Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Started by ShadowMainZERO, September 24, 2010, 01:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowMainZERO

Ah, TTGL. Best. Anime. Ever. No exceptions. Created by StudioGainax in order to first parody Super Robot anime then exorsise the angst demon that had overtaken the genre thanks to their very own Neon Genesis Evangelion. Want to know how epic it is? Take the Memetic Badass Chuck Norris and multiply that by a factor of 9.99*10^9^9^9^9 and you'd be getting close. You can watch the entire series on YouTube, Anime Freak, Netflix instant, and Hulu. The ending somewhat pissed me off though.

Fun Fact: If you change the title to Tengen Toppa Guren Ragan you get "Heaven Piercing, Crimson Lotus, Spiral Stone".

Some quotes:

"Go beyond the impossible and kick reason to the curb! That's the way team (Dai-)Gurren rolls!" ~ Kamina

"Don't believe in yourself! Believe in me who believes in you!" ~ Kamina

"Yours is the drill that will pierce the heavens!" ~ Kamina

"Who the hell do you think we ARE?!?!?" ~ Dai-Gurren Dan

"Finishing move! Giga... DRILL... BREEEEAAAAK(EEEEEEEEEEER)!" ~ Simon, Kamina

"I'm going to tell you something important now, so you better dig the wax out of those huge ears of yours, and listen! The reputation of Team Gurren echoes far and wide... When they talk about its bad ass leader, the man of indomitable spirit and masculinity, they're talking about me! The Mighty Kamina!"~ Kamina

"My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's right there on my back, and here in my heart! HE LIVES ON AS A PART OF ME!  If you're gonna dig, dig for the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop! Once I've dug through, it means that I've won! Who the hell do you think I am?! I'm Simon! I'm not my bro! I'm ME!! Simon the digger!" ~ Simon

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe! And that hole will be a path for those behind us! The dreams of those who've fallen! The hopes of those who'll follow! Those two sets of dreams weave together in a double helix! Drilling a path towards tomorrow! And that's Tengen Toppa! That's Gurren Lagann!! My drill is the drill...THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!!!" ~ Simon

Simon: Don't underestimate us! We don't care about Time or Space or multi-dimensional whatevers! We don't give a damn about that! Force your way down a path you choose to take and do it all yourself, that's the way Team Dai-Gurren rolls!
Nia: Even when trapped by Karma's cycle,
Yoko: The dreams we left behind will open the door!
Leeron: Even if the Universe stands in our way,
Viral: Our seething blood will determine what will be!
Simon: We'll break through time and space!
All: And defy all who would stop us to grab hold of our path!
Simon: Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!
All: WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!

EDIT: Yes, my post is basically a love letter to it.

Come join the adventure in Strange Lands: A Pandoran RP!

The ultimate power is found in the incorruptible light hidden deep in the darkness. You must delve into the darkest part of your heart and find that light. Once you do, never let go of it. Remember: Your heart is the greatest weapon of all.