Main Menu

Spoken Na'vi Words

Started by Ftiafpi, January 06, 2010, 08:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftiafpi

Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 17, 2010, 11:07:42 AM
So is the original project not going any more? I liked the English na'vi English stuff

It's briefly on hold while I work an absurd amount of overtime. In a few days I'll get back to it. I'm going to start uploading all my stuff to omängum fra'uti's list while at the same time pulling all of his stuff into my collection. That way we'll have a site/list that allows people to play/access/review individual pronunciations and then a link where people can download absolutely everything and listen to it.

'Itan Atxur

Lol. I totally understand how that goes. Take your time!!

Check out more from my DeviantArt page HERE

Na'ríng Tsmuke

Quote from: Ftiafpi on March 17, 2010, 11:55:18 AM
Quote from: 'Itan Atxur on March 17, 2010, 11:07:42 AM
So is the original project not going any more? I liked the English na'vi English stuff

It's briefly on hold while I work an absurd amount of overtime. In a few days I'll get back to it. I'm going to start uploading all my stuff to omängum fra'uti's list while at the same time pulling all of his stuff into my collection. That way we'll have a site/list that allows people to play/access/review individual pronunciations and then a link where people can download absolutely everything and listen to it.

can't wait ;D
but I will
as we all need a life,
and to pay the bills ;)
xX- Her Name Is Written On A Polished Rock;
                                A Broken Heart That The World Forgot -Xx

Ftiafpi

Just so people know, this project is temporarily on hold while I work with omängum fra'uti on the peer-reviewed spoken Na'vi list.

Once we have that complete then I will take all those words and compile them into a zip file that can be downloaded with, or without, English translations.

If you need a word or two (or ten) in Na'vi I can add them on a request by request basis until the peer-reviewed words are done.

You can also check out our progress on the reviewed list and listen to the words here: http://www.tyger.org/~tiger/navi/wordlist.php

maweya mokri

~maweya mokri~

Ean Hufwetulyu

Eywa Ngahu Smukan si Smuke.

Kekerusey

Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 17, 2010, 04:54:15 AMJust recorded a series of more words in Na'vi only.

They are part of the collection at http://www.tyger.org/~tiger/navi/wordlist.php?filterlevel=1

So is there any way we can download the whole lot of those sound files in one go? I'm listening to a lot of Na'vi in my car right now :)

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Na'ríng Tsmuke

Quote from: Kekerusey (Oe eyawr rutxe) on May 20, 2010, 02:28:03 AM
Quote from: omängum fra'uti on March 17, 2010, 04:54:15 AMJust recorded a series of more words in Na'vi only.

They are part of the collection at http://www.tyger.org/~tiger/navi/wordlist.php?filterlevel=1

So is there any way we can download the whole lot of those sound files in one go? I'm listening to a lot of Na'vi in my car right now :)

Keke

I've put them on my Ipod and listen t o them when I'm on the road  ;D
xX- Her Name Is Written On A Polished Rock;
                                A Broken Heart That The World Forgot -Xx

Seze

I've done the same.  I mixed both the Na'vi only version with the English version as well so that why I play it, it plays Na'vi word, English Def, Na'vi Word, English Def.  All of this can easily be done using iTunes...

Learn Na'vi Mobile App - Now Available

Kekerusey

Quote from: Seze on May 20, 2010, 09:44:24 PMI've done the same.  I mixed both the Na'vi only version with the English version as well so that why I play it, it plays Na'vi word, English Def, Na'vi Word, English Def.  All of this can easily be done using iTunes...

Not if you detest all things Apple :)

Keke
Kekerusey (Not Dead [Undead])
"Keye'ung lu nì'aw tì'eyng mì-kìfkey lekye'ung :)"
Geekanology, UK Atheist &
The "Science, Just Science" Campaign (A Cobweb)

Txon Tsamsiyu

Hi, I can't seem to be able to download the Na'vi-English Audi Dictionary, when I click it it say webpage cannot be found :( Any help?

Carborundum

This stuff is ancient. I doubt it's still available anywhere, and even if you could find it I would strongly recommend against using it.
Unfortunately the audio forum has gone neglected for a long time. As far as I know, there is no up-to-date audio dictionary.
We learn from our mistakes only if we are made aware of them.
If I make a mistake, please bring it to my attention for karma.

Txon Tsamsiyu

Irayo!  That's good to know.  Do you know if they're gonna do anymore audio or where I could find some audio files elsewhere?  I'd like to be able to put some spoken Na'vi on my Ipod so I can practice by listening to it!

Ftiafpi

Hmmm, the links to the original audio files should still work. *checks* Yeah, the link still works to download the spoken words only (the zip file).

However, keep in mind that these are definitely old and the pronunciation isn't that great on many (I was definitely, and still am, learning). It should give you something to listen to though. I would love to get this thing revived but I'm not sure if it's ever going to be feasible given how hard it is to perfectly record each word. In any case, enjoy them, I hope to someday continue the project.

omängum fra'uti

Most if not all the words there should also still be available at http://www.tyger.org/~tiger/navi/wordlist.php where you can get a better idea how the pronunciation is.  (Though keep in mind just because it is not marked as wrong does not mean it is right, it just means nobody has noticed it yet.)
Ftxey lu nga tokx ftxey lu nga tirea? Lu oe tìkeftxo.
Listen to my Na'vi Lessons podcast!

Yolande

This is great.  But what's really needed is something akin to Rosetta Stone.

Plumps

Quote from: Yolande on October 28, 2010, 10:54:57 AM
This is great.  But what's really needed is something akin to Rosetta Stone.
It was attempted. See if you can find something helpful here.

Eana Ketuwong

Tumbling hard until 3 AM on a Wednesday night

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Keywong on February 05, 2011, 08:01:01 PM
Irayo!!!!  :)
You're welcome and zola'u nìprrte' talun ngeyä 'upxare. I hope to make more of these soon, this time with video and a marker board!

Ateyo

Irayo to whoever posted this. I just started and I really needed some pronunciations cleared up. I was able to put thid right on to my phone.

Eywa ngahu!