Meetup in July 2012 (general discussion)

Started by 'Oma Tirea, July 10, 2011, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zefanaya

Thanks. And I will speak with the committee. We have a meeting scheduled tentatively for next thursday at 7:30 PM PST. We hold meetings via skype, so we could talk about this then, if that works for you. Though the Committee must deliberate on it first.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

ExLibrisMortis

Yup, keep us posted. I do believe Txona is on the committee, so that's practically us being represented, but if ya'll would like me or DJ Makto on helping out, that works for us. Either way we'll be here doing our thing.

Zefanaya

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on July 17, 2011, 02:40:25 AM
Yup, keep us posted. I do believe Txona is on the committee, so that's practically us being represented, but if ya'll would like me or DJ Makto on helping out, that works for us. Either way we'll be here doing our thing.

We will need you at some point, if the committee votes majority, then I will see you on the Skype call at some point. We'd surly love it if you made podcasts of the event, they are always welcome. Also, your dealings with Fox and getting press access, those all at some point will be needed.

Fiyerwall (Txepkxemyo)

I'd like to put in my two cents if I may. :D

For the hotel, I would much rather have something close to the museum for safety and simplicity.

We could dedicate one day for cosplay so the players would only have to deal with the paint and costumes one time. I intend to dress up and I think it would be easier that way.

When I was there in June, I was not fortunate enough to go to the aquarium and all the way through Pike Place. I am definitely planning on doing that next year so if you need someone to, I wouldn't mind heading up the group that would like to do the same.  :)
When you see nothing, you see everything.
There's a picture of me on Laz Alonso's phone next to James Cameron's phone number. HELL YEAH!!

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Fiyerwall on July 17, 2011, 10:57:03 PM
When I was there in June, I was not fortunate enough to go to the aquarium and all the way through Pike Place. I am definitely planning on doing that next year so if you need someone to, I wouldn't mind heading up the group that would like to do the same.  :)

Mllte ngahu.  When I was there in July I got no opportunity to really explore some in Seattle.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Zefanaya

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on July 17, 2011, 10:58:44 PM

Mllte ngahu.  When I was there in July I got no opportunity to really explore some in Seattle.

My group walked all over seattle. 80% of pike, the water front, the public library, and walked to a smaller (14 people) team dinner I put together.

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Zefanaya on July 17, 2011, 11:06:39 PM
Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on July 17, 2011, 10:58:44 PM

My group walked all over seattle. 80% of pike, the water front, the public library, and walked to a smaller (14 people) team dinner I put together.

Was that on Sunday when I missed out on so much? :'(

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Zefanaya

guest2859

I would like to be able to do a 'hiking trip' around Seattle, because I've only be far south as San Antonio and north as St. Louis, so Seattle would be the farthest I ever went (27 split hours instead of just 16 hours away). And I don't know how big Seattle is (I know it's big, just not how), but I has slight issues with being around towers. Slight, I mean very. St. Louis wasn't really towers as high the arch, but I was in San Antonio and was getting motion sickness when looking up. But then again I live in Dumas, not the biggest place on earth. But then again, I would like to explore Seattle and not just be confined to a block or two like my last many trips.  ;)

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Naruga Kuruga on July 18, 2011, 12:40:46 AM
I would like to be able to do a 'hiking trip' around Seattle, because I've only be far south as San Antonio and north as St. Louis, so Seattle would be the farthest I ever went (27 split hours instead of just 16 hours away). And I don't know how big Seattle is (I know it's big, just not how), but I has slight issues with being around towers. Slight, I mean very. St. Louis wasn't really towers as high the arch, but I was in San Antonio and was getting motion sickness when looking up. But then again I live in Dumas, not the biggest place on earth. But then again, I would like to explore Seattle and not just be confined to a block or two like my last many trips.  ;)

Oh my. Seattle is like...all towers. Our hotel for both meet ups was right next to the Space Needle. We won't be confined to just a couple blocks, but I can tell you right now that Seattle consists mostly of towers.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

guest2859

My assumption from all the pictures I've seen.

