Lose Weight With Us For AvatarMeet 2012

Started by Sarah Noel, April 24, 2012, 10:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The great thing with a low-carb diet is that when you are near zero carbs, you can eat the fats that naturally come 'packaged' with protein foods, in the proportion that they were put there by the animal. Eat until you are full, but don't stuff yourself. For me, this is about a pound of sausage in the morning (a natural sausage with natural casing, and no MSG/preservatives/fillers, etc.), and a whole chicken at night (baked, with a BBQ rub). Almost any other meat can be substituted for either meal. (You have to really like meat a lot to do this diet.) The only weakness for me is fiber, for which I take a supplement. I find most high fiber vegetables almost unpalatable. Most people consider meat to be an expensive food, and it is. But by using a warehouse foods store near me (with the wonderful baked chicken mentioned earlier), the cost is not much different from a normal, varied diet, and certainly less than 'eating out'.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Txura Rolyu

I subsituted fried chicken breast in my sandwich and the chipotle mayo out for a grilled marinated chicken breast. Tastes just as good if not better.  :D

Gonna try not to snack all day until it is time for dinner.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Niri Te

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on April 25, 2012, 04:09:37 PM
I subsituted fried chicken breast in my sandwich and the chipotle mayo out for a grilled marinated chicken breast. Tastes just as good if not better.  :D

Gonna try not to snack all day until it is time for dinner.

That sounds GREAT! The only thing that I would try next time, is get some Chipotle Peppers, slice them into strips. In the morning,take the Grilled chicken breast, skinless, so you can get rid of the Sub Cutaneous fat, (get yourself a Rapala fillet knife at any Wallmart sporting goods section), and slice the Chicken breast almost in half, leaving one of the two long sides still attached. Put the Chipotles and some grilled onion slices in the "pocket" of the chicken. and place that on an uncooked flour Tortilla as a "wrap". I'm getting hungry just describing it to you.
If you DO try it, please tell me what you think of it.
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Seze Mune

Txura Rolyu

I would do that if I had a kitchen and kitchen ware. I am in college so I can only get foods from the cafeteria. It sucks that I am limited but I will do what I can.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Sarah Noel

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on April 26, 2012, 01:19:13 AM
I would do that if I had a kitchen and kitchen ware. I am in college so I can only get foods from the cafeteria. It sucks that I am limited but I will do what I can.

Good job on the substitutions! Mayo is a killer, I LOVE LOVE LOVE mayo, but 1 spoonful is 100kcal, which is a lot for something so small. Most college cafeterias have a salad bar, or at least a fast food join that offers salad. I'm sort of burned out on salad from my last diet, but I'm going to try and replace 1 of my meals with one everyday, or maybe every other day when I start getting burned out on it again, to get my vegetables in and reduce calories. Be sure to watch the dressing, full fat ranch is hardy better than mayo, italian or vinaigrette are good options. I really do get full on them though, a HUGE dressingless spinach salad, so basically 3 cups of spinach with some other veggies thrown on, doesn't even top 200.

DJ Makto

Since I have not seen this suggested here, try cutting gluten and wheat products from your diet. So no bread, pasta, etc. I know a few people who have lost quite a bit of weight eating a gluten free diet. I myself have to consume a gluten free diet due to gluten intolerance, and I find it quite difficult to put on weight, (currently 136 lbs with a 6' height).

Niri Te

You can LOSE the Gluten, and HAVE the Pasta TOO !! Replace the WHEAT Pasta with RICE pasta. An added bonus, is that the Rice pasta cooks FASTER, cutting your utility bills. WATCH THE SOY SAUCE, most soy sauce HAS GLUTEN IN IT. (READ the labels). There ARE GLUTEN FREE soy sauces out there, they taste the same, and will have GLUTEN FREE on their labels.
Brie

Sarah Noel

People will swear by low carb diets, but I can never get them to work right. I love flour based products too much. Calorie counting is the only thing I can ever make work right. I just had half a cup of fruity cheerios (fruit loops basically) for 70 calories as a sweet treat, they lasted a long time since I ate them one by one, and less than the calories of a single chocolate chip cookie.

mikkowilson

Now I want a chocolate chip cookie.

I'm not sure this is going to work. :P

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

DJ MAKTO!  You sound like you are built like a Na'vi!

Some people's digestive systems are better inclined towards digesting proteins, and some are better at digesting carbs. They say it is linked to your blood type.  But yeah, I enjoy breads too much and pastas store well out here in the desert.

Niri Te

Tonight's menu is one 14 ounce Porterhouse steak for each of us, with ALL the fat trimmed of, and grilled over a wood, (not charcoal) fire. Nothing else, just 14 ounces of meat. an occasional "mono diet" is a good way to keep the body from getting used to what you are feeding it, and attempting to thwart your weight loss efforts, kind of like "Muscle confusion" in your workout program.
Niri Te

Seze Mune

Spinach salad with strawberry and apple slices, chopped grilled chicken and a light sprinkling of bacon crumbs, with thin slices of red burmuda onion and a light balsamic vinaigrette. Water to drink.   :D

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Sarah Noel on April 26, 2012, 01:52:08 PM
People will swear by low carb diets, but I can never get them to work right. I love flour based products too much. Calorie counting is the only thing I can ever make work right. I just had half a cup of fruity cheerios (fruit loops basically) for 70 calories as a sweet treat, they lasted a long time since I ate them one by one, and less than the calories of a single chocolate chip cookie.

