Wall of the People

Started by Reykoveyzä te Werufalä Haflak'ite, February 25, 2012, 05:37:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reykoveyzä te Werufalä Haflak'ite

So even though I'm not going to the 2012 meetup, I had a really good idea for what those who are going can do.

Has anyone ever seen brother bear? There is a wall on there where all the members of the tribe place their handprints (or pawprints, in the bears case) and I thought maybe we should have a Wall of the People (feel free to translate that into Na'vi)  ;D

It's actually fairly easy to make a realistic handprint by only pressing 3 fingers and the thumb to the paper - hrh, I have actually tried it.

You could have different colours ect, and everyone could write their Na'vi / tawtute name under their handprint. It could carry on for following years...Just to document the way our tribe grows. It cpuld become our tradition  :)

People could also take the opportunity to put inikmaya/clan acceptance marks onto themselves and others.
Irayo, ma frapo, ma oeyä smuke sì ma oeyä smukan.
Vivar 'ivong Na'vi! Eywa ayngahu!

*if i make a mistake in any of my Na'vi, please correct me :)

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Hm, that sounds pretty cool. Only thing is that it would require even more supplies/funds and we're still try to raise money for the meet up. If we meet our goal we might be able to get this in the works but right now I can't make a promise.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Just for for paper?

And I think people will have leftover paint any way....bodypaint, but still

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

This is a great idea, and should not cost much at all. This would also be a good 'craft' project, and something the EMP folks might be interested in.

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

True, it shouldn't cost too much. Sorry, being in the sitch I am my first thought is usually always money.

-Txonä Rolyu

Human No More

Interesting idea - what would we do it with?
"I can barely remember my old life. I don't know who I am any more."

HNM, not 'Human' :)

Na'vi tattoo:
1 | 2 (finished) | 3
ToS: Human No More
dA
Personal site coming soon(ish

"God was invented to explain mystery. God is always invented to explain those things that you do not understand."
- Richard P. Feynman

Just some paper and paint. Shouldn't be hard. Hey fellow planners, what do y'all think of this?

-Txonä Rolyu

AketuanNavi

I really like the idea. cheap, simple, fun.   :)

mikkowilson

Do like.

HNM; I can think of 3 things to "do with it" off the top of my head:
1) If it's not too big; do it as a EMP event and offer it to go "on tour" with the exhibit allowing anyone who wishes to add a handprint?
2) It could travel with someone to the next Avatar Meet, and the next; giving people opportunity to add to it in the future. Almost like a "clan record" of everyone.
3) We could send it to LSE ... with that new production facility they've got, I'll bet they've got some open wall space looking for decorations.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

I think option 2 is what the OP had in mind. Option 1 is intriguing, but I bet it would fill up very quickly. I'm not sure about option 3, but it would be a reminder to them that there is a living, active 'Na'vi community' out there. (LSE = LightStorm Entertainment, I suspect.)

The paper for this could be any kind of durable (=capable of being easily rolled repeatedly up without damage) paper. An artist's supply, or perhaps the large paper sheets often used as cheap, temporary set backdrops (there really are such things as 'cardboard sets'!). For paint, I would consider fingerpainting paint, 'tempra paint' that you mix from a powder, or a cheap grade of acrylic paint (more durable, but more expensive, and available in fewer colors). Bright colors would be best, or else ta'lengean.

Yawey ngahu!

mikkowilson

Yeah, LSE = Lightstorm Entertainment.

Fingerprinting paint would probably work well.
We want to stay clear of any sort of Latex paint, as that can have allergy issues.

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

AketuanNavi

I like the idea of the traveling wall, taking it to future meetups and such.

No matter what we decide it does need to be durable plastic/paper.

Alan

Like a Na'vi's tail, I'm always behind!

This is an excellent idea!  In fact it has been banded about elsewhere about having a 'Well wishes poster' that gets signed by the attendees with messages for forwarding to the Avatar film crew.  The concept was to get a poster done, something A2 or A1 size, with an 'Avatar' style border and leave it open for people to fill in over the weekend at their leisure.

The idea of putting our 'Na'vi' hand prints on it is txantsan!  I guess we would need more paper space to fit everyone's hands on as I suspect 30 to 40 handprints would take up quite a lot of space.  But I'm sure it would be do-able.  Blue paper with white hand prints?  :-\

We could send one each year to LightStorm to fill up their new 'volume' ;)

Alan

CyanRachel

Ooo, I like those poster ideas, Alan! Sounds like a plan.  :D
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Quote from: Alan on March 09, 2012, 02:08:07 PM
Like a Na'vi's tail, I'm always behind!

This is an excellent idea!  In fact it has been banded about elsewhere about having a 'Well wishes poster' that gets signed by the attendees with messages for forwarding to the Avatar film crew.  The concept was to get a poster done, something A2 or A1 size, with an 'Avatar' style border and leave it open for people to fill in over the weekend at their leisure.

The idea of putting our 'Na'vi' hand prints on it is txantsan!  I guess we would need more paper space to fit everyone's hands on as I suspect 30 to 40 handprints would take up quite a lot of space.  But I'm sure it would be do-able.  Blue paper with white hand prints?  :-\

We could send one each year to LightStorm to fill up their new 'volume' ;)

Alan
Blue hands on white or off-white paper makes more sense to me.

Yawey ngahu!

Alan

Well, it's a cracking idea and certainly is a way of having a connection between the film makers and the fans who appreciate their creativty and hard work.  We're are going to have to make this happen one way or another for sure.

Alan

*cheers* yes! people like my idea! ;D

Tsmuketsamsiyu

i'll do this too.. i'll apply a moist sealant that won't let it crack and peel after with the airbrushing

Ateyo Te Syaksyuk

Ma Reyko!!! Should we send these to you? Are you collecting them?  Cn you get permission to post them on a wall at the convention center?  It is a very cool idea.

Are there established iknamaya glyphs?
Where can I find out more about the Iknamaya ceremony?
(flying an ikran would be emblem enoughfor me!!!!)

Ta  ATEYO

Quote from: Ateyo Te Syaksyuk on April 24, 2012, 05:21:01 PM
Ma Reyko!!! Should we send these to you? Are you collecting them?  Cn you get permission to post them on a wall at the convention center?  It is a very cool idea.
Are there established iknamaya glyphs?
Where can I find out more about the Iknamaya ceremony?
(flying an ikran would be emblem enoughfor me!!!!)
Ta  ATEYO

srane ma ateyo, it would be awesome if you could send me a photo of it  ;D

the inikmaya symbol was just the one from the film. you know the helmet/headband things ikran maktoyu wear? when jake and those other na'vi are on their inikmaya, they had the shape of the headbands painted on their foreheads in orange, like a downward pointing arrow with a dot in the middle.

i dont know about permission to post them on the wall at the convention centre, but it would be good if you could, keyfak?