Chimera's Art *continued*

Started by ChimerasBlood, November 16, 2012, 08:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChimerasBlood

apologies for being inactive here. School has been busy.
A commission, a painting for school, and a quick concept for Chimera's clothing.
<i>"Oh a monster? perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and just now Kings are dying like flies."</i>
Artblog: http://chimerasart.tumblr.com/

Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Nice new artwork, ma tsmuke, especially the second and third one  :). I really like the abstract, blurry, stoned (:P) feel of the second one and Chimera's just so cool and awesome  :D!
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Kamean

Nice artworks I really like them. :D
Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Tanri

Beautiful!
I like the bird, I can almost hear him asking himself "What is this the end of which I am holding in the beak?" :)
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Then i answer: ``It is ink. It is the ink which is written on the parchment that is my mind. While it is in my mind, it is not my thoughts. Thus my thoughts are not my own. And thus i am not myself. Someone... Something is inside of me... Slowly invading... Taking, stealing what i do not share. Soon it will be the parchment, and i will be the ink. And thus, i will be the thought, the feeling that is not welcome. I will be what does not belong to myself. I will truly be... Alien.´´

Sorry, couldn't help myself. Got kinda mentally stoned and decided to write cryptic nonsense poetry  :P.

ChimerasBlood

hmm interesting thoughts guys :D it's pretty awesome to see my art making you guys think.
Here's two more concept speed paints.
<i>"Oh a monster? perhaps you should speak to me more softly then. Monsters are dangerous and just now Kings are dying like flies."</i>

Kamean

Tìtstewan

Nice!
The first picture reminds me on the snowy mountains of Skyrim.
Also I like the second picture. :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Nice new stuff  :). Are these by any chance environments in your own fictional universe  ????

And the person on the horse on the second one kinda looks like Faolin  :-\.

ChimerasBlood

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on April 15, 2013, 03:12:47 PM
Nice new stuff  :). Are these by any chance environments in your own fictional universe  ????

And the person on the horse on the second one kinda looks like Faolin  :-\.
haha i like you XD So glad someone has picked up on what they're for!
Yes they are, basically i'm brainstorming any ideas that come to mind.
Here's some more stuff that i finished last night. A forest practice piece and an idea of one of the monsters that i'm developing at the moment.

Kamean

Beautiful forest and nice beast. :)

Tanri

Very nice pictures!
That snowy pass did make me feel cold, so I had to hurry over the hills and rest a little in the beautiful colors of the forest clearing... :)
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

Tìtstewan

Very nice pictures! I like that beast (the second picture)! :D
Karma ngaru! (the 100th Karma which I have given! :))

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Good job as always  :). The creature in the second one feels kinda Avatar-ish IMO, kinda looks like a Palulukan  :-\.

ChimerasBlood

here's two more things. my apologies for not being active, school has been busy and i haven't found the time to draw much lately.

Tìtstewan

I like these two pictures! :D
+1 :)

Kamean

Tanri

Thanks for nice pictures, ma Chimera.
They are so different, almost as if were painted by two artists :)
Tätxawyu akì'ong.

ChimerasBlood

Quote from: Tanri on May 22, 2013, 01:17:00 PM
Thanks for nice pictures, ma Chimera.
They are so different, almost as if were painted by two artists :)
I almost took that the wrong way.
Both are by me, just done in different ways. The first one was a rough concept idea done in about 2 hours and was primarily done with texture brushes (leaves/branches etc) while the second was done with a simple round brush which it's opacity (see-throughness) was controlled by the pen pressure of my tablet.