Big news: Karyu Pawl to teach Na’vi lessons at AvatarMeet 2012!

Started by mikkowilson, June 11, 2012, 12:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikkowilson

For those who may have missed the latest newsletter last week:

QuoteWe are very excited to announce that linguist Professor Paul Frommer, creator of the Na'vi language, will be joining us for AvatarMeet 2012! As part of the event, Paul will be co-teaching a series of Na'vi language workshops with Txonä Rolyu, Prrton, and 'Oma Tirea; open to all registered attendees who are interested in learning the Na'vi language from the masters themselves. The interactive workshops are designed as a beginner's introduction to the language, but are open to Na'vi speakers of all levels. No prior knowledge of Na'vi is necessary, but if you want to get a jump start on the language, check out the myriad of resources over at LearnNavi.org. To sign up to attend the Na'vi lesson, simply edit your AvatarMeet.com profile and answer "yes" to "Are you attending the Na'vi language class at Avatar Meet 2012?". You will show as signed up on the Roll Call list and you'll know you have your space reserved for this exciting opportunity! Space may be limited, so sign up today!

Signup & details of course over at AvatarMeet.com

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

wm.annis

mikkowilson

Unknown at this time. We'll look into it.

They are interactive though, so to get the most of them, you'll want to be there.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

wm.annis

Quote from: mikkowilson on June 11, 2012, 01:17:51 PMThey are interactive though, so to get the most of them, you'll want to be there.

Sure, but any Na'vi straight from Paul's mouth adds to our solid knowledge.

Palulukan Maktoyu

Quote from: wm.annis on June 11, 2012, 02:01:18 PM
Quote from: mikkowilson on June 11, 2012, 01:17:51 PMThey are interactive though, so to get the most of them, you'll want to be there.

Sure, but any Na'vi straight from Paul's mouth adds to our solid knowledge.

Amen, especially for those of us that are unfortunate enough to not be able to attend =(
Fkol syaw oeru Palulukan Maktoyu Ta'lengean

Twitter: https://twitter.com/navi_wotd

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

What would it take to record these?

I plan on doing still photography this year, like I did last year. But I have no preparations to do video at this time. But, that can be arranged.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Seze Mune

Quote from: wm.annis on June 11, 2012, 12:18:06 PM
Please tell me these sessions can be recorded somehow.

Oh, yes please!  That would be MOST awesome, ma eylan!  :-*

mikkowilson

Technically won't be a problem. Alan is our team video guru.

Just need to get the right clearances; shouldn't be a problem.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

DJ Makto

Quote from: mikkowilson on June 12, 2012, 09:58:12 PM
Technically won't be a problem. Alan is our team video guru.

Just need to get the right clearances; shouldn't be a problem.

- Mikko

Avatar Nation is in the process of getting press access at the EMP again so if we can get the clearance to record  (video and audio) we have the gear to get high quality recordings done.

mikkowilson

The Na'vi lessons will be a private event; so not sure you're press creds will help you unless we decide you're cool.  ;)

It's just something we need to ask Pawl and the other aykaryu.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

wm.annis

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: mikkowilson on June 13, 2012, 11:29:55 AM
The Na'vi lessons will be a private event; so not sure you're press creds will help you unless we decide you're cool.  ;)

DJ Makto is cool. Don't question the lion! ;)

I am trying to log into Avatarmeet without success (I've had an account there for a long time, username/password combos I would have likely used are not working), so I can sign up for the lessons. Did the outage change anything as far as accessing Avatarmeet go?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

mikkowilson

Email me directly ([email protected]) and I'll get your password reset tomorrow.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

DJ Makto

Quote from: mikkowilson on June 13, 2012, 11:29:55 AM
The Na'vi lessons will be a private event; so not sure you're press creds will help you unless we decide you're cool.  ;)

It's just something we need to ask Pawl and the other aykaryu.

- Mikko

Ah that is good to hear, I should note that Alan is a cast member on Avatar Nation and will be helping out with the recordings and I'm also helping with the video for his fan film project. Right now I have 2 HD cameras and a field recorder to pledge to the cause.

My goal is to help document the meetup very thoroughly for the folks who will not be able to join us in Seattle.  ;)

Seze Mune

Bless you, ma DJ Makto! Now, how do I say that nìNa'vi?  :D

Prrton

Seze Mune

Sran, as good as it gets for now.  We have swok for things which are sacred, but nothing for blessings. Yet!  ;)

Human No More

Sounds good... will it be at a level for us beginners though? :)
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Prrton

It is my understanding that "Yes." All of the content will be engineered for beginners.

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

That's good to know. I'm definitely going to need all the help I can get.  ;)
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!