Main Menu

Workshop Audio

Started by Ftiafpi, November 11, 2010, 10:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftiafpi

Hey, in the event that anyone missed that Tirea Aean and Seze have uploaded the full audio from the LearnNa'vi Linguistic Workshop (from August October) for us to listen to then please refer to this post/thread: http://forum.learnnavi.org/radio-avatar/internet-radio-station-tirea-radio/msg346132/#msg346132

Plumps

You mean October, right? ;D

Thanks, Fifi, I thought that this deserved its own thread... Not completely through yet but even now, it's gret to hear what else has been going on!
Thanks goes out to Xellos who recorded!

Any explanation why 2 parts (4 & 7) are missing?

Eywa ayngahu!

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Plumps on November 11, 2010, 11:21:23 AM
You mean October, right? ;D

Thanks, Fifi, I thought that this deserved its own thread... Not completely through yet but even now, it's gret to hear what else has been going on!
Thanks goes out to Xellos who recorded!

Any explanation why 2 parts (4 & 7) are missing?

Eywa ayngahu!

Fixed!

Yes, Xellos also deserved huge heapings of karma and credit for the audio.

No idea why parts are missing, I'm still downloading it myself (darn slow work internet).

Tirea Aean

4 and 7 are indiscernible chatter. lots of talking going on at once. all the important stuff is there tho.

yeah.

BIGGGG thanks goes out to Xelloss who sent me the 13 discs free of charge. very kind of him!

and to allow downloading of this was Seze's idea. My idea was to force you all to actually listen to the Tirea Radio stream to hear it muahahaha >:D

Plumps

You vrrteptsyìp, you! ;D

personally, I think most of the chunks are too long for TR. I can't imagine how streneous it all must have been for you (although there is a lot of laughing going on and the mood is excited nìwotx) but for me it takes a lot of concentration to follow it all. That's why I like to listen to it in little pieces and that's the reason I'm still not through with them ;)

But I agree completely – invaluable memories and Xelloss' karma deserves an increase through the roof for that :D

Plumps

Still not through, but I thought this would be the best place for a few remarks...

Concerning the discussion on counterfactual conditionals. Frommer asked whether there was a language that does that with different words for "if" – Irish does. There we have for "if" (possibility) and for "if" (conjecture, counterfactual). It's not the only distinguishing feature, tense is also in the mix... So,
    má tá tú ag lorg cara gan locht, beidh tú gan cara go deo = "if you search for a friend without fault, you'll be without a friend forever"
    dá mbeadh Máirtín anseo, bheadh Cáit sásta = "if Martin was here, Kate would have been satisfied"

Concerning the proverb "All that is gold does not glitter"
Just now, I read in a book on phraseological units by Sabine Fiedler the following:
Quote from: Fiedler (2007) English Phraseology. A Coursebook, p. 47Yet a large number of English proverbs are loan translations from Latin (e.g. Art is long and lief is short – ars longa, vita brevis; All that glisters/glitters is not gold – non omnes quod nitet aurum est).
Unfortunately, she doesn't give a source.