Meetup in July 2012 (general discussion)

Started by 'Oma Tirea, July 10, 2011, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest2859

Quote from: Zefanaya on July 15, 2011, 02:49:12 AM
Quote from: DJ Makto on July 15, 2011, 02:46:32 AM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on July 15, 2011, 02:26:35 AM
Food - Know a good recipe for teylu? Tsosyu? Yerik? Show us your Na`vi cooking skills!

I know a few tasty Teylu (shrimp) recipes for the grill. ;)

And now I'm hungry.

If it comes in a box with instructions, I'll kick txìm on it.

Quote from: AketuanNavi on July 14, 2011, 07:22:08 PM

For some reason, I got the smell of tarp and forests when I saw that picture. Now I'm relaxed.

AketuanNavi

QuoteFor some reason, I got the smell of tarp and forests when I saw that picture. Now I'm relaxed.

lol, yeah now you have me thinking it smells like damp earth and fresh tarp...

DJ Makto

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Speaking of camping, ma Tunvrrtep, based on the description of your camp, your SCA presonna must be the queen  ;D

Combining camping and a hotel stay becomes somewhat problematic when traveling by air, as anything other than high-tech camping gear (and I am generally a rough camper, but have to take that darn CPAP machine) takes up a lot of space. On top of that, add clothing, etc for the hotel part of the stay. If I was driving, no problem.

One other logisitical thing to consider, is charging a registration fee to cover admission costs, common room rentals, the cost of contest prizes and other things. The financial stuff would best be handled by 3 individuals who live close to each other geographically so they could easily got together to work on the financial stuff.

Another possible contest would be 'best costume or cosplay'.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on July 15, 2011, 02:43:25 PM
Speaking of camping, ma Tunvrrtep, based on the description of your camp, your SCA presonna must be the queen  ;D

Combining camping and a hotel stay becomes somewhat problematic when traveling by air, as anything other than high-tech camping gear (and I am generally a rough camper, but have to take that darn CPAP machine) takes up a lot of space. On top of that, add clothing, etc for the hotel part of the stay. If I was driving, no problem.

One other logisitical thing to consider, is charging an registration fee to cover admission costs, common room rentals, the cost of contest prizes and other things. The financial stuff would best be handled by 3 individuals who live close to each other geographically so they could easily got together to work on the financial stuff.

Another possible contest would be 'best costume or cosplay'.

LOL no I'm not the Queen.  Although you never know, I may be some day.  But actually, my main persona is Lady Elizabeta Maria dei Medici (You may recognize that last name).  She is an ancestor of Lorenzo "the Great" dei Medici.  Her time period is around 30 years before he was prominent.  She is rich, spoiled, and is used to getting her own way.  She's basically me with money.  HRH

My secondary persona is Hrafna Rognvaldrsdottir.  She is the daughter of Rognvaldr Tilbuin who is a prominant landowner and baron (or whatever the title would be) in the Netherlands.  She is rich, spoiled and used to getting her own way.  Basically she's a 500 year older version of Elizabeta and well I guess about 1100 years older than me.  HRH  But she too is me with money. 

As for your suggestion, we will definitely take that under advisement.  It is an excellent idea and I don't think people would mind paying a little money toward the use of common rooms and other stuff.

A Costume or cosplay contest would be an interesting thing to do.  I'll bring that up also. 

Thanks.
Maria
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

AketuanNavi

not when you have backpacking gear. everything you need fits into a pack. :)

QuoteOne other logisitical thing to consider, is charging an registration fee to cover admission costs, common room rentals, the cost of contest prizes and other things. The financial stuff would best be handled by 3 individuals who live close to each other geographically so they could easily got together to work on the financial stuff.

This is a possibility...but not until our numbers go high enough to warrant it.

QuoteAnother possible contest would be 'best costume or cosplay'.

There actually was a thread created on ToS JUST for 2012 meetup cosplay...I think we will see a lot of navis walking the streets of Seattle.  :)

Zefanaya

Quote from: AketuanNavi on July 15, 2011, 04:26:13 PM

not when you have backpacking gear. everything you need fits into a pack. :)

QuoteOne other logisitical thing to consider, is charging an registration fee to cover admission costs, common room rentals, the cost of contest prizes and other things. The financial stuff would best be handled by 3 individuals who live close to each other geographically so they could easily got together to work on the financial stuff.

This is a possibility...but not until our numbers go high enough to warrant it.

QuoteAnother possible contest would be 'best costume or cosplay'.

