AvatarMeet 2012 - Dates Confirmed, and Online Registration Open

Started by Payoang, November 18, 2011, 11:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hì'ia tuté

Quote from: Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on May 09, 2012, 08:15:08 PM
Quote from: hì'i tuté on May 09, 2012, 11:37:58 AM
my mom really doesn't want me taking Greyhound (my dad had a really bad experience on Greyhound when he used it to go from Portland to Las Vegas for his sister's wedding... there was a runaway, a purse theft, and a few other things that happened... plus he said it was durrty... lol) But she'd be cool if I took Amtrak, however, there are no trains leaving either Portland or Seattle on the monday the event ends... it's a shame that airline ticket isn't Phoenix/Seattle. :( and I don't think there's a way to change the starting point is there?

I"ll have to talk to my contact at Horizon Air and see if this can be done. I'd also need to see if there's any way to extend the value of it because it would expire in June. I'll get back to you on that ;)

-Txonä Rolyu

that would be amazing... I'm assuming this is a round trip ticket?

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: hì'i tuté on May 09, 2012, 09:52:40 PM
Quote from: Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on May 09, 2012, 08:15:08 PM
Quote from: hì'i tuté on May 09, 2012, 11:37:58 AM
my mom really doesn't want me taking Greyhound (my dad had a really bad experience on Greyhound when he used it to go from Portland to Las Vegas for his sister's wedding... there was a runaway, a purse theft, and a few other things that happened... plus he said it was durrty... lol) But she'd be cool if I took Amtrak, however, there are no trains leaving either Portland or Seattle on the monday the event ends... it's a shame that airline ticket isn't Phoenix/Seattle. :( and I don't think there's a way to change the starting point is there?

I"ll have to talk to my contact at Horizon Air and see if this can be done. I'd also need to see if there's any way to extend the value of it because it would expire in June. I'll get back to you on that ;)

-Txonä Rolyu

that would be amazing... I'm assuming this is a round trip ticket?

No, it's just 1 way, but this would take care of half the cost of transportation. Don't forget that I can also get you discounts on ground transportation :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

hì'ia tuté

oic... hm... that might make things difficult... as I said, I only have $390 left (I am unemployed so no additional funds will be made available to me until August when I get my next bout of student loan money).  :( :-\

mikkowilson

Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Reykoveyzä te Werufalä Haflak'ite

>:(
i want to come so much!

stupid plane fairs.....why £700 for a ticket to seattle? :'(
Irayo, ma frapo, ma oeyä smuke sì ma oeyä smukan.
Vivar 'ivong Na'vi! Eywa ayngahu!

*if i make a mistake in any of my Na'vi, please correct me :)

hì'ia tuté

Quote from: Reykoveyzä te Weru'falä Haflak'ite on May 10, 2012, 01:32:51 PM
>:(
i want to come so much!

stupid plane fares.....why £700 for a ticket to Seattle? :'(

holy crap... and I thought $340 (approx £210) was expensive for round trip from Phoenix to Seattle...

Quote from: mikkowilson on May 10, 2012, 12:55:47 PM
Lots of time to work between now and July. :)

- Mikko

if I can find a job before July...  :-\

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Airfares have absolutely, positively gone through the roof! I am supposed to go to the Feline Conservation Federation convention in a few weeks, an event that is normally a highlight of any given year. But with airfares pushing $700 just to go between Reno, NV and Cincinnatti, OH (or Nashville, TN, which puts me closer to a friend who I would attend with), it is now pretty much out of the question. Not too many years ago, that flight was under $240.

But keep an eye open for surprise, last-minute low fares. Last year, a fare like that unexpectedly showed up and allowed me to attend the FCF convention. The same could very well happen for Na'viCon as well. But have the time to go off from work, etc already, and be ready to act quickly if such a fare materializes.

UPDATE: The lower fares indeed showed up! My friend's situation has also changed, and as a result I got a considerably better airfare into Louisville, KY ($588). The money saved by doing this trip with my friend will lower the cost of the entire trip at least 25%.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

hì'ia tuté

if you go to Southwest.com and download what they call their 'Ding' Desktop Application, they occasionally have super low fares (sometimes as low as $99 or I've even seen $49 fares), however these fares are usually date specific and one-way fares. (so for example if it says Seattle to Phoenix $99, it won't be $99 from Phoenix to Seattle)

hì'ia tuté

looks like the bit of money I have left over, I will need to spend on dentistry to have my wisdom teeth removed... my upper right wisdom tooth is slowly falling apart, and my lower right is starting to come in almost vertically putting pressure where my jaw hinges, which has become quite painful.  :'( I don't have any dental insurance (or any medical insurance period) but on Monday I plan to get ahold of a dental school clinic in hopes it won't cost an arm, a leg and my first born child... especially because I do not want to be awake for the procedure.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: hì'ia tuté on May 13, 2012, 02:14:25 AM
looks like the bit of money I have left over, I will need to spend on dentistry to have my wisdom teeth removed... my upper right wisdom tooth is slowly falling apart, and my lower right is starting to come in almost vertically putting pressure where my jaw hinges, which has become quite painful.  :'( I don't have any dental insurance (or any medical insurance period) but on Monday I plan to get ahold of a dental school clinic in hopes it won't cost an arm, a leg and my first born child... especially because I do not want to be awake for the procedure.

Ah! how times have changed. I had all four wisdom teeth pulled way back in 1982 or 83. They were impacted worse then the doctor thought, and the removal was quasi-surgical. But they did it under just gas and  local anastesia (novocaine), and it wasn't really all that bad. What was worse is wanting pizza so badly a day layer that I ate it stitches and all. That made thing hurt a lot of a couple of days  :-[  In those day though, before health care costs had spiraled out of control, the whole procedure cost me $350 or something like that. Dental work was so inexpensive in those days most people didn't even have insurance for it. (somewhere I still have what was left of those teeth after they were sawn up during removal.)

In any case, I hope you can still come up with some funds to travel and join us. Its funny how that stuff works, sometimes.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

hì'ia tuté

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on May 13, 2012, 03:39:24 AM
Quote from: hì'ia tuté on May 13, 2012, 02:14:25 AM

Ah! how times have changed. I had all four wisdom teeth pulled way back in 1982 or 83. They were impacted worse then the doctor thought, and the removal was quasi-surgical. But they did it under just gas and  local anastesia (Novocaine), and it wasn't really all that bad. What was worse is wanting pizza so badly a day layer that I ate it stitches and all. That made thing hurt a lot of a couple of days  :-[  In those day though, before health care costs had spiraled out of control, the whole procedure cost me $350 or something like that. Dental work was so inexpensive in those days most people didn't even have insurance for it. (somewhere I still have what was left of those teeth after they were sawn up during removal.)

In any case, I hope you can still come up with some funds to travel and join us. Its funny how that stuff works, sometimes.

aye... times have changed... as for Novocaine... I am terrified of needles... I don't even like watching my mom give herself her insulin shots. lol. I remember a time when I went in to have some cavities filled, I told the dentist I did not want any Novocaine shot and he was wide eyed, but agreed to not use Novocaine, but I had to promise if I felt any pain to let him know immediately... I never felt any pain when he was drilling on my teeth... just a pressure. The sound of the drill was more painful than the actual drilling... but for the removal of wisdom teeth, I want the laughing gas... or unconscious... I want to be blissfully unaware of what is going on inside my mouth. lol.

I'm going to try and see if any local theatres are looking to hire for the summer, even if it's box office, or stage hand lackey work... (I'm a tech theatre major AKA Backstage work... I want to be a lighting designer. :D)