Lose Weight With Us For AvatarMeet 2012

Started by Sarah Noel, April 24, 2012, 10:56:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Ma Tsmuke Ikxeru!
In zero G it's hardly noticable!
Spot exercise will tighten up the ligaments a wee bit, but skin is skin.
Try turning exercise that imitates shoveling.
You WILL NOT lose fat from specific areas
but perhaps tighten muscle groups and ligamnets that will retract the skin a bit.
If the txa'leng has been stretched too much, it will not regain resiliance.
It will need surgical solutions
tìomummì oeyä

Niri Te

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on April 27, 2012, 06:54:59 PM
Ma Tsmuke Ikxeru!
In zero G it's hardly noticable!
Spot exercise will tighten up the ligaments a wee bit, but skin is skin.
Try turning exercise that imitates shoveling.
You WILL NOT lose fat from specific areas
but perhaps tighten muscle groups and ligamnets that will retract the skin a bit.
If the txa'leng has been stretched too much, it will not regain resiliance.
It will need surgical solutions
tìomummì oeyä

If you want to get rid of the fat in certain areas and be SURE that it is GONE the only thing that is SURE TO WORK is Liposuction, there is a newer version of it that works even better than the original, called Tumecent Liposuction.
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Ikxeru

Quote from: Niri Te on April 27, 2012, 06:59:52 PM
If you want to get rid of the fat in certain areas and be SURE that it is GONE the only thing that is SURE TO WORK is Liposuction, there is a newer version of it that works even better than the original, called Tumecent Liposuction.
Niri Te
Meh, ... that is a drastic solution. And I have to mention: an expensive as well. I guess anywhere around $5000-$10000...
But some kind of skin tightening is unavoidable, anyway - let's face it: I abused my body and I have to pay for it.

My plan is as follows: First I'll muscle up now and have a look what will happen to the overall shape.
This could take another year or even longer. Then I'll decide if plastic surgery is an option / still needed. (which I am convinced ot that it has to be, at least in the abdominal region).

This goes far beyond just beeing in shape for a few days showing our real skin color.
Indeed this is a project that will last for the rest of my life. ;)
Compute for a greater good! Join LN's folding@home-team!

Krro tsayun oe 'ivefu nìftxavang nìmun.
Krro oeri txe'lan tìsraw ke sasyi nulkrr ulte tsun oe rivun tìme'emit nìmun.
Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro a lu pxiye'rìn, pxiswaway, pxiset, set.
Krro lu krrpe? Ke omum nìno, tì'eyngmungwrr a'aw a lu oer.
Krro layu...

Sarah Noel

I lost 5lbs in the first week, without a lick of cardio, all through diet. I really should start exercising though, because it's good for me and all that.

Niri Te

Quote from: Sarah Noel on April 30, 2012, 11:55:07 AM
I lost 5lbs in the first week, without a lick of cardio, all through diet. I really should start exercising though, because it's good for me and all that.

Just remember, ma Sarah Noel, an ounce of muscle at rest burns far more calories than an ounce of fat WORKING. If you build more muscle through exercise, and a slightly increased protein intake for the raw materials to build new muscle cells.
Niri Te

Seze Mune

Quote from: Niri Te on April 30, 2012, 12:36:43 PM
Quote from: Sarah Noel on April 30, 2012, 11:55:07 AM

Just remember, ma Sarah Noel, an ounce of muscle at rest burns far more calories than an ounce of fat WORKING. If you build more muscle through exercise, and a slightly increased protein intake for the raw materials to build new muscle cells.
Niri Te

Not to mention the shape it gives one...muscle definition, and a feeling of strength as well.

Txura Rolyu

I am sticking to eating almost all unprocessed things. Today have chicken breasts (2) and lettuce, tomato, and onion with a dab of mayo for flavor. Washed it down with a diet pepsi because that is the only drink that they have in diet and I have been drinking water in my room all day.

For dinner I had some roast beef with baked veggies and aus jus. Went back for two chicken tacos with rice and beans. Another Diet Pepsi. Tasted good and hopefully in the next month things will start looking thinner.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Tsmuktengan

This is my personal training way to both loose burn some extra weight stock, as this is a recurrent issue I have. And it really starts to pay.

