Driving from Phoenix to Seattle via Las Vegas (details inside)

Started by ExLibrisMortis, November 21, 2011, 12:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExLibrisMortis

This is very early in the planning process. Mind you, all whom are interested, that the details are still being worked out.

I drive a Kia Sorento, 2004. I want to drive up to Seattle for the meetup. I wish to drive because of the ability to have a car there for mobility and carriage space, freedom around the area, and also cheaper than flying. To reduce costs I am looking for people whom are interested in coming along at a fair share of gas expenses that it'll take to get to and from Seattle.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I plan to head through Vegas to pick someone up there. From Vegas, we plan to head the most direct route to Seattle.

My car can comfortably fit 4-5 people. I currently have about 3 of those seats taken.

Thus, there's the opportunity. If you wish to tag along, post up here your location. I'll plan accordingly and let ya'll know what we decide to go with.

Also, this can lead to sharing a hotel room too. 

DJ Makto

I am definitely interested, but I think Exlib has me marked down as one of the 3 people already. Come on and join us in what could be a fun drive.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

If I am able to go, this could work out quite well. If you take Hwy 95 north out of 'Vegas, your next major stop is Reno. From there, there is a shortcut over to I-5, and then on to Seattle. There is also a more scenic route going that way that takes you up the back side of the Cascades into Portland.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Txur’Itan

I am driving up myself.

I suspect that I would be taking the I-5 north as I have done for the last two events.

As I live on the west coast, I will be driving east from the bay to make my way there.
私は太った男だ。

Niri Te

If you still can fit two people, one five feet one, (Tee), and one Six foot one, (me), we could take the Greyhound from El Paso to Phoenix, (we used to live there), hook up with you, and then head up to Seattle together. Just let me know if there is space, we are willing to help split fuel lodging, and food if that is what everyone decides on, but once in Seattle we would want our own room together. We would then pool up with you folks for the trip back to Phoenix.
NiriTe
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

I am a prolemuris. A LOTsmaller than a Na'vi! :D
Tee aka ATEYO

ExLibrisMortis

Interesting indeed. Well let me see what's up and I'll get back to everyone here.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on December 28, 2011, 12:19:08 AM
Tee aka ATEYO

DANG!! I'm a palulukan, and that would make things a bit crowded  :P

Yawey ngahu!

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on December 28, 2011, 02:05:51 AM
Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on December 28, 2011, 12:19:08 AM
Tee aka ATEYO

DANG!! I'm a palulukan, and that would make things a bit crowded  :P

...AND DANGEROUS!  Peace bond those fangs!

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Syaksyuk... the original 'quick snack' for falulukan on the go!  ;)

Seriously, perhaps some way can be be worked out so your party can meet up with 'Oma Tirea's party coming from Colorado in our near Reno, and well all travel together. An alternative meeting place might be Sacramento, but both of these routes can easily cross in Reno.

Yawey ngahu!

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

NANG! KEHE! Oe ngahu kakuk fa apxa fkaen.
YIKES! NO! I strike you with large fruit!

I will surely research Greyhound (Nantang?) prices to Reno.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

UPDATE: The conflict with attending Avatarmeet (The Feline Conservation COnvention) officially does not exist, and I can start planning for Seattle. I am posting this in a couple of places so that others planning on itineraries can be up to date.

One possibility I am looking at, especially because the rates are favorable right now, is taking the train to/from Seattle. If others are interested in traveling as a group, Reno and nearby Sacramento are both good 'starting points'.

Yawey ngahu!

ExLibrisMortis

Niri Te

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on January 16, 2012, 11:56:02 PM
Any word on greyhounding it to Reno?

Are you talking to Ateo Te Syaksyuk and Niri Te, or someone else?

Niri Te

We could do that, IF there was something planned on what would happen between Reno and Seattle. We have not gotten our tickets yet, we can do that as late as march, and still get the discounts. Let us know what the plans are, and then we will know. If we commit, then we can take it to the Bank, that is the way that we will do it. Let us know.
Niri Te

ExLibrisMortis

Ladies and gentlemen, consider it set in stone that I will be driving to Seattle via Las Vegas then Reno. I'm still confirming the dates but like I said before I have 2-3 seats open. I can fit 2 people comfortably, a third if we turn the back bench into a 3 seater.

As of now there is me and at least one other confirmed to be going with me.

Plans to be decided on as follows:
If my wife is coming or not.
Thfe date I am departing.
If I can get a bigger car.

I know for a fact I am going to be there for the meetup days, idk if I'm going to the camp out though.

Also, lodging is still being determined.

Niri Te

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on January 22, 2012, 12:58:19 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, consider it set in stone that I will be driving to Seattle via Las Vegas then Reno. I'm still confirming the dates but like I said before I have 2-3 seats open. I can fit 2 people comfortably, a third if we turn the back bench into a 3 seater.

As of now there is me and at least one other confirmed to be going with me.

Plans to be decided on as follows:
If my wife is coming or not.
Thfe date I am departing.
If I can get a bigger car.

I know for a fact I am going to be there for the meetup days, idk if I'm going to the camp out though.

Also, lodging is still being determined.

Tee, (Ateyo Te Syaksyuk) would love to help with the expenses if we could hookup with you guys in Phoenix. Let us know please, as soon as you know. That way, if you can't do it that way, we can get a Greyhound from ElPaso to Seattle via Spokane early enough to get the discounts.
Niri Te

ExLibrisMortis

If coming to Phoenix is cheaper for you then I would be glad to have you ride along. Like I said we will be stopping in LAs Vegas to pick up DJ Makto, and then Reno to link up with te caravan.

Niri Te

That would be a LOT cheaper for us. Just keep us appraised of when we need to be there.
IRAYO.
Niri Te