Big news: Karyu Pawl to teach Na’vi lessons at AvatarMeet 2012!

Started by mikkowilson, June 11, 2012, 12:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan

That's good.  I've always wondered how you say 'kaltaxi' and 'kieevarmy'.....

EEEKKK!!!  *Alan runs for hometree, hotly pursued by the clan....

Yeah, as DJ said, our intent is to record as much as we can and if all comes good the Na'vi lessons will be one of them.

Alan

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I'm hoping that there will be value in the lessons for those of us who are not beginners (but not masters, either) as well.

Alan, I'll email you about the password reset tonight (just got back from a period of traveling).

Alan and DJ-- I now have a much-upgraded DSLR camera that can do both still and video recording. I will do still photography like I did last year, but can do video as well. This can be with the DSLR, or with a dedicated video camera. I can also do sound mixing for video recordings.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Prrton

ma 'Eylan —

I'm sure that pronunciation will be a part of it as will everyday conversation. That's something that almost none of us gets to practice verbally on a regular basis, so I'm confident that it will be helpful to all who attend regardless of level.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

And indeed, pronunciation is something I hope to get much better at this year. Although I have not been 'talking' much about this, I have just completed the building of a tool that will help with learning stress. It has been a real eye-opener working on this, and helps explain why I have had trouble understanding other speakers. With this finally complete, I hope to be working again on grammar, etc. as well, very soon.

Yawey ngahu!

Seze Mune

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Yes, it is, and will be available through the language learning screensaver project I have set up. If you have the program ($20 after 30 day free trial; I did not write it), I'll give you a link to the list and you can then build the screensaver from that.

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 18, 2012, 04:03:30 PM
Alan, I'll email you about the password reset tonight (just got back from a period of traveling).

Alan and DJ-- I now have a much-upgraded DSLR camera that can do both still and video recording. I will do still photography like I did last year, but can do video as well. This can be with the DSLR, or with a dedicated video camera. I can also do sound mixing for video recordings.

Kaltxì Eylan,

You would be better off contacting Mikko regarding resetting your pass word as he is the admin/webmaster for www.avatarmeet.com.

That's great if you are able to help record the event.  One of our goals it to be able to share the event with those who have not been able to make it.  We are beginning to lock down some of the schedule now which will enable us to plan how to capture it.  There will also be an Avatar Fan Film project that will be happening that will be not just for those who will be there but also those who can't. Hopefully I will be able to post some info about this in the next few days.

Getting back on topic, we still need to get clearance from the relevant parties to record the Na'vi lessons, but hopefully all will come good and we can record it to share with the Avatar community.

Alan

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 18, 2012, 05:06:04 PM
And indeed, pronunciation is something I hope to get much better at this year. Although I have not been 'talking' much about this, I have just completed the building of a tool that will help with learning stress. It has been a real eye-opener working on this, and helps explain why I have had trouble understanding other speakers. With this finally complete, I hope to be working again on grammar, etc. as well, very soon.

So looking forward to teaching this lesson :D

Meanwhile, my SO struggles with it :P

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Prrton

Quote from: Alan on June 19, 2012, 04:04:17 PM

Getting back on topic, we still need to get clearance from the relevant parties to record the Na'vi lessons, but hopefully all will come good and we can record it to share with the Avatar community.

Karyu Pawl is fine with recording. I confirmed it verbally with him. So am I.

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Prrton on June 27, 2012, 01:56:06 PM

Tewti nang

This is a resource the community has long needed.

Yawey ngahu!

Seze Mune

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 27, 2012, 03:16:39 PM

Tewti nang

This is a resource the community has long needed.

Mllte oe nang!   :D

Alan

Irayo Prrton for asking for us.  Thanks for agreeing also.

All I need now is a shed load of memory cards....Now where is that DJ Makto fella?  ;D

Alan