were not disappointed!  Here's the latest:

Alan's AvatarMeet Journal: 9

Today we will be having Na'vi lessons given by  some of the more proficient speakers and Dr Paul Frommer!!!!  Then in the evening we will be having a final Clan Meal together.

After that our clan will disperse to the four winds...very sad only...until next time..?

Alan

P.A.'li makto

Amusingly many blue people gathered there!!  :o I envy you so much!  :-[

(We are trying to get some people to our Avatar Hungarian Team, but all efforts are in vain.  :( )

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Puvomun

Quote from: Alan on July 22, 2012, 11:11:39 AM
Quote from: Puvomun on July 21, 2012, 02:25:23 PM
WOU! I have just found this topic and loved all the video logs so far! Irayo si ngaru, ma Alan!

Irayo ma tsmukan :). It is a pleasure to do them so that those who can't make it can feel a part of it.

Ngeyä tìkangkem fpi fì'u lu txana sìltsan, ma tsmukan. Oel tsìme'a ngeyä relit atì'usärìp ulte pum lu txantsan!
You are doing a wonderful job on that, brother. The newest video was wonderful to see, it made me smile big time!!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Niri Te

What you said about the final Clan meal, then scattering to the four winds, and Very sad only, brought tears to my eyes, and I STILL have a lump in my throat.  All that, and I wasn't even THERE. I don't think I could handle BEING there, and then having to leave. 
Thank you for showing us the meetup, if you wanted to bring the essence of it to us, you succeeded so well, that I'm sorry that it is ending tonight, and I am 1,500 miles away as the Taylorcraft Flies.
Eywa ngahu  to you all,
a tearful Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Toruk Makto

Please note that the Na'vi lessons with Dr. Paul Frommer start at 3:00pm (Seattle local time) in the meeting room across from the restaurant in the EMP. Please note that one of the Pandora Rules is to be here in your seat and ready to go by 2:55pm, so we can begin promptly on time.

Markì

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 22, 2012, 02:43:39 PM
Please note that the Na'vi lessons with Dr. Paul Frommer start at 3:00pm (Seattle local time) in the meeting room across from the restaurant in the EMP. Please note that one of the Pandora Rules is to be here in your seat and ready to go by 2:55pm, so we can begin promptly on time.

Markì

I hoped I could clear my HDD by then, been struggling with it, because of windows forcing its media extractor over the one that actually works with my camera. >=(

@3:30PM I started punching myself in the face.
私は太った男だ。

Toruk Makto

Quote from: Txur'Itan on July 22, 2012, 05:12:43 PM
Quote from: Toruk Makto on July 22, 2012, 02:43:39 PM

Markì

I hoped I could clear my HDD by then, been struggling with it, because of windows forcing its media extractor over the one that actually works with my camera. >=(

@3:30PM I started punching myself in the face.

My advice is to begin drinking heavily.

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

wm.annis

Eana Unil

Hahaha, just guessin' that he wants to explain the -a- affix physically  ;D  Or he's doing the "funky chicken"  :-X ;D Jk. Funny picture.

Damn, I'm still jealous.

hì'ia tuté

I can't wait for the audio and/or video of the lesson! It must have been so exciting to be there!

Alan

Quote from: Puvomun on July 22, 2012, 12:10:53 PM
Ngeyä tìkangkem fpi fì'u lu txana sìltsan, ma tsmukan. Oel tsìme'a ngeyä relit atì'usärìp ulte pum lu txantsan!
You are doing a wonderful job on that, brother. The newest video was wonderful to see, it made me smile big time!!

Irayo ma Puvomun :).  I appreciate it.

Afraid I didn't manage to get enough footage to make a video log for yesterday as it was full on videoing with the big video camera.

You will be glad to know that we managed to get the full 2 hour Na'vi lesson with Kayru Pawl.  However, it will require approval before release.

The lesson was excellently structured covering general conversation topics, like who you are, where you come from, what you like and the weather etc.  These were firstly demonstrated by Kayru Pawl with three of the LearnNavi stalwarts: Txonä Rolyu, Ray (sorry mate I can't remember you LearnNavi name - memory like a sieve!) and Prrton, who had done a wonderful job of helping to prepare the lesson and produce the slide presentation.

There was continuous repetition, repetition... ;) ...and then sessions undertaken in pairs to practice.  The Na'vi alphabet was gone through along with how to create the sounds as well as explaining ' ...the glockle stop.  Plus a shed load of other stuff that you will get to see in due course.

After the lesson we all walked across the road back to the hotel for the clan meal, which was a buffet.  Kayru Pawl spent copious amount of time with everyone and there was a heartfelt speech by Rainbowwarrior1993 before he had to leave.  Mikko then gave a closing address with much cheering a clapping along the way.

There was a group photo with Kayru Pawl and also the Avatar couples photo!  Yep, we had no less than 6 couples, three of which were international.

Sooner or later though, you have to wake up and now we have started to return to our home clans, until Toruk Makto calls again...

Alan

Puvomun

The main thing is that everyone had a good time. I for one am very happy with all the material that was posted, the videos and the pictures here and on keypuk. Thank you, everyone, for that!
Krr a lì'fya lam sraw, may' frivìp utralit.

Ngopyu ayvurä.

Niri Te

Quote from: Alan on July 23, 2012, 09:57:46 PM

Sooner or later though, you have to wake up and now we have started to return to our home clans, until Toruk Makto calls again...

Alan

And may that day SURELY COME, ma Alan.
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi