Art and sculpture by Hontor

Started by Hontor, January 27, 2013, 12:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Elf

Wonderful work - it's hard to say anything more.....
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Hontor

Blue Elf, Tìtstewan, Vawmataw, Hahaw, thank you)

And this creatures is for my friend and co-author Lev Polonsky, it's creatures of his worlds.

Blue Elf

Very interesting creatures!
First one looks like it smiles :)
Second one reminds me Medusa from Greek mythology
And last one is something between sheep and tiger :)

Toliman

Txantsan!

That sheep-tiger ( ;D) is nice!

And yes, second sculpture is almost as head of Medusa

Hontor

Ha-ha, this "sheep-tiger" is frato, semi-intelligent species in Nimraa world.
They were often travel companions and rideable animals (offtopic - mounts this is the right use of the word here, or not?). This is large hoofed predators. "Tentacles" replace hands.
We have many entries about these creatures, but all in Russian (I too hardly know English so interesting and nice to talk about them ... But this is really amazing creatures.

My art baby frato (in sculpture baby too):

Adult fratos by Lev Polonsky (Atanata):

Ball play:

With branch:

In a rock:

Toliman

Ah, so frato  :) This looks as very interesting
Very nice art ma Hontor!  :)

Hontor

Toliman, thank you))

And bit more about Liontari. Sorry for bad translate  :(

One of the originals liontari was a lion. Liontari's image associated with the concepts of the afterlife. Liontari - conductor and companion in the afterlife. He can pick up the man there on the orders of the gods. But he has also protects the peace of the dead, so people often put the lion statues on the graves. Image of liontari's masks met in the crypts. Sometimes fabric with liontari hung over the bed of the dying.
Liontari could take many guises. Remained unchanged only gold mask over toothed mouth. People rumor converge in only one: the liontari's body is completely black, like smoke or oil.

Other Liontaries:

And about Medusa - it's fun coincidence, humans who came into the world Nimraa, were mostly ancient Greeks. They are partially preserved the memory of their culture. Many animals and the realities of the new world are named after the ancient Greek gods.

Toliman

Quote from: Hontor on June 26, 2015, 06:00:01 PM
And about Medusa - it's fun coincidence, humans who came into the world Nimraa, were mostly ancient Greeks. They are partially preserved the memory of their culture. Many animals and the realities of the new world are named after the ancient Greek gods.

Really fun (and for me very nice) coincidence - because I like Greek mythology  :) Head of liontari really strongly reminds head of Medusa.
Very nice and interesting  :)

Hontor

Toliman, I like Greek mythology too:) And Egyptian.

For you - it's a sample of Greek art, showing the realities of the new world in the old style. Stilized frato and new "bull" like a shard pitcher. Art by Atanata.

Toliman

Txantsan  :) Irayo ma Hontor

This is also very nice  :)

Hontor

Mechanical vrima (finished today):

Police badge with wounded vrima. This animal was a symbol of crime and violence.

Orogul - animal in Nimraa world.

This all are illustrations for my friend Atanata (Lev Polonsky).

Toliman

Very nice  :)
Mechanical vrima looks interesting.

Blue Elf

Beautiful works! Nimraa world seems to be home of very interesting animals, which often looks like assembly of various Earth animals.
World of fantasy is just great!

Hontor

Toliman, thank you)

Blue Elf, yes, it can be similar to Earth mammals, this world is quite similar to the Earth. Much more differences in the behavior of animals, they have a completely different system of reproduction. For this reason, people with difficulty domesticated native species.

Stilized animals of Nimraa world:

Just little animal:

Big tailed insectivore tsam-tsam with pups. It can be male or female, in Nimraa, both sexes can take care of young. Analogs mammals, they are not fed young with milk. These creatures are the closest thing to a marsupial. They have two brood pouches (on each side of the body). These pouches are more sophisticated than the marsupial mammals on Earth. The inside of the brood pouch is the placenta, where hatched young, the outer part is the hiding place for the grown offspring. Some animals use it to carry useful items or supply of food.

Some animals in the world Nimraa have growths on the neck and back, like the leaves of native plants. Ifrane has not such growths in nature. This is fictional image. Animal with plants or trees on the back is a frequent image in the culture of the people in Nimraa.

Just pet with whimsical growths on his shoulders. It's serves to mating.

Blue Elf

Toliman

This is extremely wonderful!
Very good work ma Hontor  :)

Hontor

Toliman, Blue Elf, thank you all!
I would also like to ask you, is it clear clarification that I write to my pictures? I find it difficult to write in English, but it is a good motivation and a good reason to use a foreign language.

Hontor

Battle with lionar - WIP.

I've tried to draw this plot more than three years ago. I bravely battled with this idea for almost two weeks, but the resulting crawled to lick wounds. I was not able to realize this image.

This does not mean that I gave this drawing. Now, with a new experience, I was able to make a sketch of a sculpture and is now better see this image.

And I will definitely make this picture. Even if it will not happen soon.

It's almost finished sculpture, but I can not wait to stand dries.
This is an important story for me, and I'm glad I was able to do so, as I saw in my head.

Toliman

^ Very nice and impressive  :)

Quote from: Hontor on July 13, 2015, 07:52:24 AM
I would also like to ask you, is it clear clarification that I write to my pictures? I find it difficult to write in English, but it is a good motivation and a good reason to use a foreign language.

For me yes.

Hontor

Toliman, thank you very much!

I so much want to finish it as soon as possible, but I can not, because the stand dry so long :(

It is very, very sad. It's make me crazy.  >:(