Na'vi clothing

Started by Tseykìn, October 31, 2023, 06:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tseykìn

Is anyone else absolutely obsess with the Costume design of the Metkayina.
I've spent a few moths studying it and would love to create my own garments in the future

If anyone is interested, I would LOVE to talk about it.

Learn to see the Na'vi way

Tseykìn

I've noticed that the garments are made primarily made using the method of macrame, but even more are complexifified using complex braiding. Ronal's cris cross top is made up of individual parts of braided yarn, that are connected by stitching or some kind of glue (more likely sticitching), this method is also used with the ikran ridding glasses 8) :ikran: , the loincloths, and many more.

Ronals feather top is possible made with leather, wood, and feathers. Ronals feather could be made by braiding leather together into a sort of 3D snake pattern, all connected by a twisting leather strand, supported by 6 wooden beads. The large, triangle piece of braided leather also intertwines with the snake pattern braids, ultimately being to attached to the feathers through even more braiding, stichticing, or glue.

Neytiris top is possible made with the bone of animal, a willow like plant, and some Pandoran flora. The bones are initialy set up, connected connected with a pandoran willow like plant, in a method similar to basket weaving, this is also used to connected the plant part to the bones, but glueing is probaly used. In the middle, the bones are connected by some type of gluing, which is not done at the back of the neck, for it would be possible to wear and remove. The upper bones, near the neck are decorated with a thinner plant materiel.

;D  Lu Metkayina sìltsana täftxuyu! 

Toliman

Tìtstewan

Hmm, isn't this clothing in the 3rd image that Neytiri had before whey went to the Metkayina? I remember me she had it when they attacked the maglev. :-\ If so, then that one would be rather an Omatikaya clothing, I guess.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Tseykìn

Your right!
I should change it to all Na'vi clothing, even though I really do prefer the Metkayina style (no offense to the Omatikaya.) ;D

Toliman

Quote from: Tseykìn on November 02, 2023, 03:07:48 PMI should change it to all Na'vi clothing, even though I really do prefer the Metkayina style (no offense to the Omatikaya.) ;D
I would say both are great :D

Tseykìn

The first image is a Metkayina loincloth most likely worn by a male. It is made of two materials one is brown leather simply braided and another is blue leather braided simply. The two braids are elegantly braided together and the blue braid is unraveled to cover the wearers bits.

The second image is also a Metkayina loincloth most likely worn by a female. The loincloth is made of 3, cloth, chords, dyed and braided into a square macrame knot going through the large piece of gray bead and switch into a DNA macrame knot. Chord A somehow unravels and loosely braids, with material B also being braided into it (I believe that material B, a strip of leather somehow helps chord B unravel and braid.) Beads are also braided into 2 of the chords, with sewing, glue, or weaving.

The third image is Lo'ak's Necklace or choker. The upper part is made of two materials braided together, material B eventually goes down to become the lower part and is braided with others of its kinds, along with beads (sewing, braiding, or glueing). Material A is used to latch on a pandoran animal claw, same thing with the lower part.

Lu Na'vi sìltsana täftxuyu, nìngay.

Toliman

Tseykìn

I did not make these, although I wish I had
I do have sketches of things that I will make in the future.

Toliman