Eana Unil's General Art-Attempt-Attacks

Started by Eana Unil, November 18, 2012, 08:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eana Unil

Kaltxì seiyi ayngar oe :)

I know that I already opened 2 other threads, which contain some of my art (my general Avatar fanart and my Avatar Webcomic), but since I'm a very creative individual and doing not only Avatar-related stuff, I felt like I could open another thread for my general art I'm doing now and then, especially since I've started to "seriously" sculpting some stuff. Because, you know, sharing some of my paintings felt kinda uninteresting even to me, but since I've started to sculpt with Polymer clay and doing imo somewhat huge progress in sculpting, and because I'm planning to create an Avatar BJD of my OC Mäungea sometime in the future, I felt the need to open this topic here. So yeah. Here we are now :)

I sculpted other stuff before, but I never used a Polymer clay for it ever before. Instead I used air-drying paper-clay and was never really satisfied with how it felt and its quality and workability, so I decided to drop this clay and give a good Polymer clay a try. Some days ago I finally got my new clay, Super Sculpey Firm and instantly started sculpting my first sculpture with it. Not only because I wanted to do this sculpture for a long time now, but also because I need to "get to know" this kind of clay and feel comfortable with it, especially when I want to sculpt a very neat and smooth and detailed BJD or two. ^^

So yeah, here I want to share the progress of it with you all :)

The reference is a so called "Sprite Darter", a small and terribly colorful dragonkin from the MMORPG World of Warcraft:

And this is the sculpting-progress so far (ignore the mess on my desk, it's creative chaos ;D):

More progress will follow as soon as I get to continue to work on this one, which will be soon, hopefully :) It's soooo much fun to work with this clay and to sculpt in general... holding a chunk of clay in your hand and creating something more or less pretty out of it is just an awesome feeling and experince. You should try it, too ;D
Sculpting the wings will be HORROR, though, I'm afraid  D:  ;)

Hope you like it so far :) To be continued... ^^

Tìtstewan

Kaltxì ma Eana Unil

Woohhaaa! Greaaat! The dragon looks very good!
And nice chaos (I have the same chaos on my desk  :-[ :P)

I'm very excited, how it will look finished!

- ta Tìtstewan

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

Great! When I saw the first picture, I asked myself, well what she is trying to do? But following pictures showed that work goes well and result on the last picture is just fantastic!
Real small dragon. You are great artist.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Eana Unil

Well... The dragon I posted about here in this thread is still alive, but still unfinished... Will continue to work on it some time soon, but there are some projects which need my whole attention first, such as Layon Yayo, commissions and a self-portrait-illustration I just need to create in order to have the chance to win a Wacom Cintiq graphic tablet... T___T :D

This picture is still in the making, but I'm pretty sure it will turn out well. I hate drawing myself, but art has mercy and so one can alter his self-portrait a bit in order to make himself look a bit better, hrh.

Hope I'll get it done before the deadline is here (July 31st). Cross your fingers for me, please! ;D I just need to win.. T____T

Plumps

*fingers crossed*

That looks just amazing! :o

Whoa  ;D

Tìtstewan

*amazed*

Great! Just great!
Oe sunu fìrel! :D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-

Eana Unil

Irayo nìtxan, ma meylan  :D

Need to continue working on this, but there are still commissions waiting... ugh... Why does a day only got 24 hours ;D

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Blue Elf

Quote from: Eana Unil on June 28, 2013, 08:33:07 PM
Hope I'll get it done before the deadline is here (July 31st). Cross your fingers for me, please! ;D I just need to win.. T____T
fyep mezekwäti oeyä :)
Even if you do not win in real, you win in our eyes! I wish you luck!
QuoteWhy does a day only got 24 hours
well, 24 hrs is sometimes not enough, sometimes too much (in office, even 8 hrs is more than one can accept ;D)

Eana Unil

Well... 1 day before the deadline is here I've finished my contest entry image and also already have added it to the contest collection.

I'm not totally happy with it, but I pray that it is good enough to have at least the chance to win one of three Cintiqs.

Here's the image (big file):

And here the link to my contest entry: http://www.behance.net/competitions/Wacom-Talent-Audition/10576865/10123947

Please cross your fingers (again/still) ;D

Tìtstewan

:o :o :o
Ma oeyä Eywa!

Quote from: Eana Unil on July 30, 2013, 06:24:43 PM
I'm not totally happy with it
What?!
This picture is awesome!! :D

Karma ngaru, ma tsmuke ulte zekwä nefä! :D :D :D

Blue Elf

In my eyes you already won :) Very nice - and karma for you!

Alyara Arati

Seysonìltsan nìngay ma tsmuke!  Truly well done! :)
Learn how to see.  Realize that everything connects to everything else.
~ Leonardo da Vinci

Kamean

Eana Unil

Ftiafpi

Very beautiful, thank you very much for posting this. :)

Eana Unil

:-[

Well, I'm grateful that I may post my stuff here and, on top of that, that you guys like it  :D

Eana Unil

Something new :)

Mutio and that other giant shark creature from Blue Submarine No. 6 - one of my favorite anime... had to draw a tribute finally :D

Caution, it's NSFW, for there's a "bit" of nudity. Hope you don't mind, for one even sees Neytiris nipples in the movie :P

Original image had about 6000x5000px, had to size it down...

Details at 100% view

Hope you like it :)

Tìtstewan

:D
Seysonìltsan!! Suneiu oer tsarel atsawl nìtxan.
Karma ngaru! :D

Kamean

Rel akosman! :D
Irayo seiyi ulte karma ngaru! ;)