Elfen Lied

Started by Eanikran, February 09, 2012, 09:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eanikran

Anybody seen/read it? I've never really been much into anime, but this one really got to me big time. I watched the anime, didn't read the manga, but I heard there's some differences. I highly recommend it, it has an awesome story. lots of violence though but not the stupid mindless pointless kind. It tells the story of Lucy, sje is a Diclonius, who are born with extra 'arms' called vectors that can slice through just about anything and can't normally be seen because they're so fast. She is held captive in a government facility and experimented on along with a few others of her kind. So she escapes the place after getting hit by a sniper which causes her to lose all her memory, then gets taken in by two unsuspecting college students.

I won't go any further than that cause of spoilers  ;)

ExLibrisMortis

This is actually the only Anime I own. Or ever considered buying. I like it alot.

Hawnuyu atxen

Yup, watched and read it... and to cut the long story short, the usual "manga is way better" thing occures. Imagine about the double of the story shown in the anime ;) (and some minor things left out, like... thought i'd tell? ;D)

Though the vectors not being visible isn't because they are so fast... they're just invisible (there are only two cases in which they can be seen, and that in itself is a big spoiler, though Mariko's vectors were in the anime)

So i hardly recommend reading the manga. Goes more into details, has double of the story, and it does have an end (a pretty awesome one too, i shall say).

Oh, and if you decide not to read it... well.. "That's cheating, isn't it?" ;)
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Payoang

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on February 09, 2012, 09:49:18 PM
This is actually the only Anime I own. Or ever considered buying. I like it alot.

Same here! Granted, even the box set only contains the episodes (no commentary, behind the scenes, anything) but it was totally worth the $30. The music is just fantastic too.

ExLibrisMortis

Quote from: Payoang on February 10, 2012, 10:06:48 AM

Same here! Granted, even the box set only contains the episodes (no commentary, behind the scenes, anything) but it was totally worth the $30. The music is just fantastic too.

$30? I paid only $10 for mine lol

Eanikran

Quote from: ExLibrisMortis on February 10, 2012, 10:30:02 AM
Quote from: Payoang on February 10, 2012, 10:06:48 AM

$30? I paid only $10 for mine lol
where'd you get yours? mine was 30 too ::) It'd be pretty sweet to have a rerelease on blue ray, they have all the episodes up for download on PSN but they're all SD.

I haven't been able to find the manga anywhere, I saw somewhere it's not printed in the US cause of the content  ;D

Hawnuyu atxen

Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 10, 2012, 10:34:37 AM
I haven't been able to find the manga anywhere, I saw somewhere it's not printed in the US cause of the content  ;D

I won't ruin the mood by saying that you can read it online ;)
If you're okay with reading it online, than LINK

The only (but quite frustrating) problem with it is that there are some (as i recall there're 2) chaps among the later ones in which the pages are all mixed up... wouldn't be much of a problem, if there wasn't like 3 scenes in it, making you piece it together what's happening :P

But still better than nothing :)
"Hrrap rä'ä si olo'ur smuktuä." ; "Ke'u ke lu ngay. Frakemit tung." (Assassin's Creed)

Nikre tsa'usìn!

Eanikran

Quote from: Hawnuyu atxen on February 10, 2012, 01:37:44 PM
Quote from: Eanikran te Txuronyu Ateyo'itan on February 10, 2012, 10:34:37 AM

I won't ruin the mood by saying that you can read it online ;)
If you're okay with reading it online, than LINK

The only (but quite frustrating) problem with it is that there are some (as i recall there're 2) chaps among the later ones in which the pages are all mixed up... wouldn't be much of a problem, if there wasn't like 3 scenes in it, making you piece it together what's happening :P

But still better than nothing :)
woo! Irayo :D

Hawnuyu atxen

Nikre tsa'usìn!