Carpool: Colorado ---> Seattle

Started by AketuanNavi, December 01, 2011, 11:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AketuanNavi

I guess I'll add yet another carpool to the list here.  :)

Ok so here is the info:

Me and 'Oma Tirea both live 45 minutes apart in Colorado. We are planning on leaving on July 13th or 14th depending on the route. Raiden will be joining us in Oregon. We will be arriving in ONP for the backpacking AND camping July 15th. And we will be leaving Seattle on either Monday or Tuesday. (23rd, 24th)

Depending on what car/cars we use, we have room for one more, possibly 2 in our carpool.

Possible routes:

(note: also on maps, it will be a straight shot from Portland to ONP)

Of course other routes can be done...(The first option is best from a time/miles standpoint.)

Anyone who need a ride or wants to join, post here.  :)   Irayo!

guest2859

Quote from: AketuanNavi on December 01, 2011, 11:40:08 PM
I guess I'll add yet another carpool to the list here.  :)

Ok so here is the info:

Me and 'Oma Tirea both live 45 minutes apart in Colorado. We are planning on leaving on July 13th or 14th depending on the route. Raiden will be joining us in Oregon. We will be arriving in ONP for the backpacking AND camping July 15th. And we will be leaving Seattle on either Monday or Tuesday. (23rd, 24th)

Depending on what car/cars we use, we have room for one more, possibly 2 in our carpool.

Of course other routes can be done...(The first option is best from a time/miles standpoint.)

Anyone who need a ride or wants to join, post here.  :)   Irayo!

Ah, yes. I remember back when I had a job, I'd try traveling up that way (your starting point happened to be a midpoint). If I manage to get a job this month (I'm on my knees digging up applications out of every crack in this city's sidewalks), I'll be putting back. 1, to pay back a friend. 2, just to have money. I know it took 5 months to get $1k, and I know working full time, I can do a LOT more in 7 months, projected. So, I'll still be job-looking, then I'll see if I can actually go like I originally intended. (If my friend still is interested also, we could set up a multi-car pool through either path you specified)

AketuanNavi

I hope things work out and you get a job.  :)

Quote from: Nantang 'Rrtayä on December 02, 2011, 09:45:44 PM(If my friend still is interested also, we could set up a multi-car pool through either path you specified)

That would be awesome! More capacity, more people, more fun.   :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Route #2 literally passes right by my house!

If I am able to go (won't know until January or February), it would be wonderful to join you two on this journey. I can also provide a place where you can camp for the night if that is something that would help-- and I'll let you visit the 'falulukan' and other animals as well. If there are enough people to warrant it, I can also supply another vehicle.

Your route as drawn is part of the 'scenic' route into Portland. . There is another variation of this same route that will take you all the way up the back side of the Cascades into Portland. I also know a good place to stay there, if needed.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

UPDATE: I have learned that the dates for Avatarmeet do not conflict with the FCF convention, so I am free to start planning for Avatarmeet. I am hoping to have some sort of a plan in the next month or so. One of those being seriously considered is taking the train to Seattle. Right now, train rates are much lower than air rates, you can take more stuff, and you have plenty of time to relax, spend time with traveling companions, watch the scenery, etc.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]