Meetup in July 2012 (general discussion)

Started by 'Oma Tirea, July 10, 2011, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ekirä

Miraculously, almost every time I've been to Seattle it's been a beautiful day. But I'm sure the locals see more than enough rain. :P

Zefanaya

Quote from: Ekirä on July 11, 2011, 09:31:53 PM
Miraculously, almost every time I've been to Seattle it's been a beautiful day. But I'm sure the locals see more than enough rain. :P

Yes, yes we do.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Put me down for 60 percent as a reasonable estimate, but with the understanding that I will do my darndest to be there. There are some very definite hard blackout dates for me, due to work and the Feline Conservation Federation convention. One of the work-related events is the NAB convention in Las Vegas, in April.

I love some of the ideas proposed and am willing to help wherever my (currently fractured) schedule allows.

One additional idea I have, copied from the Klingon Language Institute annual meeting, is to do some classes for learning Na`vi. The basic thrust would be for new learners, but there would also be some material for intermediate learners as well. Some fun activities specifically related to the language could be part of this track (writing contests, activities to encourage speaking proficiency, etc.). There are all sorts of things that could be part of these proposals, and I am by no means the only source of good ideas.

The bottom line is, that this meetup was tì`o` nìwotx, and we should work towards future activities. We need to take the time to plan carefully, but let nothing hold the planning back. I am on board for this, and looking forward to participate as long as it doesn't conflict with something I cannot reschedule.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Zefanaya

Their are some very good ideas in this post. Irayo ma tsmukan.

Eyawng te Klltepayu

Quote from: AketuanNavi on July 11, 2011, 02:46:55 PM
awesome!  :)    I put you on the list with your ToS username and forum because you have more posts there, but if you want it to be the other way around just tell me.  :)

Irayo! Just change place of origin to UK/Aus
Please tell me if you see mistakes in a Na'vi post of mine. It's the only way I'll learn. :P

Kan oe trro fnivan lì'fyat leNa'vi frapoto a foru ke sunängu rel arusikx alu Uniltìrantokx.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Eyawng te Klltepayu on July 12, 2011, 03:59:49 AM
Quote from: AketuanNavi on July 11, 2011, 02:46:55 PM
awesome!  :)    I put you on the list with your ToS username and forum because you have more posts there, but if you want it to be the other way around just tell me.  :)

Irayo! Just change place of origin to UK/Aus

Lawlz, yeah I was looking at that and I'm like "Wait I thought he was in Australia..."  ;D

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

AketuanNavi

Quote from: Khestalì on July 11, 2011, 08:37:43 PM
July or later would be much better if you want a higher percentage of warm, sunny weather, particularly for a consistant week or more at a time.

Take it from a local - you never know what Washington's gonna throw at ya!

that is one reason for July.

@Eyawng te Klltepayu: lol, sorry about that. Usually I assume USA...I'll do some checking the next time.

Maria TunVrrtep

Put me down at 50% for now.  As long as it's in June or July I should be ok.
* Maria TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Alan

One important thing to keep in mind, no matter where we meet, is the local seasonal weather. If we're meeting in Seattle again, as it seems to sound we would be, there's a high chance it won't be nice and warm and sunny if we meet in the spring, which varies from "wet" to "wetter" to "flooding". June itself is generally very hit-and-miss with sun and rain; you could have a clear, cloudless morning that's raining by noon, followed by breakups and sun, chased by more overcast skies and rain ("Sunny Rain" is a common phenomenon ;D). Not that it's necessarily cold, like winter, but not exactly summer tank-top weather either, and in the mountains the snow level can be low. Hiking/outdoors-wise, July or later would be much better if you want a higher percentage of warm, sunny weather, particularly for a consistant week or more at a time.

Ahhh, irayo Khestalì.  That makes me feel quite at home as it's just like that in the UK...all over!  Although we don't usually do too much on the snow front.  I can always bring my Avatar brolly (Note dark rain cloud in the background! Hehehe):

I have to say that at the 4th June meeting it never rained once in the 5 days that we were there and it was room temperature outside, which made a refreshing change to when I was in New York the week before - 91F!!!!

Alan

Maria TunVrrtep

If it's in Seattle or thereabouts, I'd say there's a 95% I'll be terrori - *Coughs* Ah, seeing you guys again in another twelve months or so :P

One important thing to keep in mind, no matter where we meet, is the local seasonal weather. If we're meeting in Seattle again, as it seems to sound we would be, there's a high chance it won't be nice and warm and sunny if we meet in the spring, which varies from "wet" to "wetter" to "flooding". June itself is generally very hit-and-miss with sun and rain; you could have a clear, cloudless morning that's raining by noon, followed by breakups and sun, chased by more overcast skies and rain ("Sunny Rain" is a common phenomenon ;D). Not that it's necessarily cold, like winter, but not exactly summer tank-top weather either, and in the mountains the snow level can be low. Hiking/outdoors-wise, July or later would be much better if you want a higher percentage of warm, sunny weather, particularly for a consistant week or more at a time.

Take it from a local - you never know what Washington's gonna throw at ya!

HRH I found out all about it not being tank top weather this past weekend.  I'm used to 100 degree weather.  Wearing a tank top in 50 degree weather was a bit cold.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Maria TunVrrtep on July 12, 2011, 02:46:20 PM
HRH I found out all about it not being tank top weather this past weekend.  I'm used to 100 degree weather.  Wearing a tank top in 50 degree weather was a bit cold.

Even 40° was warmer than Seattle :P

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

AketuanNavi

Quote from: Maria TunVrrtep on July 12, 2011, 09:06:14 AM
Put me down at 50% for now.  As long as it's in June or July I should be ok.
* Maria TunVrrtep
cool, I hope to see you there. :)

Tirea Aean

I will track this event as it develops and monitor its planning progress...

I need the date of the event as soon as possible to ensure that I will be there.

Upon knowing the finalized date, I will provide a percentage. :) (which will most likely by 99%)

Alan

Wow!  Look at that list grow Aketuan.  Going to be quite an event I think and it's only the Tuesday after the meet up!

Palulukan-Makto

i am in, summer is good for me!!! if its in spring i cant go since my spring break in college is in April
Oel ngati kameie

Avatar is the greatest movie of all time!!!

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child!" - Neytiri

Toruk Makto

Moved all the 2012 meetup topics to this dedicated board...

I hope I didn't cause any vertigo with the change!  ;)

Lì'fyari leNa'vi 'Rrtamì, vay set 'almong a fra'u zera'u ta ngrrpongu
Na'vi Dictionary: http://files.learnnavi.org/dicts/NaviDictionary.pdf

'Oma Tirea

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Zefanaya

Wow, it took weeks to get get this many people for July 9, this event will be huge.

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Zefanaya on July 12, 2011, 05:41:39 PM
Wow, it took weeks to get get this many people for July 9, this event will be huge.

that is, if these percentages stay high ;D a year is a bloody long time. I sure hope so, cuz the more come, the more epic! :D

Palulukan-Makto

Quote from: Zefanaya on July 12, 2011, 05:41:39 PM

next time we should stay a week in Seattle not just the weekend
Oel ngati kameie

Avatar is the greatest movie of all time!!!

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child!" - Neytiri