I go twice to three times per week to the sportsroom (as this is practical for me), and set myself a record of what I can work. The principle is the following : being increasingly capable of doing long series of most exercises. For example, I must work to be better at carrying myself with my arms vertically with 35kg that push me up, and repeat the movement 35 times (repeating this for the different positions available on the machine that can work out different muscles). Then, after a little rest, do the same but with 30kg pushing me up and repeating between 10 and 15 times, 15 times being the better.

Along with this I try to do many other exercises, including working all the abdominals, doing as much repetitions as I can bare before I just cannot contract them anymore. It hurts, yet is very rewarding because you feel you have been working hard and that it will show up after some time.

This way of working has two great points : you create muscular tissue that makes you more tough, and if you happen to stop exercise for a long time, this kind of muscle won't be transformed into fat again, you will just loose it and keep a good muscular memory, making it easier to create it again if you need it. The other points is that this kind of exercise do greatly help to shape one's body and burn more easily more calories everyday, logically. It is also great mentally to evacuate stress and bad energy.

But men and women don't seem to have to work the same muscles and parts of the body (women don't necessarily want to have big arms, do they? :P). But I would say the way of working with long series could be the same.

Niri Te

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on May 01, 2012, 12:41:08 AM
I am sticking to eating almost all unprocessed things. Today have chicken breasts (2) and lettuce, tomato, and onion with a dab of mayo for flavor. Washed it down with a diet pepsi because that is the only drink that they have in diet and I have been drinking water in my room all day.

For dinner I had some roast beef with baked veggies and aus jus. Went back for two chicken tacos with rice and beans. Another Diet Pepsi. Tasted good and hopefully in the next month things will start looking thinner.

I wish you the very best in the way of Success Ma Txura. By the way, I LOVE the shot of Norm opening up with the COAX on the RDA, it's a GREAT choice for an avatar.
Niri Te

Niri Te

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on May 01, 2012, 01:41:31 AM
This is my personal training way to both loose burn some extra weight stock, as this is a recurrent issue I have. And it really starts to pay.

I go twice to three times per week to the sportsroom (as this is practical for me), and set myself a record of what I can work. The principle is the following : being increasingly capable of doing long series of most exercises. For example, I must work to be better at carrying myself with my arms vertically with 35kg that push me up, and repeat the movement 35 times (repeating this for the different positions available on the machine that can work out different muscles). Then, after a little rest, do the same but with 30kg pushing me up and repeating between 10 and 15 times, 15 times being the better.

Along with this I try to do many other exercises, including working all the abdominals, doing as much repetitions as I can bare before I just cannot contract them anymore. It hurts, yet is very rewarding because you feel you have been working hard and that it will show up after some time.

This way of working has two great points : you create muscular tissue that makes you more tough, and if you happen to stop exercise for a long time, this kind of muscle won't be transformed into fat again, you will just loose it and keep a good muscular memory, making it easier to create it again if you need it. The other points is that this kind of exercise do greatly help to shape one's body and burn more easily more calories everyday, logically. It is also great mentally to evacuate stress and bad energy.

But men and women don't seem to have to work the same muscles and parts of the body (women don't necessarily want to have big arms, do they? :P). But I would say the way of working with long series could be the same.

Ma Tsmuktengan,
  I think what you are saying, is that you are working each muscle group to "failure", (where the group CAN NOT do another rep), correct?
  Have you tried something called "Muscle Confusion"? It would be a good way to ratchet your results up even higher.
  As far as women are concerned, unless we have a ton of Testosterone floating around our bodies, we will not wind up with muscles that look like they belong on "Mr. America".
  The best thing for women if they want extreme results without bulking up, is to do twice the reps, with half the weight that they would normally do.
Niri Te

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

IRAYO MA TSMUKTENGAN!  
May I point out that a woman, unless she has an inordinate amount of testosterone in her system, will NOT develop huge muscles. Like Niri Te says, many reps with lighter weights. A woman with toned arms is truly sexy! Like Trudy Chacon, or the stunt double for Neytiri, or *ahem* Ma oeyä Niri Te.  :D

Tsmuktengan

QuoteI think what you are saying, is that you are working each muscle group to "failure", (where the group CAN NOT do another rep), correct?

