Which design do you prefer?

Design 1: One of the People
20 (66.7%)
Design 2: Toruk Makto
10 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: June 26, 2012, 02:55:37 AM

Nosi'em Ikranay

So voting closes tomorrow and only 26 people have voted.  I guess those are the ones who expect to go to the event?  That's IT?  

I don't know about you guys, but it seems disappointing to me.  Why would anyone even bother to print up 26 t-shirts?  WAY too expensive to do that.

If only 26 people are going to buy the shirts because they're the only ones who can vote on it, then I have my doubts that this will ever happen.  If you guys hope to sell more shirts, then those people who hope/plan to buy one should be able to vote too.  Their money is just as good and is going to help make a difference imho.  THEY should be able to vote too.

My two cents.  What do YOU guys think?

Meuiama Tsamsiyu (Toruk Makto)

Quote from: Nosi'em Ikranay on June 24, 2012, 11:13:27 PM
So voting closes tomorrow and only 26 people have voted.  I guess those are the ones who expect to go to the event?  That's IT?  

I don't know about you guys, but it seems disappointing to me.  Why would anyone even bother to print up 26 t-shirts?  WAY too expensive to do that.

If only 26 people are going to buy the shirts because they're the only ones who can vote on it, then I have my doubts that this will ever happen.  If you guys hope to sell more shirts, then those people who hope/plan to buy one should be able to vote too.  Their money is just as good and is going to help make a difference imho.  THEY should be able to vote too.

My two cents.  What do YOU guys think?

Then vote, my friend. Vote. Like EVERY vote, yours matters.

"He who destroys a good book kills reason itself." -John Milton

"Mathematics is the gate and key to the sciences." -Roger Bacon

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates

Niri Te

There are a LOT of people on this site, that due to the world economic situation will just NOT be able to make it to the Meetup. With the shirts ONLY being available at the meetup, there are a bunch of people who are NOT going to be able to show their support of the ethics that the movie espouses, or show their support for the Meetups, and learning the Na'vi language.
I have not voted, because I didn't want people to think that two more people were going to be there, when we will not be able to go.
Brie
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

They have an active census of most of the people attending. Whether walk-ins like me, or people staying the entire week. And even the pre-camping trip, members.

So tehrefore, I think your votes DO count, ma Niri Te.

Human No More

I want both... >.>

As for people who can't go, if people are interested, I could perhaps proxy-buy a few if you give me money for it and shipping.
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

I think it is time to consider that there is a HUGE fan base here that wants these shirts and cannot go to the meet. I do NOT think that we should exclude them, anymore. Time to step back a bit and rethink this for our clan mates the world over.

Perhaps coordinating with a member in S. Asia and another in Europe, for bulk mailing as a hub to get them to local area countries and so forth?

Niri Te

They BOTH are FANTASTIC, but I voted for Number one. (I truly wish that it were possible to "Be one of the People").
 Niri Te

Irtaviš Ačankif

I voted for #1 BECAUSE IT HAS NA'VI ON IT! YAY!  ;D
Previously Ithisa Kīranem, Uniltìrantokx te Skxawng.

Name from my Sakaš conlang, from Sakasul Ältäbisäl Acarankïp

"First name" is Ačankif, not Eltabiš! In Na'vi, Atsankip.

mikkowilson

Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

If we want to sell these outside the Tsawlultxa (we have an official Na'vi word to describe a meetup like this now), and/or offer both designs, we need to come up with a mechanism to take pre-orders. And do it quickly. We need to ensure that any short(s) that get ordered get paid for. And we need to ensure that orders get fulfilled in a timely basis. This should be a limited-time offering, but it could continue a while after the Tsawlultxa.

One concession that could be made for actual Tsawlultxa attendees, is to use a different color shirt, but otherwise the same design. Additional shirts purchased would be in the color offered for general sale. (I know many here, myself included, would likely buy more than one.)

