Just saw avatar 2! (spoiler free)

Started by Morang, December 14, 2022, 07:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morang

This is not a critic or anything, just me writing my feelings. And as I'm writing I just came home some minutes ago, I live in Europe and watched the movie at 10 am, and I have one thing to say: it's really good!

I haven't felt this happy about a movie in so long. Right, when it started tears were running down my face I just felt so happy to be back on pandora, I literally can't describe it!! The movie is overall very emotional, I cried several times to be honest, but it was also very fun.
As a HUGE speculative zoology and worldbuilding fan this is literally the best treat I could ask for. I think I like avatar 2 more than the first they just introduced so much lore stuff it's so cool, I really hope other avatar fans will enjoy it as much as I did.
Also, I enjoy mechas and I was blown away by some of the new vehicle designs, I wonder who was in charge of designing them. But also, was Wayne Barlowe still the designer for the fauna?

The only thing I could think that is bad is that I would've liked to see Neytiri more because she's always been my favorite (with mo'at and tsu'tey). But I was blessed to see amazing action scenes with her tho!
Hardcore fans (like me!) will notice a bunch of stuff that can be found on the wiki I loved pointing out all the little details in my head.

This is a moment ill never forget, if you saw the sequel already what were your feelings while watching it! im very curious about what other fans will think of it. :D

Toliman

It sounds great :)  Today evening I will watch Avatar 2 too :D

Reiey fpi Sìtaron

Can you tell us if the Na'vi language has really been dropped? I'll be really disappointed if it has been, since it was what drew me to the film in the first place.

Morang

Quote from: Reiey fpi Sìtaron on December 14, 2022, 09:06:10 AMCan you tell us if the Na'vi language has really been dropped?

the na'vi language is still here! but I do wish it was more present, I think it's a beautiful language so I was disappointed to not hear it as much as I expected.

Kxeyo

I actually felt that they did Na'vi justice, in the first movie it felt sort of rushed to hear them speak it, the soundtrack did not feature "real words" either. This time this is different, plus I think they did a better job at pronounciation...at least for the most part.

On the language being dropped, I wonder where these rumors came from. They could have been a bit braver relying on subtitles, granted, but I feel like they nicely balanced the whole thing.
Oe lu Kxeyo—

—pa'liyä maktoyu. Vitra ata'lengean oeru lu. ♾️

Quote from: Ku'rända on January 09, 2011, 11:32:47 AMActually, that would be an interesting thought; if gay Na'vi would actually mate, or just run off in the bushes for a little bum-fun!

Quote from: Alyara Arati on February 24, 2012, 06:15:11 AMKxa (Open your mouth and say "Kxa") :P

Toliman

Quote from: Toliman on December 14, 2022, 08:15:31 AMIt sounds great :)  Today evening I will watch Avatar 2 too :D
And I did that :)

My first feelings... It was absolutelly amazing, I have to completelly agree with this:
Quote from: Morang on December 14, 2022, 07:27:18 AMI haven't felt this happy about a movie in so long. Right, when it started tears were running down my face I just felt so happy to be back on pandora, I literally can't describe it!! The movie is overall very emotional, I cried several times to be honest, but it was also very fun.
Movie was really emotial in many times and very funny in several times too ;D :D
That all underwater scenes were really amazing and also combat scenes were good.

And Na'vi language in sequel:
Quote from: Kxeyo on December 14, 2022, 01:37:39 PMI actually felt that they did Na'vi justice, in the first movie it felt sort of rushed to hear them speak it, the soundtrack did not feature "real words" either. This time this is different, plus I think they did a better job at pronounciation...at least for the most part.
On the language being dropped, I wonder where these rumors came from. They could have been a bit braver relying on subtitles, granted, but I feel like they nicely balanced the whole thing.
I agree with this, it was relative good balanced although also I feel (and a bit expected too) that there would be more dialogues in Na'vi.
What was abolutelly stunning - that celebration song singed in Na'vi :D I never heard something such beautifull.

Morang

Quote from: Toliman on December 14, 2022, 04:16:00 PMThat all underwater scenes were really amazing and also combat scenes were good.
yes, they were all breathtaking, the water, the everything was just so stunning design-wise but also technologically speaking! :D  so happy to see the beautiful wonders of pandora's marine wildlife come to life like this!