I do not work my muscles "to failure". I do my series with the weights adapted to me in such a way that, arrived to the last contractions of the one(s) I work out, it becomes difficult, but not unfeasible.

If at the last muscle contractions, it is still easy, it is time to make the exercise one weight harder. It is not about working out to death, certainly not. I do not have the mentality for this yet I admit. Yet, this is one of the few ways to sculpt and train muscles both progressively and rapidly enough to see the first efforts appearing in no later than a month or two, maximum. I do not know about muscles confusion, but I am not sure this is essential to me at this point. ;)

There is a particular exercise that I now delay to another period that is running : running on long periods allow yourself to "dry" your muscles and loose fat and make the skin stick firmly to the muscles. I do not really know how to deal with the so-called "drying period" that consists of continuing to workout but also to consequently loose fat.

By having such exercises, both working out and drying, you won't necessarily have big muscles (this is not the point). You will have _firm_ muscles and low fat, that will make you look sculpted and also feel better.

Considering my diet, I do not torture myself with this. I try to not eat both too much, and not eat too much fat or greasy food. I try to eat both meat, bread, tomatoes, salad, rice, salmon, tuna, beef, pasta, cheese, and fruits. I drink a lot of fruit drinks (juices with orange strawberry, apple, raspberry, etc... sometime cranberry as well). I think as long as you don't torture yourself with a severe diet (that can discourage you) and as long as you eat very diverse and balanced food, it shouldn't be an issue. I sometimes don't have the choice and need to do with basic sandwiches or kebab at my study place so... and I am loosing fat progressively while my arms get better!

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on May 01, 2012, 07:45:30 AM
May I point out that a woman, unless she has an inordinate amount of testosterone in her system, will NOT develop huge muscles. Like Niri Te says, many reps with lighter weights. A woman with toned arms is truly sexy! Like Trudy Chacon, or the stunt double for Neytiri, or *ahem* Ma oeyä Niri Te.  :D

Probably, honestly I do not know. When I think about female body building, I ask myself the question.  ;D

I think the point is not to get extreme results. You just won't get there. It is just about optimizing your body (sounds like using IT computing vocab here). And all this is of course my personal point of view. I am coached by a friend and love to do this three times per week (Mon, Wed and Fry), feeling I get progressively more resistant, not yet stronger, but it is coming, and that my arms and torso shape well. After this, we end up with Sauna, Hamam and Jacuzzi/swimming to relax with the friends. It is also better when exercising with friends.  :)

Sadly I am still very far to look like a truly athletic being. I mean, I am not fat at all, but.... uuuuugh! I'll go to the sportsroom tomorow again anyway.  ;D

I hope this can help you as this does help me. If you work out even twice a week, your efforts will still pay.

Ikxeru

Quote from: Tsmuktengan on May 01, 2012, 03:10:34 PM
Sadly I am still very far to look like a truly athletic being. I mean, I am not fat at all, but.... uuuuugh!
Well, *ä-hem*: can't be worse than me. :D

QuoteI think the point is not to get extreme results. You just won't get there. It is just about optimizing your body (sounds like using IT computing vocab here).
I second this. Take yourself time to let it all happen. Don't crash diet, don't enforce to muscle up, as it probably won't last.
(Don't get me wrong: You'll have to push it into the direction, you want, but don't try to overpush it.)
I have lost so many lbs of fat that quick. For me, there was no reason to slow it down, as I felt very well.
Your body will decide, what will happen. You just have to decide to let it happen, by your habits.

As I said, you have to introduce habits that are new to yourself. It won't be easy, not to fall back to the "good old" state of yourself's habits you are used to from the onset. Set yourself aims that are easily reachable and proceed step-by-step and anything can happen.

What is also impotant, to my mind, is that you probably have to learn to listen to your body again: I guess most of us eat a meal, because a clock tells that it's time for a meal. Listen to yourself: Are you really feeling hungry or is it just a part of your daily routine to eat at that particular moment?

