Na'vi Pronunciation Guides

Started by Ftiafpi, January 18, 2010, 09:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Rothlindyre on April 10, 2010, 03:19:05 PM
Kaltxì ma tsmukan, oel ngati kameie, tsun oe ngahu pivängkxo a fì'u oeru prrte' lu. Ma tsmukan ngaru lu fpom srak? Eltu si, tìng mikyun!...... gahhhhh, txìm! Tsap'alute si ewan eylan. Fayvrrtep frrfen kawtu! Oe new nga rusey. Salew ewan eylan set, kehe...........tsmukan. kawng skxang tsmukan! Hahaha. Irayo, Irayo Ftiafpi sin fra'u.

Kaltxì, everyone, I'm new to this site. I've been practicing for a few weeks on the language Na'vi and my thanks go to Ftiafpi and the Learn Navi site, and the dictionary. This is my paraghraph in the Na'vi language (may be mistakes) I added this to test you guys and girls in a translation to help you learn the language faster, have fun!

RothlinDyre

:) Ngaru seiyi irayo ma tsmuk, oel ngati kameie kop. Tsun tivam ngeyä pamrel, oe tslolam tsaw nìltsan. Hola keyey slä hì'ia keyey nì'aw.

Thanks for your well written Na'vi and I'm glad we could help you learn and enjoy this language as much as I have. Glad to see you joining the forums, feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Kìyevame ma 'eylan!

Rothlindyre

Irayo Ftiafpi

thank ftiafpi

7th ime whatching avatar today
:)

Rothlindyre

Na'vi: Kaltxì ma tsmukan, oel ngati kameie. Oe neu nga nì'aw ne kar oe Na'vi rutxe. Rutxe ewan eylan, tsmukan. Irayo, sì  Eywa ngahu,  Eywa ngahu, kìyevame.

P.S oe nume srak

Translation: Hello brother, I see you. I want you only to teach me Na'vi please. Please young friend, brother. Thankyou, Good bye. Eywa be with you.

P.S   I learn well

Rothlindyre :'(

Ftiafpi

Gah, well, I was going to upload these things to a new youtube account but youtube's account creation server is down. BLARG! I guess I'll do it tomorrow.

Rothlindyre

Kaltxì this fourm helps a lot
:)

Ftiafpi

I've added the pronunciation guides to a new YouTube channel I've created for lì'fya leNa'vi: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ftiafpi

The new links are in the updated original post of this topic.

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Txantsana säfyawìntxu ma Ftiafpi! One of the best I've seen so far, I lol'd at the "ooh ooh ooh" part.  :)
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn

Something I just noticed is that you tend to pronounce words that end in an "e" with an "ey" sound.
Naruto Shippuden Episode 166: Confession
                                    Watch it, Love it, Live it

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Nìwotxkrr Tìyawn on April 17, 2010, 11:40:30 PM
Something I just noticed is that you tend to pronounce words that end in an "e" with an "ey" sound.

Yeah, it's a bad habit of mine. I've more or less fixed it but these were made a few months ago when I hadn't. It's close enough to correct though that I just say do as I say not as I do. When I make more pronunciation guides I will, of course, correct this.

Kxeyo

Ok, after watched this video I realized that I nearly pronounced every word wrong. So I'll start again from zero and forget what I did the last two weeks, I think...Thanks for showing me that I can't speak Na'vi!  ;)
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Hawnuyu Kelutrel on April 19, 2010, 03:35:22 PM
Ok, after watched this video I realized that I nearly pronounced every word wrong. So I'll start again from zero and forget what I did the last two weeks, I think...Thanks for showing me that I can't speak Na'vi!  ;)

Heh, you should hear my first pronunciation, makes me cringe.

Rothlindyre

irayo your vid helps alot! :)

Rothlindyre / Comicnerd123

omängum fra'uti

Quote from: Ftiafpi on April 19, 2010, 04:27:42 PM

It made me cringe too. :D  Not that I was much better.
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on April 24, 2010, 09:37:55 PM
Quote from: Ftiafpi on April 19, 2010, 04:27:42 PM

It made me cringe too. :D  Not that I was much better.

Do I smell a Na'vi pronunciation battle? :) :P

Cass

lol thank you soo much. I learn much better when hearing what im doing wrong....nearly everything :D lol Definitly helping with the a ( a with the dots over it...cant type that on my keyboard :P )

Ftiafpi

Alt+132 (on the number pad) = ä

Also there's a button in the forum toolbar that makes one for you.

Cass

XxUkarixX

This was very helpful! I'm new to learning Na'vi ^^; just started today, so this helps a bunch for the start!

Irayo ma tsmukan!

bommel

irayo! Your guides helped me a lot :) Hope there will be more coming!
Eywa ngahu

Ftiafpi

Quote from: bommel on June 03, 2010, 01:24:39 PM
irayo! Your guides helped me a lot :) Hope there will be more coming!
Eywa ngahu
There will for sure, just gotta find the free time for it.