basically the Corpus read at youtube

Started by edmoreira, December 24, 2009, 05:10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edmoreira

Antony

Thanks for posting this. It will be useful to beginners to hear how words sound. Good vid :)

Beduino

Irayo! Helped me a lot, now I know I'm going in the right direction :D
tsun ngal tslam fì'uti srak?

edmoreira

Thanks for your comments guys, I'm gonna try to continue to post vids as the Corpus grows. I think my strength with this language is pronunciation but I still need to work on it. The word "sngeltseng" is so hard to pronounce! I can't wait 'til we have a comprehensive grammar available!
Ayftxozä lefpom!

Nuruhuine

Very nice video edmoreira, very well done :)
I listened to it a few times and it definitely helps :)

Irayo tsumkan!
Eywa ngahu.

-Nuru.

Tolaro´ni´tirea

Irayo

this definitly helps, but it has an bad quality (i mean the noise in the background)

Kaltxi, aysmúkan, aysmuké

txum tukru

yeah, can you possibly improve sound quality? irayo
pesu nga?          "who are you?"
Oe lu toktor.       "the Doctor!"
pesu?                "who?"
nì'aw, toktor.       "just, the Doctor!"

Kelutrel

Irayo for posting this video ^^ i to have problems with hearing some of what your saying, but most of it helpt alot, i know how to sey Oel ngati kameie.     Irayo ^^

Harliquinn

If you don't mind me asking.  What equipment are you using for this?  I've been wanting to do my own recordings for some digital flashcards for my ipod.  Also, from what Frommer says you really want to hit that "ng" in words like Ngahu. 

J.

Prrton

Tewti, ma Etx! Ngari nìNa'vi lì'utìplltxepam sì tìtsteu sìltsan leiu nìtxan! Irayo, tsmúkan.

Tewti, ma Etx! Nga.ri nìNa'vi lì'u.tì.plltxe.pam sì tì.tsteu sìltsan l.ei.u nì.txan! Irayo, tsmúk.an.

Wow!, Ed. Your pronunciation and bravery in Na'vi are prodigious. Thanks, brother.

Sng- is hard. I suggest staring with "Snoopy" in English. Say it over and over and gradually begin alternating between that and "*scoopy" You will 'find' *sngu'pi in your own mouth between Snoopy and scoopy. Trust me. He's in there. ;) Your ejectives are GREAT!. Have you been hanging out in the Yucatan jungle recently? Also digging your ll.s & rr.s. Impressive! Ngari Neytiriyä txe'lan livrrtok nìftxavang.

edmoreira

Wow guys! your comments are really encouraging. I just used my laptop and since i don't have a mic, you get all the background noise, i've been meaning to get a real mic for some time for other projects, as soon as i get it, i'll re-record it!
irayo aysmukru

nariatan

edmoreira

Quote from: Prrton on December 27, 2009, 07:26:01 PM

Tewti, ma Etx! Ngari nìNa'vi lì'utìplltxepam sì tìtsteu sìltsan leiu nìtxan! Irayo, tsmúkan.

Tewti, ma Etx! Nga.ri nìNa'vi lì'u.tì.plltxe.pam sì tì.tsteu sìltsan l.ei.u nì.txan! Irayo, tsmúk.an.

Wow!, Ed. Your pronunciation and bravery in Na'vi are prodigious. Thanks, brother.

Sng- is hard. I suggest staring with "Snoopy" in English. Say it over and over and gradually begin alternating between that and "*scoopy" You will 'find' *sngu'pi in your own mouth between Snoopy and scoopy. Trust me. He's in there. ;) Your ejectives are GREAT!. Have you been hanging out in the Yucatan jungle recently? Also digging your ll.s & rr.s. Impressive! Ngari Neytiriyä txe'lan livrrtok nìftxavang.
Wow, Prrton I am flattered that you liked it! I have a thing for languages (though i don't speak many, or not enough at least) I think pronunciation is my forte. You're right that sng is difficult, you could probably tell from the vid that I hesitate to say sngeltseng, probably the most difficult word to say that i've encountered so far. Your command of the language is impressive so I have a couple of questions for you (actually for anyone who would like to answer as well):
when you thank somebody like your wrote irayo, tsmúkan. The thanks are given to the indirect object, so why not use the dative as in: "irayo, tsmúkanru? also, the word irayo, what grammatical function does it have? is it a verb "to thank" or a noun? if it is a noun, shouldn't it be declined as accusative? "oel      irayoti    ngaru   tìn"
                  I-erg irayo-acc you-dat give
or something along those lines? Am I way off here?
Thanks everybody Irayo!
Eywa ngahu
Etx (i liked my na'vi name btw)

Prrton

Quote from: edmoreira on December 28, 2009, 10:42:53 AM
Quote from: Prrton on December 27, 2009, 07:26:01 PM
I have a couple of questions for you (actually for anyone who would like to answer as well):
when you thank somebody like your wrote irayo, tsmúkan. The thanks are given to the indirect object, so why not use the dative as in: "irayo, tsmúkanru? also, the word irayo, what grammatical function does it have? is it a verb "to thank" or a noun? if it is a noun, shouldn't it be declined as accusative? "oel      irayoti    ngaru   tìn"
                  I-erg irayo-acc you-dat give
or something along those lines? Am I way off here?

Kaltxì, ma Etx!

Oeri tìomumti txeleyä lì'uyä "irayo" oeru ätxäle soli ngal a tìrutxe leiu nìtxan! ;D Slä, oeru tsatìtxantslusam ke längu nìwotx.  :(  Ke omängum oel.

<morphemically dissected: Oe.ri tì.omum.ti txele.yä lì'u.yä "irayo" oe.ru ätxäle s-ol-i nga.l a tì.rutxe l-ei-u nì.txan! ;D Slä, oe.ru tsa.tì.txantslusam ke l-äng-u nìwotx.  :(  Ke om-äng-um oe.l.>

As for me, knowledge of the subject of the word "irayo" to me request made you that pleasure is(happily) very. However, to me that wisdom no exist(unhappily) totally. Not know(sadly) I-SUB.

I am very pleased that you asked me about the word "irayo". However, sadly, I am completely lacking that wisdom. I don't know.

I have only been using it similar to kaltxì, in and around the voactive particle ma. I have no idea what part of speech it is or how to use it in other contexts. This is a great question, though.

Oeru txoa livu, ma tsmukan!

Etx (i liked my na'vi name btw)

"If you like it, it's prrfect!"

Hiyìk

Is there a file for those phrases that can be downloaded somewhere?  :)

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

I like it but you definitely need a mic XD.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Kawnga Tawtute

Oetukan Naviyä

kalltxì

this is what we need, sound records of how to pronounce the words/sentences. What would be great is a DVD/CD or VHS video of lessons.
Its much easier to learn na'vi when spoken instead of only written sources.

looking forward to see more of your work.

omängum fra'uti

Just so you know, this is very old, and almost certainly incorrect, as we did not know the correct stresses back when it was made.  I would recommend looking at some of the other resources in here which are much more recent, and some have even been reviewed for correctness.  Hearing words spoken can be helpful, but it can be detrimental if they are spoken incorrectly.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Ftiafpi

Well, in his/her defense he did mention that this is "what we need" but, yeah, please don't necropost on something that can bring up incorrect information, just start a new topic.

Lockeeeed.