Anyone in MELBOURNE? (VICTORIA)

Started by Tsyeymzi, May 15, 2010, 09:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsyeymzi

...So far it's just me and Ngawng.

...Anyone else in existence down our end of the woods?
- The Signature is a Lie -

Ngawng

29.f.australia

q1w32

kaltxi oeya eylan!
i live in cobram, its like 3 hours toward NSW hrh  ;D
eywa ngahu
i am the aussie-toruk makto. tsamsiyu si taronyu
HARD AS ROCKS!
Eywa ngahu, oeya sumuk si sumukan!

Tsyeymzi

Quote from: q1w32 on May 17, 2010, 04:39:49 AM
kaltxi oeya eylan!
eywa ngahu

We should all meet up, dunno if we'll find a venue big enough for all... *looks up*... THREE of us.

Seriously? Only three Victorians? Frommer is bothering to come down to Melbourne in November; and only three of us are going to the Airport? (Maybe even only two, if it's to far to come from Cobram)

q1w32

Quote from: Tsyeymzi on May 18, 2010, 04:54:19 AM
kaltxi oeya eylan!
eywa ngahu

We should all meet up, dunno if we'll find a venue big enough for all... *looks up*... THREE of us.

Seriously? Only three Victorians? Frommer is bothering to come down to Melbourne in November; and only three of us are going to the Airport? (Maybe even only two, if it's to far to come from Cobram)

ma tsumukan,
november huh? why's Frommer comming to vic?
what date? i might be able to make it oeya eylan
being a 17 yr old yr 12 student finding time might be hard...  :-\
plus my niNa'vi is pretty basic,
mengaya niNavi problably heaps better than mine hrh  ;)
HARD AS ROCKS!

Tsyeymzi

Quote from: q1w32 on May 20, 2010, 06:40:28 AM
kaltxi oeya eylan!
eywa ngahu

ma tsumukan,

I talk to Frommer occasionally via email and he told me he has some sort of conference in Perth, in early November. He doesn't know an exact date yet.

He said he'll stop over in Melbourne on his way to Perth, then stop over in Sydney and Auckland on his way back. Both me and Ngawng are 17 y/o, year 12 students, so it would work nicely. You wouldn't happen to be in English Language would you?

...And believe me, my Na'vi is pretty basic too.

q1w32

Quote from: Tsyeymzi on May 20, 2010, 05:29:08 PM
Quote from: q1w32 on May 20, 2010, 06:40:28 AM
kaltxi oeya eylan!
eywa ngahu

ma tsumukan,

I talk to Frommer occasionally via email and he told me he has some sort of conference in Perth, in early November. He doesn't know an exact date yet.

He said he'll stop over in Melbourne on his way to Perth, then stop over in Sydney and Auckland on his way back. Both me and Ngawng are 17 y/o, year 12 students, so it would work nicely. You wouldn't happen to be in English Language would you?

...And believe me, my Na'vi is pretty basic too.

Ok ma mesumuk well when you find out the date, let me know, i'll do my best to get there!
i may bring a friend or two (cause the trip to melbourne by myself is kinda boring)
what do you mean 'in english language'? i speak it hrh  ;D 
HARD AS ROCKS!

Ngawng

We mean the yr12 class called English Language...even though English is my first language, I still find that class really hard, hrh.

And, go a head and bring a friend or two, the more the merrier! :D

29.f.australia

nicolakate3

Hi, I just joined this site (literally!). Just got home from hearing Paul Frommer speak at monash uni, was really cool to hear how he constructed the language, what it was like working with the actors, he even tried to teach us a little spoken na'vi!
How is your na'vi going? I'm only a little bit older than you, so it's good to know there's fans my age locally :-)

Ngawng

Quote from: nicolakate3 on November 03, 2010, 04:43:53 AM
Hi, I just joined this site (literally!). Just got home from hearing Paul Frommer speak at monash uni, was really cool to hear how he constructed the language, what it was like working with the actors, he even tried to teach us a little spoken na'vi!
How is your na'vi going? I'm only a little bit older than you, so it's good to know there's fans my age locally :-)

SWEEET hi there! I wanted to go to the talk at monash, but my exam schedule got in the way a bit :(

How was it?

Oh and also, zola'u nìprrte'!

29.f.australia

nicolakate3

it was interesting, though the more detailed stuff went over my head, as it was obviously directed to the linguistics people in the audience.

unfortunately my pronunciation of na'vi words hasn't really improved since i heard him because i was so busy trying to scribble things down!

he talked about the enthusiasm of the fans of avatar/na'vi worldwide and how people took the 500 words in the back of the 'activist survival guide' and tried to teach themselves the language! he also talked about this convention thing he went to that some really obsessed person had at their house and how some 17 year old girl flew in from switzerland or something to attend it! they spent time discussing the language, new words, acting out scenes from the movie and even spent periods of time where they were only allowed to speak in na'vi!

he also showed us a photo (which was never supposed to be taken because of the very strict security) of the movie set, which was essentially a big warehouse type room with an area marked out on the floor - no pandora, it must have been really weird for the actors to perform without the set being "real"!

Ngawng

29.f.australia

Nawm Nantang

Ok i know this is the biggest necropost of all time but I live in Melbourne aswell.
old gallery link?id=470[/img]

Ngawng

I don't give a damn if people necropost in this thread!! It's awesome to hear that there's another tsmuk in Melbourne :D

Where abouts are you from in Melb? :D I live in Ascot Vale :D

:D :D

29.f.australia