Which scenes in Avatar TWoW are your the most favourite?

Started by Toliman, December 21, 2022, 01:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toliman

Which scenes in Avatar TWoW are your the most favourite?
I wondered about it and although it's extremely difficult select some scenes (whole movie was amazing), I would select these:
  • Scenes with meeting of Lo'ak with Payakan and their friendship
  • Scene where Kiri saved her parents by guiding them out of the shipwreck with bioluminescent fish she summoned by tapping into her bond with Eywa.

wm.annis

For me it's small things –

Quaritch having trouble with word-initial ng-, like so many speakers of English have.

Kiri lying face down in the shallow water waiting for some small sea worm to make an appearance.

Toliman

Quote from: wm.annis on December 21, 2022, 03:35:51 PMQuaritch having trouble with word-initial ng-, like so many speakers of English have.
Yeah, this one too.

Eanikran

The scenes humanizing Quaritch were pretty cool.

To be honest, I need to get a couple (or 20) more views to pick out a true favorite scene lol. I'd have to say currently it's when the Sullys first arrive at the reef and meet Tonowari and his people.

Toliman

Quote from: Eanikran link=msg=680591 date=1671666212
quote author=Eanikran link=msg=680591 date=1671666212]
To be honest, I need to get a couple (or 20) more views to pick out a true favorite scene lol. I'd have to say currently it's when the Sullys first arrive at the reef and meet Tonowari and his people.
Yeah, it's possible that I will add some scenes after more views.

Blue Elf

Hard to say, after seeing movie only once - try to ask me later. I even not sure if I'm able to pick one from first move after seeing it many times.
But I can name some I like:
  • Kiri driving light fishes
  • Lo'ak thanking Payakan for saving life
  • Payakan destroying fishing ship
IMHO Avatar 2 is missing such strong scene like Jake mates Neytiri under Tree of voices or Neytiri's final kill of Quaritch in first movie.
Oe lu skxawng skxakep. Slä oe nerume mi.
"Oe tasyätxaw ulte koren za'u oehu" (Limonádový Joe)

Toliman

Quote from: Blue Elf on December 28, 2022, 06:11:57 AMIMHO Avatar 2 is missing such strong scene like Jake mates Neytiri under Tree of voices or Neytiri's final kill of Quaritch in first movie.
Yeah, I agree. Similar strong scene really missing in Avatar 2.

Eanikran

Quote from: Toliman on December 28, 2022, 09:05:11 AM
Quote from: Blue Elf on December 28, 2022, 06:11:57 AMIMHO Avatar 2 is missing such strong scene like Jake mates Neytiri under Tree of voices or Neytiri's final kill of Quaritch in first movie.

I feel like Ney's mom mode rampage fits the bill, she shows a lot of emotion there. That said nothing will compare to Quaritch's reaction to getting hit by a couple telephone poles

Toliman

Quote from: Eanikran on December 28, 2022, 01:34:23 PM
Quote from: Toliman on December 28, 2022, 09:05:11 AM

I feel like Ney's mom mode rampage fits the bill, she shows a lot of emotion there. That said nothing will compare to Quaritch's reaction to getting hit by a couple telephone poles
Oh yeah, it was a strong scene :)

Toliman

After last rewatching of Avatar 2 I add to my favourite scenes also that scenes at Cove of the Ancestors (that sacred site of the Metkayina) because that place looks really amazing.

Toliman

Forgot to mention also that scene where frustrated Captain Mick Scoresby yelled to his men, "Oh, come on! Can somebody shoot something?!"

Reiey fpi Sìtaron

Syatikrel

Rel a tawsìpìl apxay ngipit tok. Tsa'u a kllpä sawsìp. Tsa'u a wapx tsawla uran lefngap alu Seadragon.

Syatikrel [sja.ˈtik̚.ɾɛl] (Lì'fya leNa'vi Nä'rìngä)/Shatikrel [ʃa.ˈtik̚.ɾɛl] (Lì'fya leNa'vi Wione)
SatIqrel [ʂɑ.tʰɪqʰ.ˈrɛl] (tlhIngan Hol)
Shatikrel [ʃə.ˈt̪i.kɾ̥ɛl̪]
Oel teyra tawsìpit aean ke txula set slä tsun hìkrrmaw fu maw krr atxan.

Tìng oeru tstxot Misal ulte syaw oeru Satibabbi.

Toliman

Tìtstewan

Hmm, there could be some scenes that could fit into that, like Ney's rampage, the death of Neteyam or Spirit Tree scene.

There are a couple of scenes I like, but I'd like to rewatch the movie at home.

-| Na'vi Vocab + Audio | Na'viteri as one HTML file | FAQ | Useful Links for Beginners |-
-| Kem si fu kem rä'ä si, ke lu tìfmi. |-

Toliman

Quote from: Tìtstewan on March 10, 2023, 08:49:31 AMThere are a couple of scenes I like, but I'd like to rewatch the movie at home.
Srane, oe nìteng :) After that maybe I will add some another.

Toliman

Quote from: Toliman on December 21, 2022, 01:37:39 PMWhich scenes in Avatar TWoW are your the most favourite?
I wondered about it and although it's extremely difficult select some scenes (whole movie was amazing), I would select these:
  • Scenes with meeting of Lo'ak with Payakan and their friendship
  • Scene where Kiri saved her parents by guiding them out of the shipwreck with bioluminescent fish she summoned by tapping into her bond with Eywa.
Recently I rewatched Avatar TWoW and my the most fafourite scenes are still these, even after onne year :) :)

Tseykìn

Learn to see the Na'vi way

Toliman

archaic

Pasha, an Avatar story, my most recent fanfic, Avatar related, now complete.

The Dragon Affair my last fanfic, non Avatar related.