Meetup in July 2012 (general discussion)

Started by 'Oma Tirea, July 10, 2011, 10:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tirea Aean

Quote from: OmaticayaClan on July 12, 2011, 10:06:12 PM
Quote from: Zefanaya on July 12, 2011, 05:41:39 PM
Wow, it took weeks to get get this many people for July 9, this event will be huge.

next time we should stay a week in Seattle not just the weekend

according to the ikrannews newsletter i got in the mail today, that seems to have been suggested if not maybe the plan. I'd love that!

Zefanaya

Wow, it took weeks to get get this many people for July 9, this event will be huge.

agreed.
AM 2012 - Uniting the Clans Planning Team
Zephaniah Washington - [email protected]

A Furry - FA: Tirey
AMERICANS FOR PROTECTION OF FREE SPEECH

DJ Makto

Maria TunVrrtep

There is absolutely no way I could stay that long.  I couldn't get my hotel that long for free, I'm sure.  And I have no intention of paying for one when I've got a free hotel in the area.  And an absolutely beautiful hotel also.
* Maria TunVrrtep
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

Tirea Aean

Quote from: Maria TunVrrtep on July 12, 2011, 10:46:34 PM

There is absolutely no way I could stay that long.  I couldn't get my hotel that long for free, I'm sure.  And I have no intention of paying for one when I've got a free hotel in the area.  And an absolutely beautiful hotel also.
* Maria TunVrrtep

then stay as long as you can :D

Zefanaya

Quote from: Tirea Aean on July 12, 2011, 11:06:01 PM

* Maria TunVrrtep

then stay as long as you can :D

Indeed.

Maria TunVrrtep

Yeah I will.  I may be able to come in on Thursday in stead of Friday.  Or leave on Monday instead of Sunday.  That would give me an extra day.  It would be nice to see everyone again.
"Ke'u ke lu law a krr frakem tsunslu." -
    Margaret Drabble
("When nothing is sure, everything is possible.")

AketuanNavi

I know someone mentioned the newsletter I sent out. The plan is not set at the moment. I think the preliminary idea is to have it be Thursday-Monday and maybe a backpacking trip or something Tues-Wed.

Honestly It hasn't been decided yet. I'm up for a full week! :)

Jane MacMillan

I am in 100% whenever it happens (the advantage of being local).
However, I would prefer summertime because Seattle spring is a lot colder than Pandora, and I'll be going native Na'vi for at least part of the gathering. ;)

judytuna

Put me down for 80%! (I'm coming from California, so we'll have to see when the time comes!)

Re: Jane: Hooray!!!

Amaya

I'll certainly be there if I possibly can. I also think some sort of meet-up should happen in Victoria or Vancouver so those with hiking experience can do a trip to Avatar Grove. But that's a different  topic.

ExLibrisMortis

Damn you guys move fast...

I barely have had enough time to recover from this weekend let alone with all the school since.

Given enough advance warning, and set solid dates, expect Avatar nation to be there enforce once again.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

I'm definitely down for a week!

There is absolutely no way I could stay that long.  I couldn't get my hotel that long for free, I'm sure.  And I have no intention of paying for one when I've got a free hotel in the area.  And an absolutely beautiful hotel also.
* Maria TunVrrtep

Any chance you could get with your connection you have and see about group discount at that hotel? Free would be nice, but I'm sure that's not possible. I'd like to get the best value possible for the group. The Travelodge was a bit pricy even with the discount I arranged. It would be nice if we could all be on the same floor too.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

AketuanNavi

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on July 13, 2011, 12:59:23 AM
I am in 100% whenever it happens (the advantage of being local).
However, I would prefer summertime because Seattle spring is a lot colder than Pandora, and I'll be going native Na'vi for at least part of the gathering. ;)
Quote from: judytuna on July 13, 2011, 01:05:41 AM
Put me down for 80%! (I'm coming from California, so we'll have to see when the time comes!)

Re: Jane: Hooray!!!

I have you both on the list!  :)

Quote from: Amaya on July 13, 2011, 01:14:09 AM
I'll certainly be there if I possibly can. I also think some sort of meet-up should happen in Victoria or Vancouver so those with hiking experience can do a trip to Avatar Grove. But that's a different  topic.
Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on July 13, 2011, 01:51:27 AM

I barely have had enough time to recover from this weekend let alone with all the school since.

Given enough advance warning, and set solid dates, expect Avatar nation to be there enforce once again.

Hopefully we will have a date for everyone in the next few weeks maybe...

I'll put you both down at 50% since you didn't specify. If you want that changed/taken off just ask.  :)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

A week may seem great, but I think you would find the fun and uniqueness of the event wearing off after about four days. Seattle is also an expensive place to do things. The suggestion offered of Thursday to Monday seems something to consider. In any case, activities should be structured so the important events happen over the course of 1-2 days. The week idea works if the early and/or late days are optional days, with perhaps more 'day trip' activities, like a hike, boat tour, etc. during those days. A less expensive hotel should also be found, within reasonable mass transit distance to downtown.

Personally, I would prefer June or July or August. None of these have any blackout dates yet, but the Feline Conservation Federation convention will likely fall somewhere in that time, and I cannot easily work around that event.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Zefanaya

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on July 13, 2011, 01:51:27 AM

Why do you think we move so fast. We want to give people time to prep.

'Eylan Ayfalulukanä: The main event(s) would be about two days, the rest just suggested things to do/see/visit. Just like July 9 was structured (with free time) and July 10 was just suggested events, but completely free. When/If we do a large (2000+ people) convention, it would last for 4+ days.

I prefer July, as Seattle weather is better. It gets pretty warm in August, but I'd like August because August 4th is my birthday and I can't think of a better thing to do on my birthday then to hang out with my Na'vi family.

AketuanNavi

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on July 13, 2011, 03:18:47 AM
A week may seem great, but I think you would find the fun and uniqueness of the event wearing off after about four days. Seattle is also an expensive place to do things. The suggestion offered of Thursday to Monday seems something to consider. In any case, activities should be structured so the important events happen over the course of 1-2 days. The week idea works if the early and/or late days are optional days, with perhaps more 'day trip' activities, like a hike, boat tour, etc. during those days. A less expensive hotel should also be found, within reasonable mass transit distance to downtown.

Personally, I would prefer June or July or August. None of these have any blackout dates yet, but the Feline Conservation Federation convention will likely fall somewhere in that time, and I cannot easily work around that event.

Yeah I agree that 4 days would seem to be a good length of time. A thursday through Monday with the main events being Sat and Sun. The extra activities like camping/backpacking trip/hike could be Tue/Wed for those who want to stay after the meetup...

I agree that June-Aug would be best. However June gets ruled out by a lot of people still having classes (either student or teacher). And august classes start up for a lot of people...I think July is our best bet.

Zefanaya

31 People in lass then a week?!?, an entire year left for registration. I foresee large numbers in our future.

Sarah Noel

Quote from: Jane MacMillan on July 13, 2011, 12:59:23 AM
I would prefer summertime because Seattle spring is a lot colder than Pandora, and I'll be going native Na'vi for at least part of the gathering. ;)

Absolutely agreed. I look forward to it.

Palulukan-Makto

so glad everyone agrees with me on that :D :D :D
Oel ngati kameie

Avatar is the greatest movie of all time!!!

"You have a strong heart. No fear. But stupid! Ignorant like a child!" - Neytiri