Math help (Archived)

Started by Vawm tsamsiyu, February 22, 2011, 12:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vawm tsamsiyu

Where is a good place to get better at math? I need to take a GED test for collage but there's some stuff on the practice test that I never learned in highschool or forgot and need some practice/help
they killed the [you] tag

Swoka Ikran

The best way to learn math (and remember it) is to practice...a lot. If you need to find out how to solve a particular type of problem, try googling the question. Odds are that someone's solved it and explained their method and work. I spent quite a bit of time doing this when studying for SATs...

Also, there are plenty of math websites that have help resources (things like "Ask Dr. Math"s archives)

What kind of stuff are you having trouble with? What kind of questions are they?
2010 was the year of the Na'vi.Vivar 'ivong Na'vi!

Avatray | NWOTD Sigbars | Sacred's Sigbar Tool | My collection of Avatar merchandise

'Oma Tirea

Quote from: Swoka Ikran on February 22, 2011, 03:55:08 PM
What kind of stuff are you having trouble with? What kind of questions are they?
*is eager to assist* ;D

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ → Search for any math-related topic and get a good, brief overview there :)

This site and this one are like the encyclopædiæ to math (and for the second website mentioned, more than math) :D

Really, math is a lot more predictable than people think sometimes....

[img]http://swokaikran.skxawng.lu/sigbar/nwotd.php?p=2b[/img]

ÌTXTSTXRR!!

Srake serar le'Ìnglìsìa lì'fyayä aylì'ut?  Nari si älofoniru rutxe!!

Vawm tsamsiyu

Irayo, I'll look around at these sites and see if I can understand it better  :)
And so far my biggest challenge is solving equations properly.  :-\

Tsamsiyu Atsteu

I'm with you ma tsmukan... I am horrible at math. I hate it and it scares me.
To live in the past is to die in the present.

Vawm tsamsiyu

I hate it when I think Im doing it right and find out I was waaay off and don't know why. But I couldn't get help from the teacher either

Yayo

I understand that I am late to this, but if you like, you could tell me what you're having troubles with.. I'm sure Sxkxawng could help as well.

Yayo on facebook
Skxaypxe: callofdoty95

Vawm tsamsiyu

Mostly solving equations, doing things in the right order and other little things like there's a "5x" and a "3x" on the same side you can add them and just have "8x"

Yayo

Okay. Yes, that just requires practice.

Yayo on facebook

Yayo

Locked and Archived for future reference.

Yayo on facebook