Started by Alan, July 10, 2012, 04:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Share your AvatarMeet 2012 stories here as they happen.

Quite simply this is a place for those of us going to AvatarMeet 2012 to report back to the clan stories from our adventure and share the experience with those who are unable to make it.

Just post your stories, links to pictures and video so everyone can be a part of it.

Alan

To start the ball rolling, I've already commenced my journey to AvatarMeet 2012.  I'm currently at Leicester so I can catch the first train of the day to London and then on the Heathrow for my flight across 'the pond'.  First stop for me will be Washington DC where I will be having a mini meet up with some Avatar friends.  If any one is in the area feel free to join us.  We will be there from the 11th July through to 16th July.  Drop me a PM if you want to meet up.

From there two of us will continue to the camping trip in the Olympic Penisula prior to going across to Seattle for the main event.

Hopefully I will be able to post some piccies and stuff along the way.  In the mean time oel ngati kameie...soon ;)

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Alan on July 10, 2012, 05:14:15 PM
To start the ball rolling, I've already commenced my journey to AvatarMeet 2012.  I'm currently at Leicester so I can catch the first train of the day to London and then on the Heathrow for my flight across 'the pond'.  First stop for me will be Washington DC where I will be having a mini meet up with some Avatar friends.  If any one is in the area feel free to join us.  We will be there from the 11th July through to 16th July.  Drop me a PM if you want to meet up.

From there two of us will continue to the camping trip in the Olympic Penisula prior to going across to Seattle for the main event.

Hopefully I will be able to post some piccies and stuff along the way.  In the mean time oel ngati kameie...soon ;)

Alan

Duuuude, if you're going to Washington DC you should contact Tirea Aean and see if he can make it down there for the mini meet :) That's where he and I met last May. Speaking of mini meets, myself, Naomi, Tammy, Yasu (Avatar Nation), and Fredric (Solian), all had a mini meet in Las Vegas for the 4th of July :) It was so much fun! I have some pics on my FB profiles :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

mikkowilson

We'll I'm officially on the way also. Currently cruising down to Seattle at 33,000ft.
Vacation has officially started! Only a few more days of on-the-ground prep in Seattle and it'll be time for the Backpacking, Camping, and then the Meetup proper!

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on July 10, 2012, 06:51:16 PM

Duuuude, if you're going to Washington DC you should contact Tirea Aean and see if he can make it down there for the mini meet :) That's where he and I met last May. Speaking of mini meets, myself, Naomi, Tammy, Yasu (Avatar Nation), and Fredric (Solian), all had a mini meet in Las Vegas for the 4th of July :) It was so much fun! I have some pics on my FB profiles :)

-Txonä Rolyu

Had I known, I might have been able to come down from Reno  :'(
But this time next week, I will be leaving Sacramento, having just boarded the Coast Starlight train bound north for Seattle!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Hey, it's beginning to happen  :D And just to prove I made it across here is a video of my journey:

Alan's AvatarMeet Journal: 1

Catch yer laters,

Alan

Toruk Makto

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

Alan

Oh yeah.  Too right Markì!  It's a struggle to fit it in though! ;). I was worn out last night having walked the whole length of the Mall...yeah, I know I'm a whimp!  Hehehe.  Here's a little video of it:

Alan's AvatarMeet Journal: 2

Alan

mikkowilson

Morning 2 in Seattle: Just woke up after a 4 hours sleep to a thunderstorm. Txantsan!

- Mikko ... where's my gawd damn tea?
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Alan, I see you made it to at least part of the Smithsonian complex. I have been to the Air and Space museum, but need to go back sometime and check all of it out.

Since you visited the natural history museum, I wonder if you plan to visit the National zoo.

As an aside, for those staying Monday after AvatarMeet, I might arrange a trip up to Seattle's Woodland Park Zoo. Seattle has a very nice zoo, based on zoos I have seen all over the country.

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Quote from: mikkowilson on July 13, 2012, 12:43:21 PM
Morning 2 in Seattle: Just woke up after a 4 hours sleep to a thunderstorm. Txantsan!

- Mikko ... where's my gawd damn tea?

Cool!  Did your crack off any piccies at all!  Hopefully it was just a clear out before giving us some fine weather for next week.

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on July 13, 2012, 04:44:08 PM
Alan, I see you made it to at least part of the Smithsonian complex. I have been to the Air and Space museum, but need to go back sometime and check all of it out.

Yeah.  A bloomin' long walk it was too along the Mall!  Hahaha.  Hopefully going into the Smithsonian today after we have met up with some more Avatar family.

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on July 13, 2012, 04:44:08 PMSince you visited the natural history museum, I wonder if you plan to visit the National zoo.

Funny you should mention that.  We went there yesterday!  It was really great.  Can't remember the last time I went to a zoo...probably when I was a wee snappy...errr...quite a few moons ago!  Anyway, here is what we saw:

Alan's AvatarMeet Journal: 3

Catch you all later.

Alan

Prrton

Seysonìltsan, ma Alan!

Very well done!

So glad that you're getting a lot of 'mileage' out of your trip across the pond.

Looking forward to meeting you next weekend in Siätll!