I am willing to help with this somehow.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 26, 2012, 02:13:21 AM
If we want to sell these outside the Tsawlultxa (we have an official Na'vi word to describe a meetup like this now), and/or offer both designs, we need to come up with a mechanism to take pre-orders. And do it quickly. We need to ensure that any short(s) that get ordered get paid for. And we need to ensure that orders get fulfilled in a timely basis. This should be a limited-time offering, but it could continue a while after the Tsawlultxa.

One concession that could be made for actual Tsawlultxa attendees, is to use a different color shirt, but otherwise the same design. Additional shirts purchased would be in the color offered for general sale. (I know many here, myself included, would likely buy more than one.)

Sound advice, ma tsmukan. Good thinking.

Seze Mune

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 26, 2012, 02:13:21 AM

It may depend on cost, whether a different color can be offered for attendees or non-attendees.  I question why the distinction should need to be made, especially since time and money are of the essence here and it would probably simplify logistics to offer one basic color. 

That said, I'm not on the committee so......

Niri Te

Well, I sure hope the powers that be, make up their minds up SOON, Ateyo and I are going to spend the first week or ten days of July, on our "Mountain Land" up in the mountains of south central New Mexico, where it is filled with 200 foot tall Pines, and Firs, and absolutely ZERO CELLPHONE (Read NO internet) coverage, unless we go down to Ruidoso, so we will know NOTHING of "AVATAR NATION" till we come back down out of the mountains, some time around the tenth. Even if they HAVE managed to put up a cell tower, I am not going to be hot on the idea of bringing "technology" up the mountain with me.
Niri Te

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Niri te, I like your thinking. I just spent three short days at Great Basin National park, doing astronomy, minor repairs to stuff, hiking, fellowshipping and relaxing. Although the internet is a handy tool for modern astronomical observing, it was good to be away from it for a few days.

As far as the T-shirt colors go, it is easy to print multiple color shirts in an order as long as the design doesn't change. In fact, an alternative idea would be to offer several colors and let they buyers choose their colors. This might even be doable for attendees, although I still slightly favor the idea of actual attendees walking away with something unique. Offering different colors has to be something set up during the preorder process, though.

Yawey ngahu!

Niri Te

The different on Friday, colors sounds cool, but might be a logistical nightmare, this close to the meetup. I get my Retirement check on Friday, and there is a Jazz and BBQ fest on Saturday and Sunday. We will be up there for that, and then just stay "up on the mountain", where the temps will be in the upper 70's, while the temps at our Texas place, will be in the low 100's. ANOTHER reason to spend a week up here. By the time we come back down, (about the time that the Meetup starts), the temps will have broken to the low to mid nineties for the year, June is our hottest month, sometimes it stretches into the first week of July.
Niri Te

Prrton

A note on the line in Na'vi under the illustration:

I discussed this with Karyu Pawl for his sage advice and this is what he suggests:

'Awstengyäpoleiem.

You may ask, "What does it mean and why?"

His personal translation is:

We have happily united ourselves.

The "We" (which would be awnga) is understood from the illustration in "One of the People".

He likes the fact that it's a one word sentence; a very Na'vi-like use of a pre-existing verb in the dictionary ('awstengyem (to bring/bind two or more things together)).

If you have further questions about the grammar, please PM me.

Seze Mune

Blue Elf

Quote from: Prrton on June 27, 2012, 11:42:37 AM
If you have further questions about the grammar, please PM me.

Law nìtam, ma Prrton, kea tìkin a law si nì'ul..
I like this text too
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I discussed this with Karyu Pawl for his sage advice and this is what he suggests:

'Awstengyäpoleiem.

I read this very slightly differently, as 'Connected!'.
Fì'u sunu oeru!

Yawey ngahu!

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on June 27, 2012, 03:13:21 PM

'Awstengyäpoleiem.

I read this very slightly differently, as 'Connected!'.
Fì'u sunu oeru!

I think they are one and the same.

BTW, I like the word.