Talking about feeling hungry: That's when the blood sugar level is involved much: If you feel hungry and eat a lot of simple sugars, this level shoots up and when it falls down afterwards this effect causes something what I would call "false" hunger. Try to avoid simple sugars and your body will tell you the real moment when it's time for a meal. Eat only, when you feel hungry.

Another bad habit is to eat too much too fast. You can eat a mountain of meat, as long as you stop, if you feel full. Don't eat more as you probably would, but anyhow do, just beacuse there is still something left on the plate. That's really hard to learn to keep in mind.

Meh, Did I say I want to muscle up now and do some cardio-fitness? My plans are thrown back nìkeftxo due to a acute peroneal paralysis of my right leg at the moment. First I'll have to do some physiotherapy now hoping that this paralysis won't last very long (or stay forever, as it could happen to a small fraction of a percent of all cases). Don't panic, please, I can walk, but it at the moment I use kinda "secondary movement pattern" as I call it :D   -   meds call it "equine gait"... Slä, pxasìk, kefyak?

Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro layu...

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Stopped at Motel Six after shopping.The sky was deep blue, the weather was 96 degrees. So we bought new swim wear and went for a dip. I did ten laps in a 35 ft pool~ 700 feet non-stop! THANK YOU DRILL SARGENT!We walked a mile before our dip.
I feel good! We had the pool to ourselves. I don't know how many calories I burned, but I sure did enjoy myself! AND we walked another two miles after our dip~
To top off the evening, we can watch our favorite movie, AVATAR.

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Ma Ikxeru!  Oel sivilpey ngeyä kinam efu' niltsan ye'rìn.
Txokefya ayoe zene syawru PA'LI!

Ma Ikxeru! I hope that your leg feels better soon.
Otherwise, we will have to call yo Pa'li!

Txur sì Seykxel, Ma Oeyä 'Eylan!

:D Ta ATEYO

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on May 02, 2012, 02:08:11 AM

Ma Ikxeru! I hope that your leg feels better soon.
Otherwise, we will have to call yo Pa'li!

Txur sì Seykxel, Ma Oeyä 'Eylan!

:D Ta ATEYO

Ma Ikxeru!  Oel sivilpey tsnì ngeyä kinam efu' niltsan ye'rìn.
Txokefya ayoe zene syivawru ngaru PA'LI!

Oe kop!

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Ikxeru

Irayo nìtxan.

Well, in the meantime my paralysis has become better and I can walk quite normal. although kinda strange...
I've had another electromyogram last week and it looks quite good that whithin half a year it will restore to as it used to be.

Anyway, back to topic I have posted new pics (of a final paint test) here. Until today I have lost 53 kgs (117 lbs), still going on... :)

Krro fra'u lasyatem.
Krro layu...

Tsmuktengan

WOW!  :o

You have done so much progress, more than I did up to now (hard to do exercise when working on computers intensively). I am happy for you that you are also getting better.

ToktorGrace

I'm very (very) late to the game here, but I know for 100% sure now i'll be there. Hopefully I can find a way around my latex allergy to let me wear my prosthetic too :D

Im starting at an okay weight, but I want to look a little more Na'vi-esque so I'm going to try the low-calorie approach (being someone who is applying to medical school next year, this is the method that seems to be the most healthy overall)

Look forward to meeting you all :)
Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary to what we know about nature.  - St. Augustine

I speak Na'vi with a French accent...

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I have been steadily losing weight since last November, when I estimated I weighed 330 pounds.

Today was the first time I weighed myself in a long time. I do not like weighing myself because I am afraid of what I might find. And I had good reason to be afraid. i estimated my weight to be around 295, and instead it was 305. But now that I have weighed myself, I know I should weigh myself routinely.

The negative side: things are working, but not well enough.
The positive side: I have not been able to follow my low carb diet since June 1st, due to extensive travel and other special events. I have not gained as much weight as I thought I would gain (and I never imagined that this 'break' would go on for nearly a month). As of yesterday though, I have started to transition back on to the diet. So my new goal is 'under 300' before the Tsawlultxa. I believe this is achievable.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]