Art and sculpture by Hontor

Started by Hontor, January 27, 2013, 12:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Elf

Amazing duel, really.
Quote from: Hontor on July 13, 2015, 07:52:24 AM
I would also like to ask you, is it clear clarification that I write to my pictures? I find it difficult to write in English, but it is a good motivation and a good reason to use a foreign language.

Definitely good idea, explanation is always good.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Kame Ayyo’koti

Your work is so amazing. All the little details, the fur, pads on the feet, the wounds, the expressions... I love seeing it. :) Makes me want to start drawing and painting again. (I used to draw and paint a long time ago.)

How big is this figure? Also, is there a place where you write about this world and tell the stories in it? ??? I would love to read about it.
"Your work is to discover your world, and then with all your heart give yourself to it."

Hontor

Blue Elf, Thank you very much. It's important for me.

Kame Ayyo'koti

QuoteMakes me want to start drawing and painting again. (I used to draw and paint a long time ago.)
It's perfectly! If it helps other people to create it is doubly important to me.

Thank you a lot! Unfortunately, I am from Russia and do not know much English. Friends have done for me several translations. That is, in English, can be found here: http://forum.learnnavi.org/art/esvarra-and-created-worlds-my-own-universe-(art-)/

The size of the sculpture 9.8 inch in length (25 sm).

Hontor

"Fight with lionar" - finished! I'm happy.

Usually a priest chooses a young lionar for the future battle himself. He then trains lionar for the battle and free, independent life in case of a victory. Their relationship is best described as a 'master and apprentice' type relationship, though both of them realize that sooner or later they will have to fight each other to death. 'Keeping distance' and remaining emotionally remote is impossible even for the most self-reserved hayns. Thought staying away from close companionship would be less painful for both sides, they still prefer to get to know each other. To get to know their death.

Lionar knows that there will be a battle since early childhood. A state of denial usually happens in the teenager period. A lionar has a choice to become close to his master or not to. Usually it's the two of them who decide that. Aros stays away from this relationship. Sometimes couples even fall apart for various reasons. In most of the cases, tough, a mutual interest in finding out who is going to be your death takes over. Your death has a face, a name, a personality and a soul. It has no hatred towards you. It has honesty and dignity. In a world where death can be a simple accident it's not the worst option.

It doesn't matter who wins the fight- he is equally a winner and a loser. Every victory is equally joyful and tragic. It is a denial of a personification of good and evil, destruction of a popular paradigm that "good always defeats evil". As a matter of fact, in their societies this paradigm was never even formed. Their world is not divided into "black" and "white". They don't have "good" and "bad", "good" and "evil"... they only have two equally important lives, and that's how it always was.

More photos in Spoiler:

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

Mega - Na'vi - Booklet - Project (One Book to Rule Them All)
Unofficial Na'vi survey
Na'vi - Sign - Language - Project

Na'vi - Language - Book - Project

Toliman

:D NICE  :D

And yes, it's breath-taking.

Tìtstewan

These images are extremely excellent and clearly a masterpiece. :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tstewa Ikrantsyìp

if I wasn't so proud I'd be jealous. HRH
Mega - Na'vi - Booklet - Project (One Book to Rule Them All)
Unofficial Na'vi survey
Na'vi - Sign - Language - Project

Na'vi - Language - Book - Project