World Affairs

Started by ExLibrisMortis, February 20, 2012, 11:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

`Eylan Ayfalulukanä

Ateyo and Niri Te have bailed due to problems they are having.

That leaves just me and DJ Makto from this group.

And what is to become of Avatar Nation at the meetup.

Will there still be a meetup??  :-\

Yawey ngahu!
pamrel si ro [email protected]

Alan

Sorry to here things have gone a bit wobbly for folks.  But if it makes you feel any better, travel in the UK is hellishly expensive no matter what form of transport you take.  A gallon of gas/petrol over here in th UK would cost you $10.63!!!  Yeah, you've got it good over your way.

As Mikko has already mentioned, now is the time to book flights/trains/buses.  I kinda missed the boat by one week getting my tickets for the flight.  One week £818, following week £964!!!

As for will there still be a meet up?  HELL YEAH!!!  Where there is a will there is a way.

Eywa ngahu ma eylan,

Alan

Niri Te

Ma Alan,
  Ateyo and I have NOT cancelled our hotel reservations yet. We are trying to see if there i anything that will shake out of this. We doubt it seriously, and will cancel our reservation next month if we can not figure a way for us to get up there on the cheap. We MAY be able to get our friend's old 250 c.c. Chinese built motorcycle registered and running. If I can get it to run, and we allow enough time for the trip at an average speed of 45MPH, staying in fleabag motels where you bring the bike INSIDE the first floor room with you at night, AND I can keep it glued together for the trip up, the thing gets a little better that 50 MPG, even loaded to the MAX with just Ateyo, myself, and a smalL back pack of underwear and socks. 9If we did it, we would be coming up as ourselves, and probably not even let you guys know that we were there, but would post photos AFTER we made it home.
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

DJ Makto

Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on March 08, 2012, 03:29:28 PM

I am still committed unless there is a dramatic drop in attendees--or something unexpected comes up at work. As far as I know there are still a few folks from Avatar Nation attending so nothing has changed too much in that department.

Txonä Unil Stä'nìyu Rolyusì

Quote from: DJ Makto on March 08, 2012, 07:19:55 PM
Quote from: `Eylan Ayfalulukanä on March 08, 2012, 03:29:28 PM

I am still committed unless there is a dramatic drop in attendees--or something unexpected comes up at work. As far as I know there are still a few folks from Avatar Nation attending so nothing has changed too much in that department.

I'm still planning on coming.

-Txonä Rolyu

AvatarMeet was fantastic. Thanks to all who attended :D

Na'vi Kintrrä #70° :D

Keyeyluke ke tsun livu kea tìnusume

Oeri Uniltìrantokxìl txe'lanit nì'aw takeiuk nì'ul txa' fralo

Fpìl na Na'vi. Plltxe na Na'vi. Tìran na Na'vi. Kame na Na'vi

Alan

Quote from: Niri Te on March 08, 2012, 05:57:11 PM
Ma Alan,
  Ateyo and I have NOT cancelled our hotel reservations yet.... We are trying to see if there i anything that will shake out of this. We doubt it seriously, and will cancel our reservation next month if we can not figure a way for us to get up there on the cheap....

Well, here's hoping you both find a way ma eylan. :)

Quote from: DJ Makto on March 08, 2012, 07:19:55 PM

Well, I'm all paid up now on my flights, shuttle with hotels booked!  So providing something doesn't go 'poo', I'll be there with my video camera again....and possibly something that people can take part in.... nudge, nudge, ;) , ;)

Alan

mikkowilson

Avatar Meet 2012 is booked, and will continue for sure. We have a variety of big projects we are working on, that I can't say much about until we know for sure, but Avatar Meet 2012 will be a huge event that any member of the Avatar family who can, will want to attend.

It's always sad to hear that people can't make it. I wish there was more we could to to help. :(

- Mikko
Mikko Wilson
Juneau, Alaska, USA
[email protected] - www.mikkowilson.com - +1 (907) 321-8387

Niri Te

Well Mikko, if Ateyo and I can't get one of the motorcycles up and running, there is always 2013, and that one, if it IS in "Lost Wages", would be HALF the distance for us to go.
Niri Te
Tokx alu tawtute, Tirea Le Na'vi

CyanRachel

Quote from: mikkowilson on March 09, 2012, 09:48:19 PM
Avatar Meet 2012 is booked, and will continue for sure. We have a variety of big projects we are working on, that I can't say much about until we know for sure, but Avatar Meet 2012 will be a huge event that any member of the Avatar family who can, will want to attend.

It's always sad to hear that people can't make it. I wish there was more we could to to help. :(

- Mikko

That's all great to hear, Mikko!  :D
And yes, it's a shame some can't make it to the meet-up...wish we could help.
Your love shines the way into paradise.
Avatar Ten Year Anniversary (Dec 18, 2009 - Dec 18, 2019)