Meetup 2013?

Started by Blue Elf, September 09, 2012, 02:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Elf

Are there plans for 2013 meetup? Where it take place?
Why I'm asking: there's no chance I can attend, but I found idea how to be there virtually and send my greetings to all. It requires only to send something to the place of meeting. As delivery method in not guaranteed and speed is unpredictable I need to send it as soon as possible. All things are nearly prepared, just need to known correct destination.
So - there are such plans and what place was selected?
Thanks
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Some locations have been discussed but there is certainly nothing finalized this early in the game. We probably won't have a location finalized until early 2013.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Human No More

It might depend on where the Avatar exhibition is going anyway :P
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Is it known where the avatar exhibition is going?

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

They said something about Canada at AM2012. I don't think we're going to follow it tho. But like I said, nothing has been finalized.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

DJ Makto

Quote from: Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on September 09, 2012, 10:25:43 PM
They said something about Canada at AM2012. I don't think we're going to follow it tho. But like I said, nothing has been finalized.

-Txonä Rolyu

The next location of the exhibition will be in THEMUSEUM in Kitchener, Ontario from October 11, 2012 thru January 15, 2013. Then the exhibition moves to the Liberty Science Center in Jersey City, NJ from Februrary 16, 2013 to May 19, 2013. The rest of the dates are still TBA.

Blue Elf

Ok, then I use very generic address - Northern America, USA. It is sufficient for now.
Thanks for the info

Niri Te

It's a safe bet it won't go to Flagstaff, Arizona, which is cool, green, mountainous, and an open carry for guns State, so walking around with Stone Age weapons, is no big deal.  While it is not in the geographic center of the Country, ( I doubt SERIOUSLY that "naked people painted blue" would go over well in Iowa), it IS closer to it than Seattle.  Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

Alan

Here's a link for your 'favorites' if you want to keep tabs on where the exhibition is going...or maybe want to hire it!!!

http://www.empsfm.org/programs-plus-education/programs/traveling-exhibits/traveling/avatar-the-exhibition.aspx

Do you think we could raise $125,000+ for it?  Hmmm...Don't suppose you have some unobtainium at all?  :-\ ... ;D

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

We have a venue here in Reno that takes exhibits like this, but I bet they won't come here, either (hot, dusty, not green (except for a few weeks in springtime), but you can open carry....).

Yawey ngahu!

mikkowilson

Following the exhibit is definitely one option that we are researching.

We're currently looking through the surveys and doing some other research as we pull the planning crew back together and prepare to get some serious work under way for the next AvatarMeet.

That said, we're totally open to any and all suggestions for dates, locations, etc.. for the next AvatarMeet.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Blue Elf

So... that thing was released into the world and it flies now :)
My small friend started to travel and if he is lucky, he'll visit all of you who attend AvatarMeet next year. If you are geocacher and meet him, please help him on his way (or say about him to your friends who can possibly help). You can trace his way at this address.

mikkowilson

An Ikran TB? Awesome!

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

Kekerusey

Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

After watching Alan's video last night, it occurred to me that a very interesting place to hold a meetup might be Great Basin National Park, here in Nevada. Great Basin National Park is a fairly new park in the US National Park System. It features a 13,063 foot/3,982 meter high mountain, forests, rivers, and a beautiful cave system. This park also has some of the darkest skies in the US, and is a fantastic site for astronomy of any type (the night sky there is absolutely stunning!). The park has various camping facilities, and one campsite that can be reserved for groups. As it is fairly new, and a bit out-of-the way, this park does not get a lot of traffic. The disadvantages? No hotel-type accommodations in the park, and limited accommodations outside of the park. It is also not close to any major airport, although it is moderately close to Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, and Elko, Nevada. (I think Delta, Utah has an airport as well.) But for those who want meoauniaea, you would have a hard time beating it!

This park has plenty of things to keep a Raiden busy. Or, even a Mikkowilson busy  ;)

This could even be a separate meetup from the more urban-based meetups we have had to date.

http://www.nps.gov/grba/index.htm

Yawey ngahu!

AketuanNavi

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 01, 2012, 03:23:36 PM
It features a 13,063 foot/3,982 meter high mountain

I've wanted to visit that park at some point definitely, and it makes a good option... but 13,000 is nothing compared to the peaks here in CO.

mikkowilson

You're cheating Aketuan; you start at 5000ft. :P

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA

Alan

Is that "Waaaay up in the mountains?"

#We're going to the mountains. We're going to the mountains.#

"Floating mountains of Colorado.  Ever heard of them?"

Ok I'll get mi coat.....before you get me sweeping up the Ikran doo-doo again

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Nevada's mountains might not be as high (Wheeler Peak in Great Basin National Park is second highest), but we have more of 'em!  :)

Yawey ngahu!

AketuanNavi

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on October 03, 2012, 09:27:47 PM
Nevada's mountains might not be as high (Wheeler Peak in Great Basin National Park is second highest), but we have more of 'em!  :)

I really don't want to turn this thread into a peak contest...but Colorado has more than twice as many peaks as Nevada.  http://peakery.com/united-states-mountains/

I'm a "peak-addict" yes I know  :P

* AketuanNavi lets the thread get back to meetup stuff.