Is Jake a recom?

Started by Reiey fpi Sìtaron, January 23, 2023, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reiey fpi Sìtaron

I know the official story is that Jake's consciousness is transferred to his avatar, but with the new concept of being able to imprint memories and a personality into an avatar I'm wondering if Eywa basically euthanised human Jake at the tree of souls and just imprinted his avatar. It's not the nicest fan theory, but what if Jake never woke up, and TWOW Jake is a recom? The only difference being he hasn't been told what he is the same way recom Quaritch was?

Toliman

That is a interedting idea, I didn't think about it in this way.

Tìtstewan

That's indeed an interesting theory. When I think more about it, Jake became a recom, too. The difference is the way how the consciousness has been transferred. The consciousness of Jake was transferred by Eywa from his human body to his avatar body, while Quaritch's one was transferred from the last available copy of his consciousness to his avatar body.
As for the point if he never woke up, it would be difficult to explain because one would need a copy of his consciousness and if there were such a copy, someone would have to tell him pretty much detailed all the things and events happened after the moment of storing of his consciousness was done. Also I guess, if there was a copy of his consciousness then it was stored on Earth for sure since it was considered to be a kind of backup.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Quote from: Tìtstewan on January 24, 2023, 01:48:46 AMThe difference is the way how the consciousness has been transferred. The consciousness of Jake was transferred by Eywa from his human body to his avatar body, while Quaritch's one was transferred from the last available copy of his consciousness to his avatar body.
I would say this difference is pretty important :)

Tìtstewan

Sure, also there is the thing that the avatar body originally was designed to be controlled by the driver's consciousness rather than storing it. Maybe Eywa has done some changes to make that possible. :-\

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Blue Elf

Oh hell, another strange idea? Okay, let's looks at that:
Who is Jake? Formerly human, got his avatar from his twin. Avatar itself is just sleeping body, it needs driver to live. Jake was such driver and at the end of first movie his consciousness/mind/whatever was transferred from his human body to avatar body while he was still ALIVE.

Who are recombinants? Basically also former people, now in avatar bodies, but without driver - their consciousness/mind/etc. was transferred to them after DEATH from some recording/backup created while they were living. So transfer was done in different way than in Jake's case (I have no idea how it possible to backup someone's consciousness - I can think of memory content, but apparently it was done some way).

So for technical view, Jake is something like recombinant, but created in different way. Still strange idea. More info at https://james-camerons-avatar.fandom.com/wiki/Recombinant
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on January 24, 2023, 04:40:49 AMSo for technical view, Jake is something like recombinant, but created in different way. Still strange idea.
Yeah, created in VERY different way. As I said, I think it's important point.
It's really strange but interesting idea.