Meetup in July 2012 (general discussion)

Started by 'Oma Tirea, July 10, 2011, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txura Rolyu

44 people voting at the moment. That is going to be one HELL of a clan metup  :o

I am not really sure that doing a spring meet would work seeing as a lot of people are in school. I know I get done the end of May if I stay for the month long summer course. Isnt June considered Summer  ??? 

Anyways if it wont be in July then let it be in June. Please Eywa let it be in June.
Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: How will I know if she chooses me?
Neytiri: She will try to kill you.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on August 02, 2011, 02:28:24 PM
44 people voting at the moment. That is going to be one HELL of a clan metup  :o

I am not really sure that doing a spring meet would work seeing as a lot of people are in school. I know I get done the end of May if I stay for the month long summer course. Isnt June considered Summer  ??? 

Anyways if it wont be in July then let it be in June. Please Eywa let it be in June.

Yes, June is considered summer...well at least in my book. That's when the first day of summer is. I was proposing a spring meet because myself and EVERYONE else from the June 4th group bought [expensive] museum memberships which will all expire next June 4th. I thought it would be nice for us to use them again for another meet but that's not happening. We already have our dates set at July 19-24.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

'Oma Tirea

July Poll results:

If the meet up were in Spring 2012, would it be possible for you to attend?

14 (31.8%) voted "Yes"
2 (4.5%) voted "No"
19 (43.2%) voted "I don't know at this point"
8 (18.2%) voted "I'd prefer July"
1 (2.3%) voted "I'd prefer some other date"

Total voters so far: 44

Poll has been reset for August.

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Txura Rolyu

Quote from: Ekirä on March 30, 2011, 04:45:34 PMNeytiri: Now you choose your woman. This you must feel inside. If she also chooses you, move quick like I showed.
Jake: Outstanding. *takes out an ikran-catcher and walks through hometree looking for women*

Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on August 02, 2011, 09:22:38 PM
July Poll results:

14 (31.8%) voted "Yes"
2 (4.5%) voted "No"

What??? WHere is this poll you speak of? The one here in this thread is the same one I set a few months ago.

-Txonä Rolyu

Edit: Ok I see the results have changed but the question is still the same. Did you do that? If so how? You have to be at least a board mod (on this board) to edit polls...

And also to the rest of the committee....when did we decide to change the dates? I'm having problems loading the minutes from last week's meeting so i can't look at those right now, so if the discussion is in there, I can't see it.

DJ Makto

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on August 02, 2011, 10:45:13 PM
Quote from: 'Oma Tirea on August 02, 2011, 09:22:38 PM
July Poll results:

14 (31.8%) voted "Yes"
2 (4.5%) voted "No"

What??? WHere is this poll you speak of? The one here in this thread is the same one I set a few months ago.

-Txonä Rolyu

'Oma Tirea reset the poll

Maria TunVrrtep

Quote from: Txonä Te Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì on August 02, 2011, 10:45:13 PM

And also to the rest of the committee....when did we decide to change the dates? I'm having problems loading the minutes from last week's meeting so i can't look at those right now, so if the discussion is in there, I can't see it.

We didn't.  I think the poll is the original poll from when the Spring was the preferred timing.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

AketuanNavi

OK

To clear things up:

The dates have NOT changed. Most likely the meetup will be July 19-23.

There is no need for a poll at all because the meetup won't be in the spring. So I will probably delete it later tonight...

Zefanaya

Quote from: AketuanNavi on August 03, 2011, 12:13:06 AM
OK

To clear things up:

There is no need for a poll at all because the meetup won't be in the spring. So I will probably delete it later tonight...

Indeed, we looked at a lot of data to pick these dates, and these were the best we could see to hold a meetup on.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

Quote from: Zefanaya on August 03, 2011, 01:17:06 AM
Quote from: AketuanNavi on August 03, 2011, 12:13:06 AM
OK

To clear things up:

Indeed, we looked at a lot of data to pick these dates, and these were the best we could see to hold a meetup on.

