AvatarMeet 2012 - Dates Confirmed, and Online Registration Open

Started by Payoang, November 18, 2011, 11:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

Quote from: Nantang tihusahaw on January 07, 2012, 02:23:25 PM
I'd like to participate, but then I'll need some info. What is there to do there? Is there a participators-limit? Is there an age limit? How do I get there (from Oslo)? What's the costs? How do I register??
I tried to find this info at the avatarmeet.com, but I didn't find anything...

Yeah, what Txonä said and the link he provided here.  If you are looking to join the clan you can register here

Just a quick look at flights from Oslo to Seattle reviewed that there were plenty of options.  All of them requiring at least one change in either London or New Jersey (and possibly other places).  Flights cost seem to vary from 8020 Kroner to a whopping 36,114 Kroner :o!  I suspect you will be able to find cheaper prices if you search locally over your way.

If you are 13...that might be a bit of a big ask to travel all that way alone.  However, you could always see if your family would like to take their summer holiday in Seattle. ;)... ;D

Note that the hotel is not free.  The cost information for is provided in the link that Txonä provided.  The convertion comes out at about 1020 kroner per night.  Although this is halved if you share a room.  ($100 ~ 600 Kroner)

Hope that helps.  If you have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.  There will be someone here to help. :D

Alan

Nongyu te Syulang Swokioang'itan

Wow! thx Alan! Karma for that! But, must one register in a clan for AvMt?
In the unwieldy situation of knowing way more grammar than vocab

Alan

Irayo :D

You already are in a clan ma 'eylan  ;D  Learn Na'vi!  Just register on www.AvatarMeet.com and all will become clear.  There is a simple questionnaire to fill in with various details like, if you are joining the camping trip, looking of a room mate etc.

Alan

Alan

Oh well, it was worth a try.  :-\

Don't worry though as we intend to keep everyone who can't make it up to date with blogs and piccies along the way whilst we are there. :)

Alan

s'pose so... THere will be new meetups too, right? 2013 I mean. If not the world goes under, though... But I think that's bullcrap

Alan

Well I'm guessing so.  A lot will depend on how well this goes.  Hopefully it will be a great success.  It certainly won't be for the lack of effort!

And of course 2014 with be the premiere of Avatar 2 - so that really is going to need to be a must for every Avatar Fan, wherever it is!!! 8)

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

There has actually already been a thread opened here discussing the 2013 meet up. Las Vegas is the proposed location. This is an old thread tho, so you might not want to post there but you're welcome to read through it :)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Human No More

It's also a stickied thread - those generally do attract attention :P
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Alan

Yeah.  I guess when the Avatar Exhibition moves on from Seattle after September then we will need to find out where it will be the following year, and I'm guessing that's where the next meet up will be.  Might be Las Vagas.  Who knows... ;)

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Human No More on January 11, 2012, 05:33:30 PM

Eh? It's not stickied. It's just at the top because I was the last person to respond to it a few months ago.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Human No More

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on January 12, 2012, 05:57:01 PM
Quote from: Human No More on January 11, 2012, 05:33:30 PM

Eh? It's not stickied. It's just at the top because I was the last person to respond to it a few months ago.

-Txonä Rolyu
No; it's stickied. It has a pin icon and is highlighted in a darker colour :P
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Desteny

Alan

Irayo Destiny :)  Glad you liked it.

All is not lost if you can't make it as we are hoping to post images and stuff whilst we are there so those who can't make it can still be 'with us'.

Alan

hì'ia tuté

I wish I could go, but it depends on how much Student Loan money I have left at the end of the semester, and how much it costs to go (food, hotel, etc)...

Alan

Quote from: hì'i tuté on April 17, 2012, 03:17:26 PM
I wish I could go, but it depends on how much Student Loan money I have left at the end of the semester, and how much it costs to go (food, hotel, etc)...

Kaltxì hì'i tuté,

The info contained on the following web page on www.avatarmeet.com should help you quantify the cost of the meet up for you:

http://www.avatarmeet.com/?m=3&s=10

Hope that helps, but if you have any questions or queries, please don't hesitate to ask. :D

Alan

hì'ia tuté

on average, how much does it cost to eat in Seattle (breakfast/lunch/dinner) per day?

Edit: Also, does it cost to get into the exhibit and if so, how much?

Alan

Food costs per day?  Good question.  Well the hotel charges $8.75 for breakfast.  However you don't have to have breakfast there.  As for the other meals I guess there would be about the same as where you live.  I'm in the UK so price might be different.  But as a guess I would say $10 - $20 per meal.  Although others may have a better idea.

As regards the cost of visiting the museum you can check out this link:

http://www.empmuseum.org/visit/index.asp?categoryID=160

What we did last year at the June meet up was buddy up and get joint memberships to the meseum.  This worked out cheaper than buying separate tickets providing you visit the museum at least twice during you visit.  The link above should point you in the right direction.

Hope that helps :D

Alan

hì'ia tuté

:( it's looking to add up to more than I'll have, even if I cut back on eating out and even if I have a roommate for the hotel... unless I can convince my parents to pay for my airfare or rental car (my birthday is July 1st... might be able to convince them to pay for the rental car for a b-day gift...) but my parents are on a fixed income so I dunno if I'll be able to convince them.

Very Sad Only... I really was hoping I'd have enough loan money left over (there's only abt 3 weeks left of school... holy crap how did the time go by so fast!! ??? lol)

mikkowilson

There are a few people currently listed as looking for room-mates, so finding them shouldn't be hard. Splitting a room with a few people can really bring the hotel price down.

Costs to get to the EMP Museum shouldn't be too bad - we are currently working with the EMP Museum to get a group rate set up. Hopefully somewhere around $30. (Don't hold me to that, we are still working on it.)

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387