But the hotel in St. Louis I was in, we stayed on the 13th floor (Millennium Hotel). But the floors are paper thin, so it only reaches as high as an Amarillo 6th floor, where the floors/ceilings have like 8ft of space.

Oh, the Space Needle. When I was younger my brother always told me that's where they hid the Roswell UFO in plain sight, but I was gullible then.

So something to look forward to.  :P

Zefanaya

Actually Seattle only has towers in downtown seattle (where we are staying) but the area around the EMP doesn't have all to many other then the Space Needle.

Alan

Quote from: Naruga Kuruga on July 18, 2011, 12:56:22 AM

But the hotel in St. Louis I was in, we stayed on the 13th floor (Millennium Hotel). But the floors are paper thin, so it only reaches as high as an Amarillo 6th floor, where the floors/ceilings have like 8ft of space.

Oh, the Space Needle. When I was younger my brother always told me that's where they hid the Roswell UFO in plain sight, but I was gullible then.

Well Naruga Kuruga would you like a sneaky peak of Seattle?  Take a look at this short video below from the June meet up where we went up Hell's Gate Tower...errr...I mean the Space Needle.  You certainly get a view of Seattle from up there.  For me it was a really great city, which just the right mix of everything and brilliant public transport.  Anyway enough of my waffle.  Hope you are ok with heights!  Here it is:

Seattle Meet Up Pt 3.mp4

Alan

guest2859

Quote from: Alan on July 18, 2011, 01:04:08 PM

Well Naruga Kuruga would you like a sneaky peak of Seattle?  Take a look at this short video below from the June meet up where we went up Hell's Gate Tower...errr...I mean the Space Needle.  You certainly get a view of Seattle from up there.  For me it was a really great city, which just the right mix of everything and brilliant public transport.  Anyway enough of my waffle.  Hope you are ok with heights!  Here it is:

Seattle Meet Up Pt 3.mp4

Alan

I'm fine with towers as long as I'm not on the roof, or see a plane nearby. Otherwise I enjoy the heights.

Alan

Ahh, you'll be fine then.  We didn't end up on any roofs whilst we were there.  Although as you couls see we were under the flight path for Sea-Tac airport.  But you don't really notice them...too busy enjoying the company.

Alan

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Naruga Kuruga on July 18, 2011, 01:18:24 PM
Quote from: Alan on July 18, 2011, 01:04:08 PM

Seattle Meet Up Pt 3.mp4

Alan

I'm fine with towers as long as I'm not on the roof, or see a plane nearby. Otherwise I enjoy the heights.

You sound a little like me.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Zefanaya

Ok, so no one go to the top of Columbia tower and we will all be ok ;). FYI Columbia tower is the tallest building (at least for a few more years) in Seattle. They have a really nice observation lounge, but its only open during the week day. Its either free to go up, or it costs less then $5.00USD, I can't remember right now.

Maria TunVrrtep

I didn't manage to get to the top of the Space Needle this time.  I just couldn't see spending $15 to ride an elevator.  It doesn't cost that to go to the top of the Empire State Building!
This time I'm going to the top of the Space Needle though. 

EDIT: Hit wrong button.  Silly mouse doesn't like me today.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Ekirä

I think a group trip to the top of the Space Needle would be awesome, although a bit pricey, yeah. ::) I've always wanted to go up...

kop: when I went up the Empire State Building a few years ago it was $20. But it kind of makes sense that it would be more expensive than the Space Needle.

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Ekirä on July 18, 2011, 05:34:55 PM
I think a group trip to the top of the Space Needle would be awesome, although a bit pricey, yeah. ::) I've always wanted to go up...

kop: when I went up the Empire State Building a few years ago it was $20. But it kind of makes sense that it would be more expensive than the Space Needle.

WOW really?  Last time I went up ... granted in 1982 ... it was like $5.

Oh well, forget my arguments then.  It's not too expensive.  HRH  I think I'm living in the past sometimes.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")