Started by Night Raider, January 10, 2010, 02:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ftiafpi

Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 12, 2010, 09:24:28 PM
I just realized that the sequel guarantees more language and new material from Frommer. Time for a party!

Took you long enough :P

Tirea Pa'li

well...
all the actors signed contracts for another 2 films.
Tha!
From all the weapons you have used against us, we always feared your guns least!

Tanhì Tireafya'o

HURRAY!!
Would want to play in the 2nd movie too. Too bad I can't act well.  :-\

Son of The Eastern Sea Ikran Tribe

Pandora, is all our earth could have been

Aperture

I hope I get premiere tickets again! :D

At first I was pretty skeptic about the sequels, but you guys convinced me how awesome it could be!

Hawnuyu atìtse'a

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 12, 2010, 11:53:02 PM
Quote from: Hawnuyu atìtse'a on January 12, 2010, 09:24:28 PM
I just realized that the sequel guarantees more language and new material from Frommer. Time for a party!

Took you long enough :P
No I mean the guarantee guarantees more language...guaranteed.
"And that's how you scatter the roaches."- Col. Miles Quaritch.

Team Quaritch Member

Rey ulte ting rey.

Nume fpi sänume

Good, its been a semi-confirmed thing for a while, good to see more concrete evidence.

Kiliyä

Quote from: Tirea Pa'li on January 13, 2010, 02:16:32 AM
well...
all the actors signed contracts for another 2 films.
Tha!
What about the actors whose characters died?  :o That's just weird...
Peu sa'nokyä ayoengyä?  Pefya ayoeng poeru kìte'e sayi?
Pefya ayoengìl poeti hayawnu, na poel ayoengit hawnu?

What of our mother?  How shall we serve her?  How shall we protect her as she protects us?

Bozemoto

The characters that died will probably be in flashbacks.
Either that or eywa brings them back... which would be corny.

Night Raider

Is this right? I just write whatever in the signature box?

MaTe

Grace-Eywa comeback will be easy from scenario point of view... Quaritch... flashbacks only...
Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Txura Tirea

Quote from: Night Raider on January 14, 2010, 07:42:55 AM

"There are many dangers on Pandora, and one of the subtlest is that you may come to love it too much." - Dr. Grace Augustine

Étienne

Quote from: Txura Tirea on January 14, 2010, 08:49:32 AM
Quote from: Night Raider on January 14, 2010, 07:42:55 AM

Kehe,  :-\

MaTe

Found the interview:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/01/14/avatar-sequel-james-cameron/

Where is my NDD fix?
some people juggle geese...

Ftiafpi

Quote from: MaTe on January 14, 2010, 12:22:33 PM

Found the interview:

Well the bit from Sam Worthington talking about him being fat asking for a beer is obviously a joke so you can't take anything seriously but, that said, I could totally see them doing a storyline where Quaritch comes back as a Na'vi and tries to get another tribe to attack Jake or something like that. Wouldn't be that good of a story IMHO though so I hope they don't do it.

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Ftiafpi on January 14, 2010, 12:35:09 PM
Quote from: MaTe on January 14, 2010, 12:22:33 PM

Found the interview:

Well the bit from Sam Worthington talking about him being fat asking for a beer is obviously a joke so you can't take anything seriously but, that said, I could totally see them doing a storyline where Quaritch comes back as a Na'vi and tries to get another tribe to attack Jake or something like that. Wouldn't be that good of a story IMHO though so I hope they don't do it.

I could see Quaritch as not necessarily being human.

If humans make avatars to look like Na'vi, why wouldn't or couldn't another species do the same to look human for an ulterior motive?

The way that he behaves is entirely single minded, simplistic, uncharacteristically violent for anyone that would be trusted in an authoritative position for a prolonged period of time.  Something is a bubble off, and it may have been deliberate for the arc of the intended series, sneaking up on Selfridge and Augustine over the time they worked together.
私は太った男だ。

Txontaw

I'd hate it if Quaritch came back. Two shots to the chest with arrows that can kill you in a minute does not warrant coming back, unless somehow some evil Na'vi figured out how to make a human avatar.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Txonway

QuoteI'd hate it if Quaritch came back. Two shots to the chest with arrows that can kill you in a minute does not warrant coming back, unless somehow some evil Na'vi figured out how to make a human avatar.

Can Na'vi be really evil? You'd think Eywa would find some way to change that..?

I can't wait for the sequel!!! :D
~Nightsong of the Viperwolf~

Txontaw

Quote from: Txonway on January 14, 2010, 10:46:16 PM
QuoteI'd hate it if Quaritch came back. Two shots to the chest with arrows that can kill you in a minute does not warrant coming back, unless somehow some evil Na'vi figured out how to make a human avatar.

Can Na'vi be really evil? You'd think Eywa would find some way to change that..?

Can't wait for sequel!!!???

It's unlikely, but you never know. There are weirdos in every species.
"You're not in Kansas anymore. You're on Pandora, Ladies and Gentlemen." - Colonel Quaritch

Txur’Itan

Quote from: Txontaw on January 14, 2010, 11:13:17 PM
Quote from: Txonway on January 14, 2010, 10:46:16 PM

Can't wait for sequel!!!???

It's unlikely, but you never know. There are weirdos in every species.

There is something in Na'vi society with cutting the Queue off considering the way Sully was marched into Kelutrel the first time.

If there is a brain-tail amputee Na'vi roaming around, I can see him being a bit jaded and bitter.
私は太った男だ。