Best way to upload/share Audio

Started by Seze, December 22, 2009, 10:31:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seze

It might be a good idea to setup a somewhat standardized way of sharing the audio, or at least some of the available ways that are out there.

Possible methods
-Upload to another server and make people download and play the audio file locally (not a big fan)
-Upload to this or another server (like youtube), but make the audio playable through the web browser (Big fan)

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

TrueJournals

Well, if HTML5 was standard, we could simply have a space to upload audio clips here, then add a BBCode mod for an audio tag...

However, it does seem like we need some kind of standard here.  Perhaps there can be a place on learnnavi.org (or another server) to upload audio clips, then include them in posts with a small flash script?  There's already BBCode allowing for flash to be embedded in a post...

Seze

I agree.  I saw a mod for SMF that would let you easily embed audio/video from another site.  It would be nice to upload the audio files here, but I could easily understand if our admin would prefer them stored elsewhere.

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Payoang

I've been looking into a "public" uploading script, where everyone could share their audio or, whatever.

Also, how does a youtube group sound, where everyone can share their clips?

The following are already taken: navi, learnnavi (site account), numenavi (learn navi)... I'm considering calling the group "skxawng", just because. Thoughts?

Skxawng

"prrkxentrrkrr is a skill best saved for only the most cunning linguist"

omängum fra'uti

Since there's a wiki now, how does Wikipedia handle audio files?  Maybe something similar could be turned on.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!