Kìyevame.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

KOSMAN!  lovely zoo! that was naughty of you to place the caption APES under your friend!

Niri Te

Nice videos Alan, I have a question. You referred to every building and monument in DC, EXCEPT for the Washington Monument, which you kept calling "The Pointy Thing". Could it be that you are a bit "Put Off" by the Monument that commemorates the General that kicked the King of England's Butt in the late Seventeen Hundreds?? :) ;) ;) :D
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Alan

Kaltxi  :D

Irayo ma Prrton.  Yeah looking forward to meeting up too.

Ateyo - hehehe.  He didn't notice.  Mind you, neither was I!

Niri Te - Must admit I'm a little hazy on my Anglo-American history.  But the appears to be a number of monument to giving the Brits an a** whopping!  Hehehe

Anyway, yesterday our clan size grew and we went to the Smithsonian.  Take a look:

Alan's AvatarMeet Journal: 4

Alan

Niri Te

When I was 13 years old back in 1963, my father was transferred to The Pentagon, and we lived in Arlington. The incredibly backward Virginia School system, compared to the School systems up in Long Island, bored me to tears. There were NO advanced track classes, (I was doing College level work up in New York), so the school system's "fix" for that was to have me go to the School Nurse first thing in the morning, and right after Lunch, and I was given BY THE SCHOOL NURSE, a teaspoon full of a red liquid. It was PHENOBARBITAL !!! When my dad found out, he threatened to SUE the School System, so they EXPELLED me due to my being "A disruptive influence in the classroom." I KNOW why American Schools are the LAUGHING STOCK of GERMANS, the schools here PUNNISH the intelligent, while pandering to the average.  What my parents DID, now that I was thrown out of School, was I got money for the bus, and lunch every day, and spent eight hours a day, five days a week IN the Smithsonian at 13 years of age. No One told me that I wasn't old enough to learn something, and in the year that we lived in Arlington, my knowledge base grew exponentially.
So HOW did you like the Air and Space Museum??
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Txantsan, ma Alan. You visited the top two places I like in Washington. I did not know you work for Rolls-Royce. Aeronautical or automotive division?

Thank you for some shots of the faluluikan at the National Zoo. Unfortunately, they have had a troubled past with big cats, but are doing better now.

I am sooo looking forward to meeting you in Seattle. I am now going to try and shoot some video of my journey to Seattle, and perhaps you can help me get it posted-- something I have never done before.

Safe travels!

Yawey ngahu!

Tompa'Ivong

My Adventure starts tomorrow....taking a bus from Conroe TX, to Seattle WA, I will post pics of some of the scenery :)

"peu to fwa tskxefa ayuti ska'a lu sìltsan? Tskxe a kllkxem ulte fpi nga ayuti ska'a.
—Toggo, goblin weaponsmith

Alan

Well, this have been another hot day here in Washington, well for me anyway.  Still, great being with the Avatar family :)

Niri Te - Wow, sounds like you had quite an interesting and unique education there.  I found the space and flight museum fascinating.  The best bit was finding the RB-211 Rolls-Royce engine there.  I also found reference to Charles S Rolls, who was one of the first Brits to fly.  We have a picture of him on out desktops at work along with Sir Henry Royce.  Charles was also the first Brit to die in an air crash apparently.

'Eylan Ayfalulukanä - Errr...neither actually!  I work in the marine side.  The automotive side is now owned by BMW.  Rolls-Royce just liense the name to them for the cars.  Roll-Royce basically provides power solutions for land, sea and air.  You can find out more info at www.rolls-royce.com.

Glad you like the footage from the zoo.  The lions seemed to be the most active of all the animals!  Anyway, yeah looking forward to meeting you too, and the rest of our Avatar family.  As for getting to footage uploaded, all I do is film with my phone and then use a video editing app to edit and upload the footage onto YouTube.  I use the hotel's wi-do to upload as it would cost me an arm and a leg over the cell phone network being as I have a UK mobile phone!  Hope that helps a little anyway.

Tompa'Ivong - Yeah! You go for it.  It would be nice to capture the journeyed that we are all making on this Avatar adventure we are having here.

Well, here is the latest installment from today when we visited the Museum of the Native American.  There is a bit of an Avatar connection there.  Interestingly the security guard who checked our bags notice our Avatar T-shirts and asked if we were fans.  It told here we were and going to meet up with a shed load more.  I also gave here the AvatarMeet.com address.  Well, yer know...  Anyway here is the video from today.  Hopefully you will be able to view it ok:

Alan's AvatarMeet Journal: 5

Well, CyanRachel and I will be headind of to Seattle to meeting up with Mikko, AketaunNavi and a shed load of others for the camping trip.  So we will be off grid until Thursday.  But in the meantime keep posting your travel logs.  I'll look forward to catching up with you all then.  In the meantime save journies everyone and Eywa ngahu.

Alan

DJ Makto

This might not be the Seattle meetup, but here is a bright highlight of the Las Vegas Minimeet that was held on the 4th of July week. And yes all of the Avatar memorabilia is a part of a much larger private collection held by Tammy aka Ms. Avatar.

Avatar Mini Meetup 2012 Las Vegas