AvatarMeet 2012 - Dates Confirmed, and Online Registration Open

Started by Payoang, November 18, 2011, 11:35:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Payoang

The wait is over! Dates are now confirmed. They are July 19th-23rd 2012, with two pre-meetup camping events happening between July 15th and July 18th. We now have an event calendar on our website here.

Online Registration is Now Open. To register for the 2012 meetup simply go to AvatarMeet.com and create an account. Or click here. Registration allows you get benefits such as hotel discounts, news and updates and guaranteed spaces in events. It helps us to know the numbers and statistics to plan an awesome event for everyone.  :)  Registration is completely free and only takes a few minutes. Even if you aren't sure that you will be attending the meetup, it is highly recommended that you create an account, as you will have access to information and other important updates.

We have a hotel for our group. We have made arrangements with The Best Western Executive Inn. The hotel will be giving our group an excellent discount and will be providing rooms/space for some of our events. Instructions on how to make your reservation are on our website here.

We are now accepting donations. Several events need to be paid in advance. Please see more info here.

AvatarMeet.com has gone through a huge overhaul and there are many new pages to explore, as well as old ones that have been updated. There will be more updates to come, so check back often.

We have prepared a checklist of things to do to get ready for next year's meetup:

We look forward to seeing everyone in Seattle next year!

DJ Makto

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Ftiafpi

okrìsti

dA | nga tsun oehu pivlltxe fa skype: c4duser
awngeyä wìki sìltsan lu
txopu lu fya'o ne vawma pa'o – nawma karyu Yotxa

ExLibrisMortis

NICE!! Expect Avatar Nation to be there in full force. We have been offline for school and work lately but we've been cooking a few things up of our own for this meetup. Excellent to see it released. Txantsan!

DJ Makto

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on November 19, 2011, 12:05:50 AM
NICE!! Expect Avatar Nation to be there in full force. We have been offline for school and work lately but we've been cooking a few things up of our own for this meetup. Excellent to see it released. Txantsan!

Indeed echoing the words of my fellow castmember,Avatar Nation will be there.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

tewti nang Now, I just hope that this doesn't conflict with the Feline Conservation Federation convention.... (Won't know until January or February)

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

herhika

Human No More

"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Mildly Rabid

^And if only my parents could take me... ::) Younger fans such as myself will probably not have as much representation at the meetup. But there's always a possibility. Mom and Dad have always wanted to vacation on the West Coast.  :D

^Made by Jonas on www.naviblue.com

Robert Nantangä Tirea

(ducks in) ... time to buy more blue body paint.... (ducks out)

:P

How does a man choose between fresh and fly?

COSPLAY LIKE A BOSS!

NotW Celebrity #11!

CyanRachel

Outstanding! Awesome promo video!

I'm going to register for the Meetup ASAP.  :)
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

CyanRachel

Outstanding! Awesome promo video!  :D

I'm going to register for the Meetup ASAP.
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

Alan

Quote from: Mildly Rabid on November 19, 2011, 08:03:45 AM
^And if only my parents could take me... ::) Younger fans such as myself will probably not have as much representation at the meetup. But there's always a possibility. Mom and Dad have always wanted to vacation on the West Coast.  :D

Show them the promo video.  There will certainly be plenty for them to do in Seattle.

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea(ducks in) ... time to buy more blue body paint.... (ducks out)

Now how many gallons are we talking about here.  So far there are eight cosplayers....hehehehe  It's is going to look OUTSTANDING with all the Na'vi rolling through Seattle and there'll be no stopping them!

Alan

DJ Makto

Quote from: Alan on November 19, 2011, 11:08:21 AM

Quote from: Robert Nantangä Tirea(ducks in) ... time to buy more blue body paint.... (ducks out)

Now how many gallons are we talking about here.  So far there are eight cosplayers....hehehehe  It's is going to look OUTSTANDING with all the Na'vi rolling through Seattle and there'll be no stopping them!

Alan

On the topic of cosplaying, does a Parker Selfridge or other RDA cosplay count? :P

mikkowilson

Yup.

Though a word of caution: Many of our Na'vi carry Tsko swizaw.  ;D

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Alan

Quote from: DJ Makto on November 19, 2011, 11:46:02 AM
On the topic of cosplaying, does a Parker Selfridge or other RDA cosplay count? :P

Yeah, but taking the AMP suit out of the exhibit is not allowed  ;D ;D

If we have enough characters from the film, I could try a JC cosplay and buy another camera to do a bit of stereo filming!  Hehehehe

Alan

Maweyatan

To bad I can't get to Seattle, because I'm on the East Coast. :\