That's what I had thought. As for why 'Oma Tirea was messing with our polls without asking us first I'm not sure. That was NOT cool  >:(
I'll remove the poll right now.

-Txonä Rolyu

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

The polls have particularly unhelpful, as they were either kind of 'leading'. Or in the case of the one on the standalone thread, not enough choices were given, and the thread was locked to prevent further discussion.

Although I think July 19-23 are overall fine dates for the meetup, this is the one weened in the entire June-July period that I am most likely not going to be able to make (same weekend as the Feline Conservation Federation convention 9 out of the last 10 years). I will not know if this weekend works (or not) until January or February.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

AketuanNavi

Ok, so here is my perspective here:

The poll in this thread was created really early on, before the dates were picked. The poll helped to see if people would be able to do July or the spring. It served its purpose and now is gone with good reason.

The poll about the dates (July 19-23) in the locked thread, is also serving a good purpose. The reason that the thread was locked is so that we didn't have mass chaos with people proposing dates all over the place and people dividing off about which dates to pick. July 19-23 has A LOT going for it and the point of the poll is simply to see if it works for everyone. Right now with all forums included we have:
YES: 43
NO: 4

How the dates were chosen:
School starting and ending in several countries right around this time. In one case classes gets out mid July and another case classes start late July
Weather (better in July)
Most weekends have an event going on in Seattle. i.e...July 4th, Bastille Day...ect

The dates are still subject to change at this point, but likely will not change.

ExLibrisMortis

The prime idea is to pick a certain date and have people plan around that date. Now that you have your initial data, that points to the aforementioned date, I'd say just stick with it and have everyone begin making plans for then. It's a little less than a year to that time and if everyone put away a few dollars a week, or whatever you costs may be, it is definitely way more than enough time to get everything together if people start now.

2 cents.

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on August 03, 2011, 05:11:00 PM
The prime idea is to pick a certain date and have people plan around that date. Now that you have your initial data, that points to the aforementioned date, I'd say just stick with it and have everyone begin making plans for then. It's a little less than a year to that time and if everyone put away a few dollars a week, or whatever you costs may be, it is definitely way more than enough time to get everything together if people start now.

2 cents.

Mllte. I think this is why we wanted to get dates out quickly is so people have PLENTY of time to plan around them and save money and stuff.

-Txonä Rolyu

Txura Rolyu

I am glad we have almost set dates now. I will not book my flight til three months in advance so I will check in then. Of course I could see about riding up this time rather than getting stuck with a plane leaving me behind. That really sucked to miss the final meal and the flight this year... Anyways I am definately going to make it there this upcoming year.

ExLibrisMortis

If there are enough people willing to split, I think I can drive, take a path over to california/nevada, pick a few people up and just drive the whole way.

simple ideas, and depending on gas prices/government snafu's of the time(FAA shutdown), it might be cheaper.

Txura Rolyu

I would love to take a drive up California. Where do you live exactly?

ExLibrisMortis

I live in AZ, but when I was contemplating driving up this past time, my two paths were either to shoot over to Cali and drive up the coast, or to go up through nevada. Both ways being similar in distance.

Txura Rolyu

Well if you live near the 10Fwy you can take that straight to my school. Txonä and I will be attending school there, but I dont know if he will stay down here in California for the summer. He might go home for the summer break.

My suggestion for the fastest route to Seattle would be the 10 Fwy to the 5 Fwy. The 5 will take you straight there.

Quote from: Txura Rolyu on August 03, 2011, 09:00:56 PM
Well if you live near the 10Fwy you can take that straight to my school. Txonä and I will be attending school there, but I dont know if he will stay down here in California for the summer. He might go home for the summer break.

My suggestion for the fastest route to Seattle would be the 10 Fwy to the 5 Fwy. The 5 will take you straight there.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing next summer either at this point. I think wether or not I stay at Redlands will depend on what kind of work I find.

-Txonä Rolyu