Death Note

Started by Tsepxor, April 01, 2010, 09:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsepxor

For the first time yesterday night, I watched an anime. I had always thought that I'd never be into it, especially as I hate english dubs but also dislike subtitled things.

However, I managed to pull myself into watching it and I think I'm hooked now :O

I sat and watched all 37 episodes of Death Note and loved every minute :D

Is this win?
Discuss!

-Tsepxor

<MulleDK19> Yesterday I started with "A man was walking along the road, and suddenly got hit by a wheelchair going 250 miles per hour"
<MulleDK19> it ended with: "Death of a wheelchair - On the road since 1250"

Taronyu

I told you man! I told you IN PERSON.

Glad you listened.

That is a friggen amazing anime. You should come to anime night! Make friends in the center! We're cool.

Étienne

Meh it's alright.

The ending is kinda...obvious.

Tsepxor

I'll come to the next anime night, just tell me when it is :D

Watching Fullmetal Alchemist next!

<MulleDK19> Yesterday I started with "A man was walking along the road, and suddenly got hit by a wheelchair going 250 miles per hour"

Étienne

Quote from: Tsepxor on April 02, 2010, 03:01:05 PM

Make sure it's Brother in blood or w/e

Nanaki

Death Note was amazing, I saw episodes 2 times :P

Quote from: Étienne on April 02, 2010, 04:19:11 PM
Quote from: Tsepxor on April 02, 2010, 03:01:05 PM

Make sure it's Brother in blood or w/e

FMA is awesome too, I really love this anime ! I'm looking Brotherhood right now (ep. 50) :D

'Itan Atxur : Just remember, NO idea is too crazy <3

Then everything changed ... I fell in love. I fell in love with the - with the forest, with the Omaticaya people... with you...
Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad... VERY sad only!

Tsepxor

Finished FMA.

Next was Howl's Moving Castle and now I've just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion ^^

Why did I not know of these before! :(

Kìte'eyä Aungia

Death Note was great, but I thought the second half was kind of drawn out and pointless. We don't get much new character development, and it really just deals with the same themes that were done better in the first half. I didn't really like the ending or many of the characters introduced in the second half either, but that's just me.

If you liked Death Note, you'll probably also like Code Geass. Similar styles and protagonist/antihero/tragic hero/???. Strangely enough, it also turns into a complete train wreck in the second season.

Étienne

Quote from: Tsepxor on April 09, 2010, 06:17:53 PM
Finished FMA.

Next was Howl's Moving Castle and now I've just finished watching Neon Genesis Evangelion ^^

Why did I not know of these before! :(

Oh man...that movie sucks.

Tsuksìm atsawl (KaPTan)

Also a member of the podcast known as Avatar Nation.  Come listen to our stuff! like us on facebook and chech out our blog at Avatar-Nation.net.

Tsepxor

My list so far:

Death Note
Fullmetal Alchemist
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Howl's Moving Castle
Black Cat
Elfen Lied

Next up is Bleach

Novo

Glad you fount into ANime.
And started with DN :)

I can also promise you:
DNAngel, Shakugan no Shana, Bleach, ...
"So wird das immer gemacht! Wenn man etwas haben will macht man sich einen Feind!
Und dies rechtfertigt dann dass du es dir nehmen kannst!" - Jake Sully

Eana Tanhì

i downloaded the DN and will start watch it today... so i'm asking you is it that good that i won't sleep tonight b/c i'm gonna watch every episode?  :D
because if it is that good, i'll wait after this week and watch it after my school is over  :P

Dreams die first because people give them up so easily...

Lorey

Quote from: Kìte'eyä Aungia on April 09, 2010, 08:43:31 PM
Death Note was great, but I thought the second half was kind of drawn out and pointless. We don't get much new character development, and it really just deals with the same themes that were done better in the first half. I didn't really like the ending or many of the characters introduced in the second half either, but that's just me.

I agree totally. I lost interest later on. After
I lost interest because I think that was what drew you in and if he was ever gonna catch him and such.

Elektrolurch

So I must watch it. ::) ;D
Volt, Watt, Ampere, Ohm, ohne mich gibt's keinen Strom!

Eana Unil

I just finished watching Death Note... again... (2nd time)

Keftxo, keftxo, keftxo nì'aw.  :(

Eltusiyu

I haven't seen Death note but I read all the comic books and ejoyed them a lot. At the moment I don't see a point to do this.

The Story was great, I accepted the Ending but expecting
L is my favourite character of them all. This guy was amazing :D

Kxangangang! - Oeyä Pìlok leNa'vi

Previously called Kxrekorikus