Toliman

Quote from: Morang on December 14, 2022, 04:34:26 PM
Quote from: Toliman on December 14, 2022, 04:16:00 PMThat all underwater scenes were really amazing and also combat scenes were good.
yes, they were all breathtaking, the water, the everything was just so stunning design-wise but also technologically speaking! :D  so happy to see the beautiful wonders of pandora's marine wildlife come to life like this!
I Agree completelly :)

Quote from: Morang on December 14, 2022, 07:27:18 AMAlso, I enjoy mechas and I was blown away by some of the new vehicle designs, I wonder who was in charge of designing them.
And yeah, that new vehicle designs were very interesting. I woud like to know something more about it.

archaic

I think that LN is a place that by definition is going to be at least a little disappointed that there isn't more Na'vi dialogue. I may be less disappointed for myself, but that doesn't man I'm not disappointed for all my brothers and sisters here.
I fully understand why they've taken this route, but!
Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.

Toliman

Quote from: archaic on December 20, 2022, 06:40:41 AMI think that LN is a place that by definition is going to be at least a little disappointed that there isn't more Na'vi dialogue. I may be less disappointed for myself, but that doesn't man I'm not disappointed for all my brothers and sisters here.
I fully understand why they've taken this route, but!
Mllte oe, I understand too but I thing there could be more Na'vi dialogues in many scenes without problems.

P.A.'li makto

Can someone please explain what has happened to Jake's hair's colour? Am I the only one who's bothered by his new hair style?

facebook: soaia leNa`vi

Toliman

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on December 25, 2022, 12:54:21 AMCan someone please explain what has happened to Jake's hair's colour? Am I the only one who's bothered by his new hair style?
I don't like his new hair stile too but I have no idea what happened to him :-\

Tìtstewan

As for Jake's hair, I don't know what happened, but apparently he choose that hair style. It looks interesting, kind of new and unfamiliar too. ;D

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Quote from: Tìtstewan on December 25, 2022, 10:37:58 AMAs for Jake's hair, I don't know what happened, but apparently he choose that hair style. It looks interesting, kind of new and unfamiliar too. ;D
Yeah, very unfamiliar, I was really surprised when I saw him at first time ;D

Blue Elf

Quote from: P.A.'li makto on December 25, 2022, 12:54:21 AMCan someone please explain what has happened to Jake's hair's colour? Am I the only one who's bothered by his new hair style?
IMHO colour is ok, to me appears same as before. But style has changed from "standard" Na'vi style to dreadlocks, what doen't look well, at least for me. On the other hand now he looks somehow bigger in size, what probably was intended, as he is/was Na'vi leader. Tonowari also looks a little bigger, I'd say.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Flìfkxat

The more dreadlocks/braids style like how Tonowari has kind of makes sense for the Metkayina. If most of your life is spent in and around water, then wouldn't it be easier to maintain than straight hair? (Yes Neytiri had braids, but we also saw her with straight hair at one point.)
EST (GMT-5) | English/Français/Na'vi

Stitch

Quote from: Flìfkxat on December 28, 2022, 11:21:10 AMThe more dreadlocks/braids style like how Tonowari has kind of makes sense for the Metkayina. If most of your life is spent in and around water, then wouldn't it be easier to maintain than straight hair? (Yes Neytiri had braids, but we also saw her with straight hair at one point.)
I guess Tonowari's braids do make sense, but I heard that dreadlocks can get pretty heavy and headache-inducing when they get wet. And Jake's dreadlocks are huge! Not really practical when you expect to dive a lot, I think. But it's just a movie and IMHO he looks cool with them, so I'll give it a pass :P

Toliman

Quote from: Stitch on December 31, 2022, 10:14:24 AM
Quote from: Flìfkxat on December 28, 2022, 11:21:10 AMThe more dreadlocks/braids style like how Tonowari has kind of makes sense for the Metkayina. If most of your life is spent in and around water, then wouldn't it be easier to maintain than straight hair? (Yes Neytiri had braids, but we also saw her with straight hair at one point.)
I guess Tonowari's braids do make sense, but I heard that dreadlocks can get pretty heavy and headache-inducing when they get wet. And Jake's dreadlocks are huge! Not really practical when you expect to dive a lot, I think. But it's just a movie and IMHO he looks cool with them, so I'll give it a pass :P
Good idea! Or maybe Na'vi hairs can be somehow different appart us so then it's ok for them ;D :)