Stuff from my brainworlds

Started by Tapeworm, July 25, 2011, 02:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapeworm

yaay, another art thread!

So I go on DA.

But I seem to be more active on FA. I don't really do a whole lot of Na'vi art, but tons of creepy things and anthros. Go ahead, take a look. They're just drawings.

------
EDIT:
I'm not very active on DA anymore, and honestly don't care for the place, so you can also look at
my FA or follow my art on
Tumblr (I'm still working on putting more stuff up there, so please bare with me)
Kxangangang! re'o tem!

Ftxavanga Txe′lan

Oh wow, EPIC! I've never seen anything like that, it's awesome. :) What is your inspiration for the creatures you draw? You say "anthros", is that related to anthropology? :-[

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Agreed with Ftxavanga  :)! Who's the character you seem to draw the most, this guy/gal, Tape:

He/She reminds me quite a bit of a Tibetan demon  :-\

Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tapeworm

Quote from: Ftxavanga Txe′lan on July 25, 2011, 07:01:11 AM
Oh wow, EPIC! I've never seen anything like that, it's awesome. :) What is your inspiration for the creatures you draw? You say "anthros", is that related to anthropology? :-[

nah, it's short for anthropomorphic.
My inspiration comes from ancient egyptian art, skulls and other dead things, the music I listen to (it's mostly classic rock, some trip hop, spiritual, and industrial), and space.
Kxangangang! re'o tem!

Tapeworm

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on July 26, 2011, 07:42:54 AM
Agreed with Ftxavanga  :)! Who's the character you seem to draw the most, this guy/gal, Tape:

He/She reminds me quite a bit of a Tibetan demon  :-\

Tape's (short for Tapeworm) is my 'sona (Not sure what to call him, because he's not human, and has no fur). He's a species from my head (actually a mix of 2 of them, but one isn't as dominant as the other) called a Schizoid (like after the mental disorder.), in their natural language, they're called Pam'zivue.

Kxangangang! re'o tem!

Kamean

Tse'a ngal ke'ut a krr fra'uti kame.

Teylar Ta Palulukankelku

Quote from: Tapeworm on July 28, 2011, 12:00:26 AM
Agreed with Ftxavanga  :)! Who's the character you seem to draw the most, this guy/gal, Tape:

He/She reminds me quite a bit of a Tibetan demon  :-\.  

Tape's (short for Tapeworm) is my 'sona (Not sure what to call him, because he's not human, and has no fur). He's a species from my head (actually a mix of 2 of them, but one isn't as dominant as the other) called a Schizoid (like after the mental disorder.), in their natural language, they're called Pam'zivue.

Why do you call his species Schizoids  ???? Are they schizophrenic  ???  (:P)?

I assume ``'sona´´ is ``Fursona´´ without the ``Fur-´´, since he, like you said, has no fur  ???  (:P)?

IMO he reminds me of a Tibetan demon due to him having three eyes and those kind of ``boar-fangs´´. He also has many reptile characteristics like the tail, the head-shape and eye color.

Hmm... ``Pam'zivue´´... Sounds quite Na'vi if you ask me  :).
Set oe slolu Kxitx, hifkeyä ska'ayu

The spam section: Where the random s**t happens ;D.

I can't deny it: I'm a smiley addict ;D.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tapeworm

Quote from: Teylar Ta Palulukankelku on July 29, 2011, 08:48:51 AM
Quote from: Tapeworm on July 28, 2011, 12:00:26 AM
Agreed with Ftxavanga  :)! Who's the character you seem to draw the most, this guy/gal, Tape:

He/She reminds me quite a bit of a Tibetan demon  :-\.  

Why do you call his species Schizoids  ???? Are they schizophrenic  ???  (:P)?

I assume ``'sona´´ is ``Fursona´´ without the ``Fur-´´, since he, like you said, has no fur  ???  (:P)

IMO he reminds me of a Tibetan demon due to him having three eyes and those kind of ``boar-fangs´´. He also has many reptile characteristics like the tail, the head-shape and eye color.

Hmm... ``Pam'zivue´´... Sounds quite Na'vi if you ask me  :).

Yes, 'sona is a furless fursona.

Schizophrenia is actually quite rare, but other disorders are quite common, mostly the schizoid personality disorder. The name Pam'zivue is a reference to this, it means insane head. I never really noticed how close to a Tibetan demon before. I love how they look.

The name Pam'zivue is in my own language (just in case you couldn't figure that out..) it's called Zadu, and yes there are many words that sound very na'vi-ish. There are others that sound very german too.
Kxangangang! re'o tem!

Hashe

Finally I can watch your pictures. Many of them strange, but they are really wonderful, keep on drawing, you do well!

P.S.: Maybe I'm not right, but I don't think you should name the thread "This is awesome" it reminds me a little bit of "Everyone here!". Look how everyone named they own topics. Please, rename it to a something proper, that contains idea of your drawings or name of yours. Thank you.

Tapeworm

Quote from: Hashe on August 08, 2011, 08:01:19 AM
Finally I can watch your pictures. Many of them strange, but they are really wonderful, keep on drawing, you do well!

P.S.: Maybe I'm not right, but I don't think you should name the thread "This is awesome" it reminds me a little bit of "Everyone here!". Look how everyone named they own topics. Please, rename it to a something proper, that contains idea of your drawings or name of yours. Thank you.

I called it "this is awesome" because I love the fact that there's an art board on here.
I probably will change it though, because for a moment, I thought the same thing.
Kxangangang! re'o tem!