verbal inffix <ev>

Started by damp, January 01, 2010, 12:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

damp

I was looking at the dictionary and saw that word:
kìyevame: n. good-bye, see you soon

k.ìy.ev.ame : kame = see, <ìy> = immediate future tense verbal infix and <ev>,someone know the meaning of <ev>  ?
kaltxí ngaru lu fpom srak?

Taronyu

We just covered this actually, with little conclusivity.

http://forum.learnnavi.org/index.php?topic=700.0

Let me know if you have more thoughts.

damp

I don't know if this infix had already appeared here, but I found another infix <el>, do you know waht means or speculete something ?

Taronyu

Quote from: damp on January 01, 2010, 02:43:33 PM
I don't know if this infix had already appeared here, but I found another infix <el>, do you know waht means or speculete something ?

Where are you finding that? I haven't run across that one, yet.

damp

The site: http://movieblog.ugo.com/movies/paul-frommer-interview

I don't know if it's a reliable source, but I think so, it's an interview with paul frommer. The part that hava the <el> is that:

Well, there's a root called "taron" (pronounced "gad'on") which means "hunt." If you want to modify that to mean "hunting has been completed," to add a past tense or future tense or imperfect aspect, rather than putting something at the beginning or end, you put something right after the "t" – so various forms appear: "tovaron, telaron, tusaron, tairon" – that is relatively rare in human language. And that was really fun to do.

And, only now I realized that have another infixe that I don't knew: <ov>

Taronyu

Ah, I see. Yeah, we just don't know. He's only used them there. It's very disappointing.  >:(

Maybe some day. :)

omängum fra'uti

At one point I'd listed out all the infixes we know exist without knowing what they mean, or know should exist but don't know.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

txura utral

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on January 01, 2010, 04:02:27 PM
At one point I'd listed out all the infixes we know exist without knowing what they mean, or know should exist but don't know.

That sounds useful. I will now proceed to find the thread in which you posted this. Thanks in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back from a long and fruitless search. Could not find your post. Could you put a link to it in here? I've actually been looking for a post that lists the verbal infixes for a long time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taronyu has saved the day again. I just found his document on verbal infixes, so there's no need to post one here. Irayo, ma Taronyu.
Na'viti ayngal nume, ayskxawng!
Learn your Na'vi, morons!

I apologize in advance for my grammar.

Alìm Tsamsiyu

Not to necro the thread, but just as a reference for those who may come here looking for answers:

http://forum.learnnavi.org/language-updates/another-email-from-frommer/
Oeyä ayswizawri tswayon alìm ulte takuk nìngay.
My arrows fly far and strike true.