AvatarMeet 2012 - Dates Confirmed, and Online Registration Open

Started by Payoang, November 18, 2011, 11:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AketuanNavi

Quote from: Maweyatan on November 19, 2011, 02:15:15 PM
To bad I can't get to Seattle, because I'm on the East Coast. :\

A lot of people are coming from the east coast...maybe you can find someone near you...

Toruk'makto

Die Himmelsmenschen haben uns eine Botschaft gesandt, dass sie sich alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass niemand sie aufhalten kann. Aber wir schicken ihnen auch eine Botschaft; fliegt so schnell wie euch der Wind nur tragen kann; ruft die anderen Clans herbei. Sagt ihnen Toruk'makto ruft sie zu sich. Ihr fliegt jetzt mit mir. Meine Brüder, Schwestern und dann zeigen wir den Himmelsmenschen, dass sie sich nicht alles nehmen können was sie wollen und dass dies unser Land ist.

Tapeworm

I may be able to go.
If so, It's a good thing I live near Seattle.

Kxangangang! re'o tem!

Txur’Itan

私は太った男だ。

Alan

Quote from: Maweyatan on November 19, 2011, 02:15:15 PM
To bad I can't get to Seattle, because I'm on the East Coast. :\

Kaltxi Maweyatan,

Don't give up hope!  As Aketuan said there are many of us coming from the east coast or even further east, like me.  We have produced an estimated cost sheet information covering travel etc.  Just follow the link below:

http://www.avatarmeet.com/docs/2012/EstimatedSeattleCosts-V3.pdf

At least it will give you an idea of the costs and you may well be able to find cheaper flights than those listed, especially if you book between now and the end of February.  Also there is still plenty of time to save up.

Hope that helps ma 'eylan,

Alan

Alan

Quote from: Txur'Itan on November 19, 2011, 09:52:43 PM
That video is pretty cleverly written. LOL  ;D

Irayo Txur'Itan.  Can you tell where we got the idea from?  ;)

Alan

AketuanNavi

Registration has been open for 2 days and so far we have 40+ accounts and 30 people going to the meetup next year!!

Roll Call

Thank you everyone!

Jane MacMillan

Hey, I'm in the very first part of that video! :D That's just beautiful work and wonderfully silly. Well done.
And I'm very thrilled to gather all the clans again, of course.

I'm sad to see that no-one has donated money yet. When I go to fan-run conventions/gatherings, I expect to spend $50 or so on registration as a matter of course. *pays for her badge*

Payoang

Yay! It'll be fantastic.

There's a weird bug in the donation tracker, and it's not showing how much folks have donated. Should be sorted out very quickly. Irayo! :)

mikkowilson

Glad to see you registered Jane!

We are having a little trouble with the donation widget (currently working on replacing it). No need to worry, people are donating their share, and those donations are coming in safely. We just need to fix the counter on the website.

-Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Jane MacMillan

Alan

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on November 21, 2011, 06:17:31 PM
Hey, I'm in the very first part of that video! :D That's just beautiful work and wonderfully silly. Well done.
And I'm very thrilled to gather all the clans again, of course.

Yeah, and you are seen later on too just before we went into the Panel discussions at the June Meet up!  :D

Gathering the clans: we just had to do it and take it to a whole new level!  Hehehe.

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Tse tìkangkem leiu oeru set nì'i'a! Nìngay zarya'eiu oe ne Siätll zìsìtay :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

AketuanNavi

Tsmuktengan

I need to know when my scholar year ends, find not too expensive flights and I can confirm. Meanwhile...  :-\

I am conveyed to a francophone meeting in Quebec the day after the Seattle event ends so this could fit perfectly.

Nongyu te Syulang Swokioang'itan

I'd like to participate, but then I'll need some info. What is there to do there? Is there a participators-limit? Is there an age limit? How do I get there (from Oslo)? What's the costs? How do I register??
I tried to find this info at the avatarmeet.com, but I didn't find anything...
In the unwieldy situation of knowing way more grammar than vocab

Quote from: Nantang tihusahaw on January 07, 2012, 02:23:25 PM
I'd like to participate, but then I'll need some info. What is there to do there? Is there a participators-limit? Is there an age limit? How do I get there (from Oslo)? What's the costs? How do I register??
I tried to find this info at the avatarmeet.com, but I didn't find anything...

There is lots to do in Seattle and I mean lots. We are planning many clan activities including a clan meal and a clan viewing of Avatar :) There is also Pike Place Market, the aquarium, the monorail, numerous restaurants and bars, the Space Needle, the Science Center, the Duck Tours, and of course the Sci-Fi Museum :)

Not sure what you mean by 'participators-limit.'

We don't have an age limit, tho if you are a minor you will need special permission from your parents if you are going to fly by yourself.

Flying would be the only way to get there from Oslo.

As for costs, I have no idea how much the international flight would cost but there is no cost just for attending the meet up. We are accepting donations tho. The more we raise with donations, the more stuff we can give you :) During your time in Seattle, I'd say you'll want to have at least $150-$200 (USD) for spending money.

Everything is on the AvatarMeet website, the links are in purple text. Here is the hotel info as well as donation and travel info :)

Hope all this helps :)

-Txonä Rolyu

It helped! What I meant by participators-limit was "is there a limit for the amount of people to participate?"I am just too lazy to write all that...

Summary: - Lots to do in seattle, nothing that must be done together with clan
- No age limit (I suppose 13 is a little too young though... :( )
- Free meetup, fine with donations

I'll remember that...

A limit on the amount of participants? Oh hell no! The more the merrier :)

-Txonä Rolyu