There actually was a thread created on ToS JUST for 2012 meetup cosplay...I think we will see a lot of navis walking the streets of Seattle.  :)

A bumch if Na'vis in Seattle, now that's awesome.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

DJ Makto

Quote from: AketuanNavi on July 15, 2011, 04:26:13 PM

Don't forget the RDA representation. :P

Amaya

On the subject of a cosplay contest there would absolutely have to be two: one for blue people and one for those who are not. Not all of us are physically capable of the first. I know for a fact that NOBODY wants to see me dressed as a Na'vi!  :o :o :o ;D but inevitably a Na'vi costume is more intricate.

Zefanaya

At this rate we are going to need a 2012 cosplay thread. Anyone here seriously considering dressing blue, or RDA?

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Zefanaya on July 15, 2011, 07:46:22 PM
At this rate we are going to need a 2012 cosplay thread. Anyone here seriously considering dressing blue, or RDA?

I am considering not only dressing as a Na'vi, but also going around and speaking ONLY Na'vi. I'm sure the language will have blossomed even more by then. Prrton or Omängum or someone else really advanced can translate for me :) I would have done the same thing at the last meet up but I didn't have the costume for it. Hopefully after this Halloween tho, that will change ;)

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

DJ Makto

I am definitely thinking hard about doing an RDA cosplay, not sure what though maybe Sec-Ops soldier, or perhaps Parker Selfridge. :P

Doing an Avatar or Na'vi cosplay is also an option, but would be a more involved process.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on July 15, 2011, 07:51:57 PM

I am considering not only dressing as a Na'vi, but also going around and speaking ONLY Na'vi. I'm sure the language will have blossomed even more by then. Prrton or Omängum or someone else really advanced can translate for me :) I would have done the same thing at the last meet up but I didn't have the costume for it. Hopefully after this Halloween tho, that will change ;)

-Txonä Rolyu

This would deserve HUGE karma. If I'm gonna be there, I would LOVE to be one of the people who can chat..er..pivängkxo ngahu and ralpiveng fte frapo tsivun understivand. xD #ykybsntlw

guest2859

-Txonä Rolyu

The line in my signature is self explanatory...

---Edit---

Slight misread, I meant I wouldn't really do that myself because of the line in my signature.

But paint myself blue is a possiblity, a small one though.

Zefanaya

Quote from: Naruga Kuruga on July 16, 2011, 12:18:12 AM

-Txonä Rolyu

The line in my signature is self explanatory...

---Edit---

Slight misread, I meant I wouldn't really do that myself because of the line in my signature.

But paint myself blue is a possiblity, a small one though.

Ok.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 15, 2011, 09:38:25 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

This would deserve HUGE karma. If I'm gonna be there, I would LOVE to be one of the people who can chat..er..pivängkxo ngahu and ralpiveng fte frapo tsivun understivand. xD #ykybsntlw

I must have seen this post like 5 times and I just now noticed that lawlz. But since infixes go before vowels, wouldn't <iv> go before u? Hrh  ;D

Oeru sirvunu nìtxan fwa ngahu pivängkxo nìNa'vi nì'aw :) Ulte nga ZASYA'U! Oeti ngal stawm srak? Nga zasya'u! ;D

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on July 16, 2011, 12:29:58 AM
Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 15, 2011, 09:38:25 PM

-Txonä Rolyu

I must have seen this post like 5 times and I just now noticed that lawlz. But since infixes go before vowels, wouldn't <iv> go before u? Hrh  ;D

Oeru sirvunu nìtxan fwa ngahu pivängkxo nìNa'vi nì'aw :) Ulte nga ZASYA'U! Oeti ngal stawm srak? Nga zasya'u! ;D

-Txonä Rolyu

what's the difference between understivand and kllkxivem?

oe FMI ziva'u...

Eyawng te Klltepayu

I am considering not only dressing as a Na'vi, but also going around and speaking ONLY Na'vi.

Txantsan! Kxawm oe nìteng, hufwa plltxe nìNa'vi nìwin a fì'ut ke fnan oel nìtxan.
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Eyawng te Klltepayu on July 16, 2011, 01:27:29 AM

I am considering not only dressing as a Na'vi, but also going around and speaking ONLY Na'vi.

Txantsan! Kxawm oe nìteng, hufwa plltxe nìNa'vi nìwin a fì'ut ke fnan oel nìtxan.

Eyawng te Klltepayu

:(

kop ke fnan oel futa pamrel si nìNa'vi....
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.