There is a whole continuum of body types, from the strong 'protein types' to the strong 'carb types'. Protein types (of which I am strongly biased towards) do best with a diet that contains lots of red meat, organ meats and little complex carbs. Carbohydrate types, OTOH, do best with light proteins-- eggs, fish and chicken, in moderate quantities. they needs lots of quality complex carbs. Lucky are the people in between-- they can eat all these foods in balance and moderation. Everybody benefits from avoiding simple carbs (sugars, etc.) and alcohol. I personally don't think blood type has much to do with it. I am (I believe) type A, a 'classic vegetarian blood type', and am anything but vegetarian.

Carbs are a weakness for me as well, as I like them. I think all people do. And depending on the carb, they really pack the weight on for me. Rice is my carb of choice, and I gain weight quickly when I eat it. Popcorn with butter is another weakness of mine that really packs on the pounds. It represents almost the worst possible combination of foods-- carbs plus fat. DJ, this is why you may have trouble gaining weight on a gluten-free diet. Gluten is a protein associated with carbohydrate. And in avoiding gluten, you are avoiding carbohydrate. If you like rice, you might want to try eating more of it, as suggested by Niri Te. Although I like butter on rice, I have come to prefer it without butter, and with just salt and pepper for seasoning.

My dinner this evening was the equivalent of a whole chicken, baked with a BBQ dry rub. (2x of the usual four pieces), with a diet soft drink to drink.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Niri Te

I season my rice with gluten free Soy, Hot Chinese Mustard, and Wasabi, if I'm in the mood. My veggies of choice with Rice are Bok Choi, and whole Snow Peas. Protein of choice is Chicken, or, if I am eating Sushi, Ahi.
NiriTe

Ikxeru

Quote from: Niri Te on April 26, 2012, 05:20:03 PM
Tonight's menu is one 14 ounce Porterhouse steak for each of us, with ALL the fat trimmed of, and grilled over a wood, (not charcoal) fire. Nothing else, just 14 ounces of meat. an occasional "mono diet" is a good way to keep the body from getting used to what you are feeding it, and attempting to thwart your weight loss efforts, kind of like "Muscle confusion" in your workout program.
Niri Te

My mouth is watering now!!!  :)

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on April 27, 2012, 01:39:06 AM
Carbs are a weakness for me as well, as I like them. I think all people do. And depending on the carb, they really pack the weight on for me.

This takes effect for me as well. I learned to be heavily addicted to simple sugars and the only thing to fight againts that is to avoid all types of simple sugar. (The food industry does everything to keep the people addicted and to flog their glucose-/fructose syrups or granulated sugar: Both forms are products that do not appear in nature in the concentrated form: Keep that in mind.)
For me it takes one or two weeks to get rid of the feeling for the need of sugar, but even one excessive intake (e.g. a cookie orgy ;)) and I am fully qualified addict again.

After an intake of sugar, the insulin level shoots up and the metabolism screams for more and more sugar.
That's the moment when the sugar that is execessively taken in is converted into fat.
The thing is to break that cycle, which maybe is hard, if you don't know what your body tells you when it wants to keep the insulin level high, but keep your aim to get rid of sugar in mind and it should be easier.

Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Niri Te

Ateyo just weighed herself five minutes ago when we got up, and in the week that she has been slimming to be blue, she has lost four pounds. I don't mess with scales, as I have a tendency to add muscle weight when I work out, I just go by how I look naked in a full length mirror, and how my clothes fit. The new cargo shorts that were slightly snug last week, I can slip right off me without unbuttoning them now, time to get new pair on the first, when I will probably be even one more size smaller around the waist.
In order to have this kind of results, Tee and I eat two meals a day, drink Coffee by the gallon, cut out Gluten, severely reduce carbs (for Ateyo), and almost cut them to zero for me, and both of us jack our protein intake through the ceiling. In addition to that we both work out two to three hours a day together.
Niri Te

Ikxeru

Quote from: Niri Te on April 27, 2012, 12:13:35 PM
drink Coffee by the gallon,

I thoght I was the only one who is a caffeine addict :D :D :D  I drink at least 3/4 of a gallon per day.

Well, I guess I have to musle up as well now... No excuses are accepted any longer ;)
And, ma Eywa, I have to do something against deep skin folds that look like an aerial image of a mountainous region...
Maybe you have an idea, what I can do?

For a proof of progress I include 2 pics as well, the first one was taken during EuroAvatar mid August 2011, the second one was taken 3 weeks ago. To be honest I don't like to be photographed in RL, but I know there is a somewhat official old photo existing, which was taken before I started to get rid of the fat. Maybe I can get my hands on it. If I can, I will post it later, just to show real "before" and "after" pics.

Between these 2 pics the difference caused by loosing around 35 kgs (77 lbs) can be seen...

Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Niri Te

You must have been doing some serious work, I see the outside of your right thigh is actually sculpted, congratulations!!
Niri Te